Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 03:03 PM

4,944 posts, read 3,316,689 times

Advertisements

The family wanted an airfryer so we got one. During its early second year it died got taken for repair and then things went well for a year and some months. Until a few weeks ago it started a very high pitched noise. Very weird. S/O switched it off still the high pitched noise.
He unplugged and even without electric current/voltage the high pitched noise continued.
When the air fryer had cooled off S/O put it outside in the garden the thing is still doing the high pitched noise. It continued. I am the last one to go to sleep, the noise was still there. I usually wake up at night. So I open door to patio and yes the air fryer is still doing the high pitched noise. Unbelievable. Next day morning thing was finally quiet.
S/O took it inside. After many days we start it looking at it in apprehension... it is the regular sound but a bit noisier but no high pitch noise yet.
Has anyone had this happen also? And what is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 04:44 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
The first looks more like a prep sheet for making pies. The "jelly roll" pan is really a baking/cookie sheet. It is the most used design used is bakeries and homes.

You pre-heat a cold air fryer. Store bought pre-fab fries do not need oil. They have received oil during the manufacturing process.

If I was cooking my "pre-fab" fries with my 5-3 QT 1700 Watt air fryer here's my steps.
If Air fryer is cold (hasn't been used)

Preheat 5 minutes, 350 degrees on Fries Setting.

Once heated add fries about 2/3 full leaving air flow room.

Cook 20 minutes, 350 degrees on Fries Setting [10 minutes into cook time shake/flip fries]

Old 12-02-2018, 06:25 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
There is a new item called Ninja Foodi that is both a pressure cooker and air fryer. Sounds like a neat space-saving design. I will have to resist buying one, as I already have an instant pot on the way.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:32 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
There is a new item called Ninja Foodi that is both a pressure cooker and air fryer. Sounds like a neat space-saving design. I will have to resist buying one, as I already have an instant pot on the way.
You will love your IP. I made ribs in mine tonight.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:23 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,163,725 times
I hope I am not repeating someone's post on this thread...I just listened to an air fryer review from America's Test Kitchen. They were surprised to find they really didn't like any of them. They said it's not much different than using a baking rack on a baking sheet in your convection oven. I have never used one, so I don't know...

Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
I hope I am not repeating someone's post on this thread...I just listened to an air fryer review from America's Test Kitchen. They were surprised to find they really didn't like any of them. They said it's not much different than using a baking rack on a baking sheet in your convection oven. I have never used one, so I don't know...
Preheat a convection oven to reheat a slice of pizza?

Old 12-06-2018, 09:06 AM

1,939 posts, read 2,163,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Preheat a convection oven to reheat a slice of pizza?

Well, oddly enough, that's exactly what I do to reheat pizza But I did say I've never used an air fryer, so I wasn't adding any comment other than mentioning that ATK didn't care for them. You can listen to the review on the latest Splendid Table podcast. But to that point, they said it's an awfully big piece of equipment to have on the counter just to reheat pizza. And it's too small to use for family sized meals, according to them.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:45 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
Pretty much how I feel. They’re gimmicks that don’t adequately replace any tools in the kitchen and do an inferior job as compared to other methods.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:08 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Pretty much how I feel. They’re gimmicks that don’t adequately replace any tools in the kitchen and do an inferior job as compared to other methods.
Agreed, I have a double oven LG range and the convection oven is awesome, lots of air movement so it basically is exactly the same as an air fryer.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
That is what is on my Christmas list and I am pretty sure I will get it. I have asked my special Santa to get me either that or a larger air fryer I am betting I will get the multi cooker. I will let everyone know how I like it. they get really good ratings on Amazon

McBain: do you have a Air Fryer? If not do you think you can fairly remark about them? I would like to know, if they are so inferior as you say, why are they so popular?

Now on a lighter note: what would our grandparents and great grandparents think if they were alive and spending time in the kitchen these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink