Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 06:18 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,459,965 times

Advertisements

[quote=Tiger Blood;18340106][quote=CarolVa1977;18332028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post

Did you even look at their pictures before making this comment ?

So this Hispanic guy looks White to you ? Because the FBI labeled him as White.
Looks like a kneegrow to me. lol He even reminds me of my two brothers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:33 AM

375 posts, read 1,097,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You'd better be careful saying that in this forum. The "White People Can't be Native American" contingency will show up and berate you, because they know everything about everything.
Ya, I noticed. Seems a bit silly, there are plenty of enrolled members in the western band who look Caucasian to the casual observer. It's not something I've ever been called on in real life. I don't stick out in my tiny mountain town, probably because I'm related to at least 3/4 of the people here, but compared to white society at large I look noticeably "different". And while my ancestors weren't living with the tribe when the final rolls were drawn up they are on several of the earlier rolls/census/treaties so it would be easy enough to provide a paper trail. I do wish the new age crystal fondlers had picked someone else's ancestors to idolize though, it makes taking an interest in your heritage way more of a pain than it should be.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,676,737 times
As a kid growing up in California, the other kids all thought I was Mexican. It did not help that my last name was Spanish. Once older and mingling with adults, more people would ask rather than assume.
Most people would wonder if I was Native American, even the Native Americans themselves. They would ask me from what tribe I was from.
I have both of my great-grandfathers in my fathers side being orphans, served in the military and stationed in the Philipeans. It is said that they where German. They left behind my great-grandmothers (Filipinos) pregnant with my grandmother and grandfather.
My father, he could say he was a mix of anything that included some sort of darker skinned people, and no one would question it. He could have said he was Italian and Eastern Indian, or or or....
Someone once said I look very French...the 'darker' version.
Well, I am a bit of French, but not much. I have a bit of Scot, Irish, English...and a little bit of everything in that general geographic area. The remaining 1/4 is Filipino.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM

817 posts, read 811,673 times
I got mistaken on more than one occasion for being a Mexican, and people came upto me to speak in Spanish, although I am Indian(Asian Indian), one of the hispanic girls who used to work in a chick-fil-a near my house I thought even had the hots for me, little did she know I couldn't even speak a word of Spanish.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:23 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I got mistaken on more than one occasion for being a Mexican, and people came upto me to speak in Spanish, although I am Indian(Asian Indian), one of the hispanic girls who used to work in a chick-fil-a near my house I thought even had the hots for me, little did she know I couldn't even speak a word of Spanish.
I recently convinced two women I'm Japanese, I gave them some bogus Asian race migration theory and they bought it. They still believe I'm from Osaka

They even sent a note last week asking if my relatives were safe. Both are blonde

Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM

950 posts, read 1,516,010 times
OwKaMyst is your father Filipino ? If the answer is yes than I have a hard time believing that he has been confused for being Italian, considering Italians and Filipinos look nothing like each other.

I would never confuse Silvio Berlusconi and Many Pacquiao for example as being racially the same.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:29 AM

I am half Russian Jew and half Italian. I was once confused for being Armenian when I was in Los Angeles. Other than that most people just see a White person when they look at me.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:54 AM

532 posts, read 1,056,221 times
It doesn't come up that much, but let's test it right now. What do I look like, based on my profile pic?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:42 PM

You look either Mexican or Native American.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:51 PM

532 posts, read 1,056,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
You look either Mexican or Native American.
But that begs another question. What is the genetic source of the phenotypic features (brown skin, black hair, dark eyes) associated with "Mexicans"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy