Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 11:19 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

^^^^^ Attagirl!!!!!

Old 05-09-2018, 11:48 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
There is being a picky eater, then there is being a big baby. I do think that if someone has a few ingredients you know they can't stand, it is considerate to leave them out of dishes made for the family, or serve them on the side. (Like, I loathe white/red/yellow onions, they ruin a whole dish for me.) But if they gripe about everything, then they need to either cook for themselves, or just eat it and hush up. In your shoes, I would make things I like and cook enough for everyone when cooking, and if husband doesn't like the meal, well, he can figure out his own alternative and you can enjoy the leftovers for your own lunch tomorrow. (Also, if he is not cooking for the family at all, I sure hope he's doing his share in other ways, like cleanup or something!)

Your actual kid is probably just going through a normal phase, from what you say. Unless he has a sensory disorder (e.g. autism) he will come around, given the opportunity. I like these suggestions, and found them effective when we faced this problem:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...h/art-20044948
https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...ky-Eaters.aspx

That said, if you are the regular grocery shopper, it might be good to keep more easy healthy snacks around the house, like cut veggies and fruit, nuts, etc. so if someone does get hungry for non-meal food they can easily make better choices than a dumb bag of cheetos, haha.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:54 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
He is manipulating you, into feeling bad, becasue he is too childish to try new foods. You are being foolish to accommodate his nonsense. The days of a wife having to cook dinners as part of her duty are pretty much gone.

eta: is he holding something over you, like the threat of immigration status, money or a home, or your son, to manipulate you into trying so hard to please him?

Old 05-10-2018, 02:06 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
You have to ask him what his mother used to cook for him.
More likely, ordered out for him, if he's a fussy eater. Or picked up for him at the drive through window.

You married a product of the times. Deal with it.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:14 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Just find out what his Mommy used to make for him.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:48 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoidd View Post
Hi everyone,

My husband is a fussy eater, and so does is our son... he probably takes that from his daddy...

It’s becoming a nightmare, we always fight because of food 😭

He doesn’t like anything...
I’m French and love food, but he won’t try anything I make, he calls it “weird” food
when I ask him, what do you want to eat? He says Food! So I asked him, which kind of food? He says cooked food. I then says can you be more specific, and here the fight begins, he doesn’t know... I need to pull some kind of food from my hat, but whatever I propose he is either not in a mood for it or doesn’t like it... and then he is upset with me because I’m out of ideas,and he ends up just snacking...

I don’t know what to do with him... he is worst than a child!!!!

The worst is the evening, he doesn’t want to eat at the table, he wants something quick and easy to eat
So I usually make something like Porridge or toasted sandwiches with ham or hotdogs... but Mr is sick of it, and complaining I always cook the same, but in the same time he won’t eat anything!!! It’s hard enough it has to be something he can eat in the sofa

The problem is when I finally found something he likes, he then eats it all the time and gets sick of it!
He used to love wrap with lettuce and breaded chicken, now just seeing a wrap make him nauseous
He used to love spaghetti bolonese, so I did it twice a week, now he won’t eat it, same with omelette

Can you help me find food he might like, and can cook for him
He doesn’t like any kind of cheese, except melted on pizza
He doesn’t like any kind of vegetables, maybe lettuce but only if he has no choice
About potatoes he will only eat them if they are roasted in the oven or if it’s chips / French fries
He hates stew
He won’t eat pasta, except if it’s spaghetti
He can tolerate rice but not more than once a week and, when he will see it he will make this face and say “ewwww”
He is sick of toast too

Do you have any suggestions for me, i’m sick of fighting over food... and i’m 7 month and half pregnant, so I have something else to worry about than food!!!

Thanks
Why are you putting up with this guys crap. Youre his wife not indentured servant.

Here is what I would do Mademoiselle if I were you.

I would stop asking him what to cook. He’s being a what we Americans call a punk azz bioch with those answers. It’s very rude. My wife cooks every night. Sometimes she misses the mark. Know what I do? I eat it.

So what I would do is
You cook whatever YOU deem that you’re gonna cook that evening. Soufflé, rice and beans whatever. If he doesn’t like it tell him he can go eat McDonald’s or he is not required to eat and can starve.
OR
The other option is that he can start cooking. So tell him to get his azz in the kitchen and show you his culinary skills. Which I bet is is in the can toast water and boil toast range.

Your husband is a ungrateful little girl.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:06 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
I see it differently. Hubby is probably already upset at having to divide her attention with their son, and now a NEW baby will come along and take up more of her time. He is being childish and petulant in an attempt to get more of her attention - "I'm upset, I need special foods, you don't love me, etc...."

Good luck OP - as a previous poster said, it is not your job to make sure he is not upset. What is he doing to cater to YOU at this time? Hope he is generous with drawing baths, giving foot rubs, and making you feel special.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:25 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I agree, let him fend for himself, you do not have to be an on call chef for him. Look after yourself & the baby, & try to encourage the children to eat a better variety of food, than their Dad.

Sounds selfish to me and immature ......he should be glad of your efforts.

Let him take over all meals for 2 weeks...or have him write out a 2 week menu...he can then see how limited his diet is, not to say unhealthy.

Take care of yourself.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:27 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Why are you putting up with this guys crap. Youre his wife not indentured servant.

Here is what I would do Mademoiselle if I were you.

I would stop asking him what to cook. He’s being a what we Americans call a punk azz bioch with those answers. It’s very rude. My wife cooks every night. Sometimes she misses the mark. Know what I do? I eat it.

So what I would do is
You cook whatever YOU deem that you’re gonna cook that evening. Soufflé, rice and beans whatever. If he doesn’t like it tell him he can go eat McDonald’s or he is not required to eat and can starve.
OR
The other option is that he can start cooking. So tell him to get his azz in the kitchen and show you his culinary skills. Which I bet is is in the can toast water and boil toast range.

Your husband is a ungrateful little girl.

CHANGE that to ungrateful little BOY....

Old 05-10-2018, 06:00 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Make a list of what he does eat then let's work around that by incorporating additional items. Make meal plan in writing for the week together. Make a grocery budget together. Explain to him that his eating habits have an influence on his son not eating healthy which can have long lasting effects on the child.
SO's food horizon was rather limited and it took some time. I got very good at covering things up. You should have seen his face when his favorite cream soup turned out to be potatoe/zucchini
Give a bit and take a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.