Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times

Advertisements

Kshe - sounds good to me! Yum!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
THE 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE PERSON
Great idea. Thanks for posting that.

A mug can also be used for a quick scrambled egg. Spray in some Pam, crack an egg and stir well.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Great idea. Thanks for posting that.

A mug can also be used for a quick scrambled egg. Spray in some Pam, crack an egg and stir well.
That's how I cook DH an egg for a sandwich. If you spray a mug (I actually use a bowl) really really well with pam, and then crack the egg, salt and pepper, shredded cheese and then beat. Cook for about 1 minute, but stop about 3 times during cooking to stir really well. Seriously - it is hard to tell the difference between this and a soft-scrambled egg in a pan. Just really have to watch it.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,759 times
YEEAAHh! I am happy people like the idea. I did. I tried it and it is good. Now The only thing I might suggest is frosting I had to take a bite to make sure it was ediable
The best part is easy clean up...
Keshe your dinner sounds so good I can't even explain. My stomache actually growled
Kats I have good will power true but sometimes that will power keeps me off my treadmill too! ha ha ha ha!!
Jaxs your kids will like the cake for the time it takes.. I know you will adjust the recipe as you go

Hi Mom I love you!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
That's how I cook DH an egg for a sandwich. If you spray a mug (I actually use a bowl) really really well with pam, and then crack the egg, salt and pepper, shredded cheese and then beat. Cook for about 1 minute, but stop about 3 times during cooking to stir really well. Seriously - it is hard to tell the difference between this and a soft-scrambled egg in a pan. Just really have to watch it.
I wish I could get that idea across to DH! I have to scrub coffee cups that he has done eggs in with a sandblaster!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:55 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Hi, all, just stopping for a moment to say hello. Welcome back to skbs, so glad to hear more from our Amber, and simply delighted that Kats sounds like she's feeling better. And then there are all those new stars everywhere... gotta get the shades out at this table!

Had good old fashioned chicken and dumplings with our weekly dinner guests tonight; they're both just winding up with finals, were craving comfort food, and you can't get much more comforting than that. The leftovers will make an awesome chicken soup in a few days.

Still have to tackle the dishes yet, and it'll be another looooong day tomorrow, so I'll bid you all goodnight. Have a great Wednesday!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I wish I could get that idea across to DH! I have to scrub coffee cups that he has done eggs in with a sandblaster!
Ha! Don't I know all too well! LOL BUT, if they ever have to clean one themselves.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
...and simply delighted that Kats sounds like she's feeling better.
Thanks so much! I really am feeling much better. I still can't hear very much, but the shooting pains have stopped, and the fever has broken right now so I am grateful. I guess those big ole horsepill antibiotics are working their magic, and trust me, I will be taking every last one of them!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I've been known to use a bowl also. I found out by accident that if I use a larger bowl then needed the eggs cooked more evenly. I agree, you have to watch them. I cover them with something too so they don't pop onto the sides of the micro.

Turn them a couple of times with a fork, using a new fork each time, so as not to reintroduce raw eggs to them as they cook.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 PM

I just beat the heck out them about 3 times while they are cooking, incorporating all of the egg. I do like really soft eggs though, and I found that they keep cooking even after they are on the plate. DH is really particular about his egg, lol, and doesn't like it really done. Hmmm........hope I am not slowly poisoning him??? EEK! LOL

Old 05-13-2009, 03:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all-

Kats so glad those horse pills are starting to kick in. I like my scrambled loose and soft and cannot understand why they can't do it right out here.

Amber you are being very good but give yourself some slack. Remember it's not a "diet" it's a life change.

MWBW-nothing better than chix n dumplings.

NMS sure it was fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink