Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 06:26 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
That's complete BS. Nobody wants to be stared at, sneered at, or hear ignorant comments. Especially when so many straight people love to say, "I don't care what they do, just don't rub it in our faces."

Until straight people can get over whatever personal issues THEY have due to THEIR insecurity, I fully support gay resorts, etc. where gay couples can be free to hold their partner's hand, put suntan lotion on their partner, and otherwise do whatever else straight people have the privilege to enjoy everywhere else in the world without jeers sneers or stares.
Instead of jumping on me you should have asked for clarification. I had meant it's the straight people being insecure, not the gay people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 07:02 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
originally I posted this (fyi, the youtube was just in the link but when quoting the link it both linked & embedded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
posting for the tune just in case you care to sing along...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWJ5Xj41B8
so first you respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Great song, thanks.
but then you add

Quote:
God hates ****? That's the youtube video you are trying to post about?
so, um, again, as I previously stated and as you already had seemed to say "thanks" for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
posting for the tune
I gotta ask, attention deficit disorder?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:24 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
No, I had never heard of the song nor do I really care. That was my way of replying to you about a song that was intended for me (obviously since you posted it in response to my post), but I dont need to hear it. I could care less, I just didnt want to say that. So ADD? No. But I appreciate the concern.

Why are you still talking about this? I'm not homophobic, I just dont like how some are so "in-your-face" about it. That's really all I said.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
Quote:
I just dont like how some are so "in-your-face" about it.
Some liberals say that it's okay for people to be *****
As long as they don't "flaunt" it, but it seems to me my dear
That we've seen straight folks flaunt their sexuality for years
Sounds suspiciously like homophobia to me

Old 02-08-2010, 02:16 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
Quote:
No, I had never heard of the song nor do I really care. That was my way of replying to you about a song that was intended for me (obviously since you posted it in response to my post), but I dont need to hear it. I could care less, I just didnt want to say that. So ADD? No. But I appreciate the concern.

Why are you still talking about this? I'm not homophobic, I just dont like how some are so "in-your-face" about it. That's really all I said.
I feel you on your posts(in a straight way) - I can't stand public affection like that either, whether it be straight or gay it doesn't matter.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:16 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
I dont even mind the affection that much, it's the acting so gay that it draws attention. It's this "look at me", as if they're begging someone to say something so they can say how proud they are. And then when you add the whole lisp and all stuff that they add on to their speech, it's just strange.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:30 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
I can't stand people slobbering all over each other gay or straight. It's gross and inappropriate.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:30 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,486 times
^ agreed.. I dont wanna see anyone making out or rubbing all over each other.. regardless of sexuality.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:31 PM

328 posts, read 1,396,943 times
Quote:
I dont even mind the affection that much, it's the acting so gay that it draws attention. It's this "look at me", as if they're begging someone to say something so they can say how proud they are. And then when you add the whole lisp and all stuff that they add on to their speech, it's just strange.
As a gay man, I felt a need to response to this.

Gay people, like straight people, come in all shapes, sizes and colors. I happen to like sports, rock music, and cars. Whereas some gay men only care about Lady Gaga, Fashion, and weighing less then 100 pounds.

I think it's strange when people have mullets...do I judge all straight people because of that? No.

So yes, some members of my community are more flamboyant then others. And while that is not personally my type, I have to give them applause for being able to be themselves and put them out there. Growing up in a conservative Catholic environment, it took many years to become comfortable with myself and realize that it's "okay to be gay". I am still closeted at work and to a lot of my family members. I have to give them men credit who put themselves out there.

Some people are stereotypes...and that's okay with me!

Old 02-10-2010, 03:35 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaystraveling25 View Post
.... I have to give them applause for being able to be themselves and put them out there. Growing up in a conservative Catholic environment, it took many years to become comfortable with myself and realize that it's "okay to be gay"....
Anyone who grows up in a conservative Catholic environment will find it difficult to be themselves. (as I reflect on my rebellious teenage years, where I tormented the hell out of my parents..)

I know what youre saying though.. When I lived in FLL, it made me so happy that so many different types of people from all these different cultures and backgrounds were able to live amongst each other without any issues.. if you arent accepting of basically 'anything different' from what is deemed the norm, you won't survive Fort Lauderdale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area