Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 07:00 PM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm not a food snob. I don't care that much for cooking but I do make almost everything from scratch because of food allergies and just because packaged food usually has so much chemical junk in it.

I usually use frozen vegetables--except for things that you can store in the fridge like carrots, potatoes, butternut squash, etc.

I eat frozen stuff like pizza, frozen burritos, frozen chicken pot pies. Of course there's bread, cereal and lots of other things that I don't make from scratch.

I do enjoy using my mother's old recipes every so often and that's about the only time I really do enjoy cooking anything. Her banana bread, her brownies, her pot roast.

I don't go to fast food places but that's out of health concerns mostly. I eat hot dogs but I make sure I get the ones without the nitrites. Since I can't afford fancy restaurants, there's no other choice but to cook.

A food snob would probably be someone who thinks they are superior because of what they eat. They can look down on a vegetarian, an omnivore, a processed food eater, anyone. A food snob thinks they are better than you.
I am pretty much like you ^^^. I eat all that frozen stuff, don't do fast food, etc. I don't cook a lot from scratch, my food is what I call "semi-home made" (like an old tv cooking show) I start with things like the soup stock in a box, and maybe even a rotisserie chicken and add veggies, rice, etc for soup. I usually use jarred pasta sauce because I don't want to simmer for hours and the jar sauce is cheap, quick, easy and quite good. Things like that. These days it is much easier to get tastier healthier options that are semi-prepared. I definitely don't consider myself a food snob. Like the quote poster, a sob things they are better than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 10:57 PM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I like to cook, but I don't make everything from scratch. I had somebody tell me once that the soup I made wasn't really homemade because I didn't make my own stock. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ask them how how their flock of chickens ia doing. You don't raise chickens? How can you be sure what they're eating?

Old 02-12-2018, 06:10 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
How long do those 20 different fresh veggies last you? I'm intrigued! Give me an idea of what you buy.
I'm the same as greatblueheron with veggies. What' in my fridge this moment?

cabbage
red peppers
jalapeno
serrano
anaheim
poblamo
broccoli
cauliflower
spinach
carrots
mushrooms
potatoes
red onion
yellow onion
green onions
cilantro
parsley
celery
tomato
avocado

I thinkt that's it. There's only two of us usually, but I eat about 10 veggies a day, and cook everything from scratch.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-12-2018, 10:08 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,292,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm the same as greatblueheron with veggies. What' in my fridge this moment?

cabbage
red peppers
jalapeno
serrano
anaheim
poblamo
broccoli
cauliflower
spinach
carrots
mushrooms
potatoes
red onion
yellow onion
green onions
cilantro
parsley
celery
tomato
avocado

I thinkt that's it. There's only two of us usually, but I eat about 10 veggies a day, and cook everything from scratch.

My list is a bit different:

red cabbage
green cabbage
green peppers
assorted mini-peppers
portobella mushrooms
white button mushrooms
baby bella mushrooms
beech mushrooms
kale
carrots
brown onions
scallions
red onions
red yams
#1 white potatoes
carrots
dill
cilantro
basil
celery
cucumbers
cherry tomatoes
avocado
thai eggplant.

That toes not include the two types of oranges, three types of lemons and other fruit that I have in stock.

Looks like I have to get a cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink