Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 12:12 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,495,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I just found chicken thawing in fridge. Wife must be planning something chicken. If weather holds I may grill for her. May get a rainmaker though.
I grill in snow........

Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
I grill in snow........
Yea, I have too. Cloud to ground lightning is another subject....Time to grill that chicken on the Jenair.
Now if I can just remember to bring a jar of pickled beets home....They seem to be sounding good now. And a can of whole berry cranberry sauce. That might be
something I would enjoy tonight for supper.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
I just took the Lasagna for tomorrows lunch out of the oven. It's a cabbage/ground meat lasagna:

1lb ground meat - mix with cubes of 1 onion, 2 squashed garlic gloves, 1 egg, 1 toast (soaked in water and then all the water has to be squeezed out), thyme and some other herbs.

2 lbs of cabbage (preferably savoy cabbage)
Take all the leaves off the cabbage and steam them for 3-4 minutes in hot salt water.

Take 6 slices of bacon and put them next to one another in an oven dish.
Put some cabbage leaves onto it, then the next layer is ground meat, cabbage again and ground meat, finish with cabbage and put 3 more slices of bacon on top.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 1 hour. Take the foil off, pour 2 cups of cream over it, sprinkle some grated cheese on top an bake for another 30 mins.

Bon apetit.
This sounds really good. Is the cabbage really REALLY done when it finished? I ask because DH likes his cabbage REALLY done.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Fed the kids ravioli.... have karate tonight.... man I am still not caught up on all my Disney wash!!! It is beautiful here today...about 70 and sunny. I got some pretty plants I can't wait toget in the garden... but while I was gone there was a ton of rain and the weeds took over. This weekend I am going to be very busy trying to gain control again. I think if hubby is home when I get back tonight I am going to try and put in some time and pull as much as I can tonight and throw together a quick sandwich for myself for dinner.... have some really good turkey breast I picked up from BJ's yesterday (nitrate free for the migraines) that tastes amazing toasted in the oven on a roll.... if all goes well he can get the kids to bed and I can play in the dirt.... fingers crossed....

Old 05-13-2009, 03:21 PM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
Good afternoon to everyone at Cyn's table.

I haven't cooked in three days....Monday, I wasn't hungry...so I had a salad with lots of goodies. Tuesday, after working my shift, we had a 4 hour continuing education class. After that, I decided I had better stop in my mother's abode and say hello. Came from there, kissed the fur kids and hit the bed for the night. This morning we had our annual ceremony at work (outside in the parking lot in 98 degree weather!); enjoyed seeing a lot of retired co-workers. Afterwards a bunch of us hit a local cafe for lunch and I had a enchilada and taco combo plate. I am now officially stuffed, so will probably not eat much for dinner. It's too hot to think straight anyway.

It has now been 9 days since my last cigarette and I have to admit, I really haven't missed them...hardest ones to do without have been after eating hot and spicy chili...but, I knew that would be the one I missed, so this has not been totally unexpected.

By the way, I am taking donations of rain...any and all would be deeply appreciated!

Best wishes to all...have a wonderful day!

Old 05-13-2009, 03:55 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
I am so proud and amazed with your not smoking! I still get the urge daily!! Seems worse lately. The first time I quit 20 years ago it was so much easier. I could and would gladly accept a cigarette if offered but DH won't let that happen. I think mine is stress related or maybe my body is just to tired of doing without any "fun" things! Ha! Also I don't have quite the reasons for quitting I had 20 years ago either... Whatever you should be so proud of yourself!! Great job!!

Old 05-13-2009, 04:07 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times
shrimp etouffee
rice
strawberries or watermelon for dessert

Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Very proud of all of you!

I should have done this last night but want to share as pork came out beyond good. I had some sliced mushrooms that I had to use so I lined my pan w/foil, laid out the mushrooms, some thin sliced onions, salt/pepper,garlic powder, rosemary. Put pork on top seasoned w/salt/pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary and roasted. All I really wanted was those mushrooms-wow.

Ok thundering, hail,lightening-later!

Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Congrats to all that have chosen to stop smoking!!! I am supporting a friend on mine on her goal!

Good Lord, do I really have to get a bicycle flag for my grocery cart? The only thing that I have even remotely to that is a large "Open House" sign. I'm a real estate agent you know

I am steaming a ginger chicken dish. My grandmother would actually use a hen in her recipe. She would chop it up into bit sized pieces with Chinese sausage, sometimes ****ake mushrooms and green onions. I use chicken thighs and make a sauce of mushroom soy sauce, sesame oil, freshly ground pepper and some mirin. I will serve it over steamed rice. Yes I have a rice cooker. It's a no brainier to cook rice. Otherwise I would lose my Asian License

Although with a rice cooker, you don't get the crust or as some Japanese call it - mistake rice. We would take the crust or "nook" and eat it either plain or with some boiled hot water like a soup. I still have fond memories of having nutty "nunk" with hot water. The water would draw out the nutty-ness of the semi-burnt rice.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Can of crescent rolls, package of hot dogs. Wrap dogs within rolls. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Cook until rolls brown. Should be about 13 to 15 minutes...

Last edited by TKramar; 05-13-2009 at 05:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink