Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,517,233 times

Advertisements

Last night ended up getting home late and threw together a soup from the chicken stock I made last weekend, frozen chinese dumplings, a few big old costco shrimp, and lots of chopped onion and garlic and some other seasonings.

Any excuse to eat something with toasted sesame oil drizzled in it will do..

So tonight I will make my DH a very happy man by cooking hamburgers, his favorite meal.

Ooh, I think it's time for Big Mac Burgers again!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:58 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
On Saturday we are hosting the family Easter get together.....I am doing a buffet....easiest way to serve an informal family gathering. I am looking forward to it. (4 generations at one party)

I am making a BIG lasagna and someone is bringing Italian bread; I am roasting a big chicken (6+ pounds); will have rice (both my DP and grand daughter love rice) my son is bringing a salad and roasted beets; I am making a jello fruit salad mold because I remember that as an Easter treat from my childhood and my son said grand daughter has never had a jello mold....but has heard about them and wants to try some.....I am also making easter cup cakes with white frosting coconut and jelly beans. At some point in the day we will dye easter eggs!

Some of the "guests" havent been to our house since we had the rooms painted and my youngest son's lady friend just bought a RV adn they may come over in that. It should be a day filled fun.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:20 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,947,287 times
Not sure about dinner tonight. I feel like take out -- maybe Chinese, Thai, or Indian. I do have stuff to make Indian butter chicken -- but I might save that for Saturday.

Hope the doctor's appointment went well Lacey!!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:28 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,873,356 times
Lacey Good Luck today....

Snow has melted and is seems like the weather is going to be warmer.... fingers crossed. Finally got Diva a big girl bike w/ no training wheels! She's got to learn!!!! She is young for first grade- the youngest in her class and the last to learn amoung her friends- so they are starting to bust on her. Poor kid.... So I went out the other day and surprised her with a new PINK and White big girl bike... she is psyched... I am picking her up from school and I think we will take a stab at it.

Hubby is taking a half day today we have someone coming over to hook up a generater for us for the times our electricity goes out.... so he is coming home to oversee that job. Thank goodness because I don't want to be responsible for remembering any of that information in a time of stress! I will leave it to him....

I think with him home I want to grill tonight. I have chicken and sausage that I can defrost.... salad.... keep it light on the side..... it will be a nice meal if we are outside playing and he can be out grilling.... sounds good to me! Especially since we don't really have a schedule today....

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:37 AM

7,336 posts, read 2,744,446 times
Still trying to decide...looking at either a BLT or tacos. I'm having major dental surgery Monday, so...trying to get the goodies eaten before then. Back to work tonight...should be busy, we're having horrific winds today and that always seems to bring out less than the best in people. Hope all have a good day.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Woman View Post
Still trying to decide...looking at either a BLT or tacos. I'm having major dental surgery Monday, so...trying to get the goodies eaten before then. Back to work tonight...should be busy, we're having horrific winds today and that always seems to bring out less than the best in people. Hope all have a good day.
The elders said, "It's an ill wind, that blows no good." So see what good this wind is going to bring your way!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Hi all back from the surgeon and we feel much better. He is not sure it's even Crohn's and wants to do a barium lower GI-YUK! Poor Mr. L.

But he was very positive and told us his strength will be back in time as it takes 3 days to recoup from 1 day in the hosp. not counting the abcess,etc so it will be longer. Wants him to walk, increase his food-protein,etc. And we go back next week.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,419,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

Not sure about dinner tonight yet, waiting for some good ideas here to grab me...Lately, I have been feeling that "I am tired of the same ole food" thing. Seems we go back and forth between chicken, pork and beef. Getting bored. I am not a seafood cook so if we eat that it is usually at a restaurant.
That's how I've been feeling. Not even sure what I want or feel like eating. Have to get to the store today.........I can't believe I'm out of chicken
Need fish for tomorrow's Cioppino dinner. At least I have something planned.

Have a great day.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 AM

Lacey......this is sounding encouraging! So feed him well and walk him gently and he needs his rest!

This makes me think of an old New England recipe that used to be handed down from Mother to Daughter back when Hector was a pup!

To Preserve a Husband

"A good many husbands are spoiled by mismanagement. Some women go about it as if there husbands were balloons and blow them up. Others keep them in hot water. Others let them freeze with indifference and by carelessness. Some keep them in a stew by irritating ways and words. Others roast them. Some keep them in a pickle all their lives.

It cannot be supposed that any husband will be tender and good if managed in this way, but they are really delicious if properly treated.

In selecting your husband do not go to market for him as the best are always brought to your door.
It is far better to have none unless you will patiently learn how to govern him. See that the linen in which you wrap him is properly washed and mended, with the required number of buttons and strings tightly sewed on.

Tie him in the kettle by a strong silk cord called comfort, as the one called duty is apt to be weak. They are apt to fall out of the kettle and be burned and crusty on the edges, since like crabs and lobsters you have to cook them while alive. If he sputters and fusses do not be anxious--some husbands do this until they are called "done". Add a little sugar in the form of what confectioners call kisses, but no vinegar or pepper on any account. A little spice improves them, but it must be used with judgement. Do not stick any sharp instruments into him to see if he is becoming tender. Stir him gently, watching the while lest he adhere to the kettle, and so become useless. You cannot fail to know when he is done.

If this treatment is closely followed you will find him all that is desirable, but do not be careless with him and keep him in too cool a place."

Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Oh Elston that is a good one and I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink