Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba89 View Post
Well yes that was rude. You must not have a good friend that is gay or you would understand. If i could delete the posting I would because obviously I will not get any help on this forum.

Sorry, I wasnt trying to be rude. I guess I just dont understand the need to find what you're looking for. Call me old-fashioned I guess, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 09:11 PM

622 posts, read 1,666,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
^^^
is your dog gay or something?
He could be.. he loved all the attention.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:11 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,335,727 times
Neither affiliated nor familiar with the following web site but looks like it might be of help (loved the gay dog comments)...

Gay Hotels Fort Lauderdale Gay Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

"Whether you are searching for large all-welcoming, gay friendly hotels or intimate gay guesthouses, gay Fort Lauderdale provides the perfect accommodations for all tastes..."

Old 02-06-2010, 11:26 PM

259 posts, read 841,129 times
This is hilarious.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Good grief people, there are gay only hotels and resorts because believe it or not, even in "gay friendly" destinations, if two guys or two girls were to walk the grounds of the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale (or whatever), holding hands, kissing by the pool, etc.... some heterosexuals have a problem with that, especially if they have children with them, and will make that same sex couple feel uncomfortable.

It's also why there are "gay bars" and "straight bars" in this world. Or all gay cruises. So people can feel comfortable.

Of course, the laws of the country mean that if something is a "men's only" or "women's only" resort, a "membership fee" must be included in the price, to turn it from public accomodation to private club.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:16 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,329,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Good grief people, there are gay only hotels and resorts because believe it or not, even in "gay friendly" destinations, if two guys or two girls were to walk the grounds of the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale (or whatever), holding hands, kissing by the pool, etc.... some heterosexuals have a problem with that, especially if they have children with them, and will make that same sex couple feel uncomfortable.
It only makes somebody feel uncomfortable if they're insecure, IMO.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
It only makes somebody feel uncomfortable if they're insecure, IMO.

That's complete BS. Nobody wants to be stared at, sneered at, or hear ignorant comments. Especially when so many straight people love to say, "I don't care what they do, just don't rub it in our faces."

Until straight people can get over whatever personal issues THEY have due to THEIR insecurity, I fully support gay resorts, etc. where gay couples can be free to hold their partner's hand, put suntan lotion on their partner, and otherwise do whatever else straight people have the privilege to enjoy everywhere else in the world without jeers sneers or stares.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,918,888 times
Most people don't slobber all over each other in public so it really should not be an issue. I have VERY MANY gay friends and we never go to specific gay only destinations. I will be seeing them tomorrow night and I will ask them if they go to gay only destinations when they are going out with other gays.

They were talking about taking a cruise with our family and we would not pick a gay specific cruise, we were just looking at dates that worked for both couples.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 AM

1,500 posts, read 3,335,727 times
Seemed to me the OP's dilemma was that she wanted to take her gay friend to a gay hotel so that he could enjoy all of that but that she also wanted to be in the same hotel with him, which would make the other gay guys uncomfortable, especially if it has a clothings optional area. What I'm not sure she understands, as she finds herself in such quandary, is that she wouldn't even be welcomed there if she was a lesbian.

Realize that gay takes on two meanings here. While lesbians are gay, not all gays are lesbians. Sometimes gays are just gays, just men. So woman are referred to as both gay and lesbian, but men are only referred to as gay. Strictly gay hotels, as the term is generally used and unless specified otherwise, cater to gay men, not to lesbians and certainly not to str8 women. So that's just the way it is, unless you think, maybe, that vacationing gay guys desire to see bare breasted lesbians sunning by the pool.

Fortunately for the mixed couple, Fort Lauderdale is very accomodating and you should have no trouble at all finding a hotel which will accept a str8 woman, a gay man and their bi-curious dog. As long as she keeps her shirt on, he keeps his pants on and the dog doesn't shed too much, likely you will all fit in by the pool.

PS just as clarification for those who do not yet get the agenda. Here's a women's resort in Key West I just found online http://www.pearlsrainbow.com/ . Notice how they don't even use the stand-alone word "gay" with respect to how it classifies the type of hotel it is, but only as it is attached by hyphen as in "gay-friendly women" (i.e. gender specific str8s). Instead it is referred to as a lesbian resort or a women's hotel.

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 02-07-2010 at 11:56 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 12:47 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
That's complete BS. Nobody wants to be stared at, sneered at, or hear ignorant comments. Especially when so many straight people love to say, "I don't care what they do, just don't rub it in our faces."

Until straight people can get over whatever personal issues THEY have due to THEIR insecurity, I fully support gay resorts, etc. where gay couples can be free to hold their partner's hand, put suntan lotion on their partner, and otherwise do whatever else straight people have the privilege to enjoy everywhere else in the world without jeers sneers or stares.

Then they shouldnt go so out of their way to act gay, which is what so many do. It's always this "look at me, I'm gay and proud" pride that they wear that's so annoying. If one is gay, who cares, and in S FL, people care less about other people anyway, but to go out of your way to show people, is just uncalled for and annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area