Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 06:33 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,801 times

Advertisements

Morning all...........

Whats for dinner...........Not a clue at this point. Will check back later.

Debsi......The pork loin covered with salsa sounds really yummy. Let us know how it turned out.

See ya'll later,

Old 12-09-2008, 06:48 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
I am taking out some pulled pork that I froze up a while back and cooking that up with some pork gravy to have hot pork and gravy sandwiches tonight. I'll make my usual mashed potatoes that go so well with all that yummy gravy and some brussel sprouts.

Amber, I think your aunt made up that name, Cocamocha. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that. It was one of her little experiments...I think.

So good to hear things sound better Nomadicus! I will continue praying!

A big welcome to the newbies! I have seen quite a few the last couple of days! You will enjoy your time spent here!

Huck, feel better! All of you who are going through the flu/colds please take care and get to feeling better soon!

Good morning!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:19 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Default Cocoamocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am taking out some pulled pork that I froze up a while back and cooking that up with some pork gravy to have hot pork and gravy sandwiches tonight. I'll make my usual mashed potatoes that go so well with all that yummy gravy and some brussel sprouts.

Amber, I think your aunt made up that name, Cocamocha. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that. It was one of her little experiments...I think.
I would guess you could come up with a cocoamocha mix by combining a hot chocolate mix....with instant coffee.....and perhaps some of the cremora powder....and maybe a little sugar.....Or buy the international coffee brand that probably has it pre mixed but at a price!

Cyn....you supper sounds wonderful.....it is a snowy day here and the thought of mashed potatoes and gravy and pork and brussel sprouts sounds like heaven.....(I was commenting to my DP last evening that its been two months since I have had mashed potato.. (no thnk you)....but.... I am really missing them and am about to treat myself. I have lost 21 pounds to show for the sacrifice.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:27 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Elston how wonderful!!!! Yes-you deserve a treat-use buttermilk as it's low fat.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 AM

That is wonderful elston! Amazing in fact! That is a lot of weight to lose for sure. Good job!

You are correct if I remember correctly regarding the cocamocha...I don't remember how much of whatever was used but could just be a "trial and error". I do know it was hot chocolate mix and instant coffee but have no idea what else was in it. It was yummy though!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 AM

I did find something that sounds close..not sure if it's the right one...

Ingredients:
4 heaping teaspoons hot cocoa mix
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
ground cinnamon -- to taste
Top with whipping cream

Old 12-09-2008, 07:39 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
Elston you are doing so well with your weight loss...Congrats!
Cocoamocha sounds delicious......

Old 12-09-2008, 07:40 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I was commenting to my DP last evening that its been two months since I have had mashed potato.. (no thnk you)....but.... I am really missing them and am about to treat myself. I have lost 21 pounds to show for the sacrifice.
CONGRATS ELSTON That is so great! Hubby is in the same boat and really enjoyed thanksgiving this year more than any other he has ever celebrated because of the "sacrifice". You really don't realize what you are missing until you don't have it anymore..... Really happy for you.

Diva is home sick today..... low grade fever, sniffles, tired.... usual cold like symptoms.... My little chatterbox is off at her bowling class to celebrate her last class and get her trophy! LOL they call her GIGGLES in her class and that will be what they put on the Trophy.... I think that perfectly stated. My father in law takes her each week.... it is their special thing they do and I just found out she has been playing him like a card to take her out to breakfast each Tuesday morning (after she has eaten her breakfast at home!!!)....

Hubby is working late tonight...some big head honcho's are in town and he has to burn the midnight oil. So, Sicko and the Mooch might just get Mac and Cheese for dinner. We will see..... Nothing is defrosted and I have not planned for the evening as of yet. Don't really want to go out either (IT IS COLD!!!!!)......

Old 12-09-2008, 07:46 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am really missing them and am about to treat myself. I have lost 21 pounds to show for the sacrifice.
WOW Elston, congratulations on your hard efforts and great results! and I believe you have exactly the right attitude - the occasional treat won't hurt, but deprivation will! So enjoy those mashed potatoes

Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
Good morning everyone!
Elston that is such great news, you deserve some mashed potatoes.
skbs: Does divette like chicken soup? How cold is it where you live?

I don't know what we are having yet. I have some running around to do today to get the last minute Christmas gifts out in the mail, so I will stop at the store. CheeDee's post caught my eye, hot pastrami sandwiches and soup are starting to sound really good.

I'll catch up with you later foodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink