Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 10:00 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times

Advertisements

He needs to grow up and act his age.

you need to stop enabling him to act like a petulant child.

You should realize that that this whole thing is all about control and him trying to put the onus on you for not pleasing him.

He sounds like a he has some real issues...I'm guessing he does other things to make you feel inadequate.

I just can't fathom a grown man pouting at the dinner table uttering 'Ewww!'

Put him on a Bread and water ration.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:45 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,131 times
Jesus! I think I understand that your notion of food is completely different, at least from american and french perspective.

I also think the food issues should have been present when you were dating too, so by marrying him you knew what you were getting into.

Why do you give in and make him the junk food Americans eat? Why don't you cook him real food in small portions like in France? did you try that?

It tastes better than the processed crap we eat in this country! and yes, I'd say no matter what you cook it needs to be variety. you cant eat the same thing over and over.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:16 AM

334 posts, read 662,562 times
Default Real Quick Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoidd View Post
Hi everyone,

My husband is a fussy eater, and so does is our son... he probably takes that from his daddy...

It’s becoming a nightmare, we always fight because of food 😭

He doesn’t like anything...
I’m French and love food, but he won’t try anything I make, he calls it “weird” food
when I ask him, what do you want to eat? He says Food! So I asked him, which kind of food? He says cooked food. I then says can you be more specific, and here the fight begins, he doesn’t know... I need to pull some kind of food from my hat, but whatever I propose he is either not in a mood for it or doesn’t like it... and then he is upset with me because I’m out of ideas,and he ends up just snacking...

I don’t know what to do with him... he is worst than a child!!!!

The worst is the evening, he doesn’t want to eat at the table, he wants something quick and easy to eat
So I usually make something like Porridge or toasted sandwiches with ham or hotdogs... but Mr is sick of it, and complaining I always cook the same, but in the same time he won’t eat anything!!! It’s hard enough it has to be something he can eat in the sofa

The problem is when I finally found something he likes, he then eats it all the time and gets sick of it!
He used to love wrap with lettuce and breaded chicken, now just seeing a wrap make him nauseous
He used to love spaghetti bolonese, so I did it twice a week, now he won’t eat it, same with omelette

Can you help me find food he might like, and can cook for him
He doesn’t like any kind of cheese, except melted on pizza
He doesn’t like any kind of vegetables, maybe lettuce but only if he has no choice
About potatoes he will only eat them if they are roasted in the oven or if it’s chips / French fries
He hates stew
He won’t eat pasta, except if it’s spaghetti
He can tolerate rice but not more than once a week and, when he will see it he will make this face and say “ewwww”
He is sick of toast too

Do you have any suggestions for me, i’m sick of fighting over food... and i’m 7 month and half pregnant, so I have something else to worry about than food!!!

Thanks
Tell your husband and your son to skip a few meals . . . go without eating a day or so. A potato chip tastes like a sirloin steak after you've missed a few meals, and you are happy with anything. I have been pretty down at certain points of my life, and trust me, there was no food that I would refuse.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:30 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
Sign him up for community cooking classes, and have him learn to cook.

Make whatever you want, put it on the table, and say, "Dinner time!" And if he doesn't like it, ask him to come to the table to just sit with you (and kids) for 15-30 minutes of family time (without electronics or screens).

Old 05-10-2018, 11:31 AM

6,300 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post
Jesus! I think I understand that your notion of food is completely different, at least from american and french perspective.

I also think the food issues should have been present when you were dating too, so by marrying him you knew what you were getting into.

Why do you give in and make him the junk food Americans eat? Why don't you cook him real food in small portions like in France? did you try that?

It tastes better than the processed crap we eat in this country! and yes, I'd say no matter what you cook it needs to be variety. you cant eat the same thing over and over.

Putting aside that this issue doesn’t seem to be about food but control, why assume he showed his food issues prior to marriage? She is pregnant and has a toddler and this grown man is being a turd and making her life miserable. He should be cooking for HER. If my son was treating his wife this way (she is also pregnant at this time) my husband and I would be disappointed and disgusted.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:32 AM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
Together sit down and create a 2-week menu. Then post it and follow it. Since he acts like a child, use foods a child would like. Have a list of potential suggestions:

Sloppy joes
Grilled cheese sandwiches & soup or salad
Baked beans and hot dogs
Pizza
Chicken nuggets
Hamburgers
Pancakes and sausages
French toast
Chili
Chicken pot pies (buy Marie Callendars in the froze section)
Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
Fish sticks
Macaroni and cheese
Chicken fried steak
Corn
French fries
Mashed potatoes
Raw carrot sticks
Fried cheese sticks
Meatball hero sandwiches
Nachos
Tacos
Lasagna

Old 05-10-2018, 11:34 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
My husband has always been this way too. I struggled for years to find foods he would enjoy. I blamed myself for not being a good enough cook, for not being imaginative with food, for having no talent in the kitchen. It was all my fault.

He had never been grocery shopping with me, and just recently he finally agreed to do so. To my amazement, he started picking out his own foods as we went through the aisles. He now has several foods that he will make for himself. I realized that all these years, he just needed to plan his own damn meals.

Perhaps your husband should also plan his own damn meals.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:38 AM

8,151 posts, read 8,350,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
My husband has always been this way too. I struggled for years to find foods he would enjoy. I blamed myself for not being a good enough cook, for not being imaginative with food, for having no talent in the kitchen. It was all my fault.

He had never been grocery shopping with me, and just recently he finally agreed to do so. To my amazement, he started picking out his own foods as we went through the aisles. He now has several foods that he will make for himself. I realized that all these years, he just needed to plan his own damn meals.

Perhaps your husband should also plan his own damn meals.
Its a great idea to take him to the grocery store!

Old 05-10-2018, 11:40 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Default My husband is a fussy eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I agree, let him fend for himself, you do not have to be an on call chef for him. Look after yourself & the baby, & try to encourage the children to eat a better variety of food, than their Dad.

I agree with the sentiments expressed above by evening sun.
Additionally, you have more things on your plate (figuratively speaking) facing you than just a "fussy eater" husband & a child & a baby on the way
You are mired in a VERY DIFFICULT domestic situation! I truly have pity for you & suggest that you reach out for counseling so as to make the right choices so as to protect yourself & your child & unborn baby!
Good luck to you!

Old 05-10-2018, 11:45 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Wow! This guy is supposed to be a grownup, not a child. I am seriously grateful whenever anyone cooks anything for me!

If I was in your place I would cook a nice meal and if they want it, they can eat. If they don't, they can do without or make something else. Not your problem. The worst thing is, he is teaching your kid to be picky too! Limit the amount of grab and go junkfood sitting around too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink