Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
is your dog gay or something?

Sorry to get back to the dog...

Maybe that is where the "Husky" part comes in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post

Why are you still talking about this? I'm not homophobic, I just dont like how some are so "in-your-face" about it. That's really all I said.
Define, "in your face" about it?

Holding hands?

Stealing a kiss on the side of the street?

Hugging?

Wearing a rainbow shirt that says, "gay and proud?"

Old 02-10-2010, 05:43 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
I mean when they go out of their way to act gay. It's like, I'm heterosexual, but I dont go out of my way to act like it. When they go out of their way and act out to gain attention, that's when I think it's annoying. I dont think hugging or holding hands is inappropriate, couldn't care less. But when they are so proud that they crave attention b/c of it, as if they are begging someone to notice, that is annoying.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,333,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I mean when they go out of their way to act gay...that is annoying.
Then it must particularly get up your skirt when children go out of their way to act gay...

How To Find A Masculine Halloween Costume For Your Effeminate Son

Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
I have been around many gay men and transvestites who were gay. I rarely saw them acting in your face in public and if I did it was in a club suited for gay people.

I think that any group outside of the "norm" has a few members who are in your face about their lifestyle. However, these few members should not be considered representatives of the entire group. Even within a group there are major personality differences not to mention upbringing, class, education, and culture.

For example, I am a nursing mother which makes me part of breastfeeding mothers. There are mothers who will pull out their boob and feed their baby in a restaurant. It is legal to nurse in public but I wouldn't do it without considering others. It is just not in my personality to be like this. However, there are mothers who will and comments are made about all nursing mothers and babies about how "disgusting" it is or "unnatural" and TELL us that we need to cover up.

IMO, it is really close minded to tell a whole group that they should not be in your face about their choices. Many of us are not outside looking in.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:25 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Define, "in your face" about it?

Holding hands?

Stealing a kiss on the side of the street?

Hugging?

Wearing a rainbow shirt that says, "gay and proud?"
How about a shirt that says "Catcher" and the other guy wears a shirt thats says "Pitcher?"

Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
How about a shirt that says "Catcher" and the other guy wears a shirt thats says "Pitcher?"
How about women in stilettos

Old 02-11-2010, 11:19 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
How about women in stilettos
Who stab you in the eye
Stiletto Stabbing: Woman Charged With Stabbing Man Through The Eye With Stiletto Heel

Old 02-11-2010, 11:36 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post

Seriously the OP should just go to a regular hotel. There are gay places were women are banned, I think a bicurious dog would be more easily accepted in one of those places. When they see a women in those places some of the gay men start having a fit and complain to the owners/management.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
yikes! (I guess that confirms her a top, huh?)

ps. I was just wondering if anyone ever got stabbed in the eye with a t-shirt. Those gays, they're "so in your face".

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
...I rarely saw them acting in your face...Many of us are not outside looking in.
I like a lot of what you said but I'd argue that while making a baby and public breast feeding can be choices, speaking with a lisp might not be a choice, as a previous poster noted about those who actually are the stereotypes.

To the allegation of "acting in your face", probably there are cases of someone being flamboyant for shock value, but more likely an "act" is just someone's way of making it through the world. I suppose if we were all just able to be our true selves and not put up any fronts at all, we'd be running around butt naked and, unless yer hot, who wants to see that.

Also, though a waste of energy, while a person might be able to butch it up some, in the gay world, at least, that's called str8 acting for a reason. A bad reason, because just as it is not acting gay to be gay, it is not acting str8 to be butch. People do have natural leanings which are evident even when they are very young children. And so just as no one would rightfully say that a young child is acting gay in your face just because they lisp, it is equally wrong to demean people by saying such things to adults.

It would be like complaining about French people speaking English with those phoney "French" accents. Or British people for that matter speaking English oh so affectedly. Isn't it just awful how they throw themselves in your face! How does one make it through the world?

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 02-11-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area