Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Well, Nomad...we followed in your footsteps. I went over to a friend's house to drop something off. I wasn't there 5 min. when DH called to tell me to get home soon because he was ordering Pizza from Papa John's. Yum. WOrd of advice, tho. He decided to get a little healthy and ordered the whole wheat crust. Don't do it.
Can you believe the whole wheat crust has more calories? That seems wrong somehow.

Pizza here tonight too. I made cheeseburger pizza with mustard instead of red sauce, pickles, bacon, onions and cheddar cheese. It was sooooo good and so bad all at once!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Can you believe the whole wheat crust has more calories? That seems wrong somehow.

Pizza here tonight too. I made cheeseburger pizza with mustard instead of red sauce, pickles, bacon, onions and cheddar cheese. It was sooooo good and so bad all at once!
Sounds like a Mae West Pizza. I gotta try one of those...

Old 04-10-2009, 08:13 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
I may have to steal that name, Nomadicus.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:20 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,731,183 times
We were at the fish market today. Saw some gorgeous tuna steaks and had to have them. We'll do them simply, seared quickly on the grill. I'll throw together a simple little lemon-caper sauce. Served with brown basmati rice and a simple green salad.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Good morning all-all the pizza talk makes me want to head to Papa Murphy's for a thin crust take n bake.

Have leftover pork so may make bar-b-qued pork sandwiches w/ fries for Mr. L, w/salad for me.

MWBW-your poor eyeballs must be crossing by now-hope today all those numbers co-operate.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Whew---made it! One crazy wild night here. It rained so hard and we had a heck of a lightening and thunder show. Looked like the fourth of July!! So far only one rose looks like it needs some work. The loose dirt filled in around it with the huge amount of rain so it's to much dirt around the bush now. Other then that everything looks ok. I guess the hail didn't hurt them. The neighbors horses sure didn't like the hail one bit. They ran out of the barn because the noise scared them and then when they were out in the pasture they were running, trying to get away from getting hit by the hail. I really felt badly for them but they seem fine now.
DH's shrimp wasn't his best---he put to much salt on it. He used sea salt and I guess he just added to much. We ate what we could and the dog enjoyed the rest! DH also did a pork roast yesterday that he pulled and that will be dinner tonight unless he decides to grill some steaks because the weather is suppose to be beautiful the rest of the weekend here. I might just freeze the pulled pork in meal sized packages with pork gravy for future pork and gravy dinners. Steak sounds especially good to me today! Hope everyone has a great Saturday and be careful with those nasty storms!!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:17 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,093,187 times
Good to hear that you are safe! I was thinking about you last night and then on the locale news is the flashing information about possible tornado warnings and hail. The storms were just crazy as the weather radar was lit up in several counties all over the map. The animals did not seemed bothered over the matter so I thought we would be safe.

Poor horses. I know they were scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Whew---made it! One crazy wild night here. It rained so hard and we had a heck of a lightening and thunder show. Looked like the fourth of July!! So far only one rose looks like it needs some work. The loose dirt filled in around it with the huge amount of rain so it's to much dirt around the bush now. Other then that everything looks ok. I guess the hail didn't hurt them. The neighbors horses sure didn't like the hail one bit. They ran out of the barn because the noise scared them and then when they were out in the pasture they were running, trying to get away from getting hit by the hail. I really felt badly for them but they seem fine now.
DH's shrimp wasn't his best---he put to much salt on it. He used sea salt and I guess he just added to much. We ate what we could and the dog enjoyed the rest! DH also did a pork roast yesterday that he pulled and that will be dinner tonight unless he decides to grill some steaks because the weather is suppose to be beautiful the rest of the weekend here. I might just freeze the pulled pork in meal sized packages with pork gravy for future pork and gravy dinners. Steak sounds especially good to me today! Hope everyone has a great Saturday and be careful with those nasty storms!!

Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Good morning all. I hope everyone made it through the crazy weather. Lots of tornadoes touched down in TN.

Hubby is getting Hebrew National hot dogs and beans. I am having more seafood salad with strawberries for dinner. I make one meal and it lasts for days, lol. Dieting and eating less sure helps the cost of the grocery bill.

Jaxson- Thanks for the tip about clearing trees on the mountain. Mike and I don't want to bring too many strangers inside our "compound". Maybe Jimmy, our grader, wants them.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
YLisa-glad you weathered the storm.

Where's Kats? Did she mention going away?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
morning everyone! I just came in from the garden, I have enough lettuce to feed an army! Whatever I make for dinner is going to involve lettuce, and lots of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink