Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 01:04 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
THURSDAY: DS has to help with cooking for a little bit. Today we are browning center cut pork chops in a small amount EVOO. In the crock pot while they are browning we put 2 bags of refrigerated sauerkraut and cut up white onion. Add 1 can brown gravy and 1 cup of boiling water with 1 tbsp of ketchup and the ban drippings from the frying pan. Cook on high for 6 hours. Served with mashed potatoes. This was my Dad's recipe and I grew up on this. Cherry Pie a la mode for dessert.
Jrsygrl51, that sounds delicious and I hope your back is better soon - How is Ms. Cocoa?

Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Indian Chicken tikka masala curry, chicken and lamb tikka, sheek kebab, quarter of tandoori chicken, vegetable curry, white rice, keema naan bread and a king cobra lager to wash it down.....

And I'm still hungry LOL

Hold on Londoncowboy, are you planning to have this for dinner or did you already snarf it down?

Old 09-22-2016, 01:20 PM

50,364 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I think I'll make eggplant parmesan with some bowtie pasta with evoo and herbs.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:32 PM

Chicken alla Boscaiola (Chicken with a creamy sauce of mushrooms, pancetta, parmesan, herbs and a little sherry) served over fettucine, Italian chopped salad, garlic knots and a bottle of Pinot Grigio. Raspberry sorbet for dessert topped with the rest of the lemon cookies.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:33 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
You should not laugh at this! Your body is telling you that you need dessert! Like Chocolate Cake. Or Chocolate Mousse. Or Chocolate Mousse Filled Cake! I have learned to "listen" to what my body tells me it needs - right now, it's saying, "Feed me Chocolate." It's probably going to tell me to drink some wine in a few hours - I intend to listen to it then, too! (I'm a-scared of what it might do if it turns against me.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Hold on Londoncowboy, are you planning to have this for dinner or did you already snarf it down?
Well the plan was........ As I had a heavy evening out last night ( 🍻🍻🍻 ) I picked my dinner up on the way home from work ( 3/4pm ) so I could have a nice and cozy night on the sofa, feeling stuffed and not being able to move!......zzzzzzzzz

How it's turned out....... Yup after I finished it ... ( I'll take a picture the next time I have it to show how much food it actually is! ) .... I was still hungry!!!!.... So whilst proving that both me and missy have great minds I was looking at this chocolate chip cake...... But then I received a call from a mate asking to meet me in a pub....... So to further prove me and missy are as one and on the same wavelength I've had a few drinks..... And then to finally quench my hunger ( every sip made me even hungrier would you believe LMAO ) I ordered some BBQ chicken wings.......... And yup I was complete at last

So the plan was a nice and quiet night in but now just got back from pub....... Got changed and waiting for a cab to go to a nightclub! LOL

So I'll bid you ALL happy eating ( and drinking LMAO ) tonight

Old 09-22-2016, 03:30 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Frijoles with tortillas and home made salsa. Spinach and avocado salad with grape tomatoes and home made ranch dressing.

Dos Equii (sp) beer. DH going to get that.

Pomegranate sorbet.

IT'S HOT!!!!!

Old 09-22-2016, 03:34 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
You should not laugh at this! Your body is telling you that you need dessert! Like Chocolate Cake. Or Chocolate Mousse. Or Chocolate Mousse Filled Cake! I have learned to "listen" to what my body tells me it needs - right now, it's saying, "Feed me Chocolate." It's probably going to tell me to drink some wine in a few hours - I intend to listen to it then, too! (I'm a-scared of what it might do if it turns against me.)
I concur with Missy2U - listen to your body!

Old 09-22-2016, 03:45 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
I got sucked in to an event I don't want to attend...... I need to just say no!!

try to be a nice guy,,,and it messes up the whole evening which includes dinner and tonight was steak night

I hope they at least serve beer....its a mainstreet/business/rotary event gathering ... the "co-op" is doing the hosting,,,,so I better eat before I go,,,im sure they will have evil food like beets or peas pate',, somehow for finger foods....the place is loaded with fruitloops...

ahhh.....i'll put a trump bumper sticker on a baseball cap....then ill be asked to leave

Old 09-22-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I got sucked in to an event I don't want to attend...... I need to just say no!!

try to be a nice guy,,,and it messes up the whole evening which includes dinner and tonight was steak night

I hope they at least serve beer....its a mainstreet/business/rotary event gathering ... the "co-op" is doing the hosting,,,,so I better eat before I go,,,im sure they will have evil food like beets or peas pate',, somehow for finger foods....the place is loaded with fruitloops...

ahhh.....i'll put a trump bumper sticker on a baseball cap....then ill be asked to leave
Awww...mainbrokerman, stick a rib eye in your pocket and go!

Old 09-22-2016, 04:10 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,784 times
I made some killer short ribs, cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and braised brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar. Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink