Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 11:54 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times

Advertisements

Hello my foodie friends..... today was shopping day.... and CLEANING day. I really need to mop but that might have to wait until tomorrow. Between all of the in and out with the wood and cutting with the saw and the dust and dirt and grime... ugh... the water will most likely be black (my socks sure are).... doing my PTA mess of work that I have been putting off.... taking forever. Gotta run and get my little one from Prek (who changed four times this morning- her room is a total disaster because of it)......

Dinner!!!! pork tenderloin, baby cut carrots, oven roasted potatoes, corn, BROCOLLI (of course- what else would my kids want?), and maybe a salad or another veg we will see.....

Religion tonight and hubby is working late.... and probably the library to rerturn the late books and get some more out..... who knows what else we have in store for today... most likely MORE things to do ......... lol..... have a great day and maybe I will be in again later.......

Old 12-08-2008, 12:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

I love cabbage but I'm not allowed to cook it in the house. I can get away with cooking it inside when I chop it up really small and use it in my vegetable and bean soup.
This cabbage is getting stir fried in a cast iron skillet. The house is wide open here with the temp at 73°. The neighbors will just have to get over it.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:33 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Lacey.....sorry to hear it is Crohn's Hope his (and yours) spirits are doing okay.

I am back at work today, but wish I was at MY NEW HOUSE putting stuff away. It is really a disaster inside. We had 7 people help us move all day Saturday, and they couldn't believe how much "stuff" we have. We have our loft just about cleaned out and will have to go back and clean it this week. The rest of our evenings will be spent going through boxes and boxes of "stuff" and arranging things. The best part though is our good friend is our realtor and he gave up some of his comission on our sale and with it bought us a 50 inch 1080 HDTV Plasma .... and it comes Saturday! Can't wait for that.

We have to go grocery shopping in a bad way. Dinner last night was salad, and dinner tonight will be salad with two grilled chicken breasts I took from the freezer at our old place yesterday and are defrosting.

By the way, hope are of you who are sick are doing okay. I still am somewhat sick and nighttime is the worst. I haven't slept in my bed or slept through the night yet because of a stupid dry cough that only comes around when I try to sleep.

See ya later!
Hope the night cough gets better soon - i get those and hate them sooo much, tho I was told it in my case it's the nasty-sounding 'post nasal drip' from inflamed sinuses, seems the irritation comes from above your throat, not your throat itself...so anti-inflammatories can help, so can inhaling Olbas Oil or similar over hot water before bed, and putting drops of it on your pillow. Get well soon

Enjoy the new TV!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well back from doc and it's Crohn's for sure. The ileum (1' of small intestine) is no wider than your pinky finger. Options-surgery to remove and reconnect-which would last 5 yrs, increased prednisone or remicade IV treatments every 8 weeks for life. Doctor wants to see him in a month and he wants to see what other options there may be.

No fruit, veggies, beans, nuts, popcorn, mushrooms.
Sorry to hear that Lacey - that's no fun for either of you

Old 12-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Lacey, sorry to hear that Crohn's was the diagnosis. We're here for you.

Nomad...so THAT"s what I smell!

I came home and made "red gravy" (in your honor, Lacey!) with meatballs and 2 kinds of sausage. It smells so good! Can we eat dinner now, please???

Good news on the shoulder - dr. says I'm on schedule for healing, we just need to work on my strength. He gave me the OK to go from 3 PT's/week to 2! Can I hear an AMEN!?

Thank you, thank you , thank you.

Be back later. Have a good evening.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:09 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

Just wait until the kielbasa aroma gets down to ya. This north wind will have it there in no time now.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:13 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Oh boy fried cabbage and kielbasa! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm what about some potato pierogi?

NMS the pasta and meatballs and sausage and "red gravy" sounds wonderful.
I am still dieting...so dont quite dare make somethng that delicious.

I have some cube steaks defrosted for tonight.....probably will be swiss steak...but its not decided.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:15 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Quote:
Good news on the shoulder - dr. says I'm on schedule for healing, we just need to work on my strength. He gave me the OK to go from 3 PT's/week to 2! Can I hear an AMEN!?
That is wonderful. Congratulations on the progress made. Keep up the good work.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Quote:
Lacey, sorry to hear that Crohn's was the diagnosis. We're here for you.

I came home and made "red gravy" (in your honor, Lacey!) with meatballs and 2 kinds of sausage. It smells so good! Can we eat dinner now, please???

Thank you, thank you , thank you.

Be back later. Have a good evening.
Yeah you got the big AMEN NMS!!!! And what time is dinner????

I have some frozen so later this week. Plus have to make a big batch for Christmas lasagne.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:39 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Afternoon all! I visited my other threads before coming into this one think I better reverse that from now on.

Lacey at least you know for sure now. Praying for guidance now.

HighlandsGal ask you realtor if he wants to sell my place! Feel better soon.

NMS~~Amen and Amen!

Made extra chicken breasts last night in case oldest dropped by to forge but he didn't. So we will have the rest of them with baked sweet potatoes and fried cabbage tonight.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:40 PM

108 posts, read 395,520 times
Hmmmm...I'm thinking something simple like Chicken tacos with guacamole or cheese dip, yum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.