Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 04:41 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,973 times

Advertisements

Good luck with the thrift, choff. Keep plugging away.

Restrain, Kab0, I grew up in Miami, and I never remembered complaining about the heat. Your blood thins out in a few weeks. For me I can acclimate in about three days.

Ebay is hot this week, stuff going out every day. Selling some nice old purses.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:14 PM

128 posts, read 151,442 times
CCc, the dryer is pretty much gone because it's probably 30 years old.

I have been busy and have done very little with the move. I got really frustrated because the realtor hasn't emailed or called me back. Before he was answering quickly. My husband called his school and someone somehow gave us the wrong contact person because this guy doesn't work with the school. Confusing, but I have the right contact info now and emailed the guy. Crossing my fingers we get the property I really like because I'm ready for this to be set in stone.

We are set to move September 1st/2nd. If I survive this I think I can survive anything.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:11 PM

OK, that is pretty much the lifespan of one, I'd say you did well.

MB, you're in the process of making the offer? Is your place sold? (forgive me if you stated this before and I forgot DOH)

Old 08-01-2014, 03:27 PM

We are actually going to be renting when we move. We live with family at the moment since my husband was injured in a work accident last year and we couldn't afford our own place. Unfortunately we are young and broke. Haha.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:31 PM

So were Phil and Kay Robertson (young and broke)..........

I hope he has healed up nicely and good things come to you. Good luck on the new place! <3

Old 08-01-2014, 04:57 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,277,583 times
Believe it or not we are STILL not completely out of the old place yet. We probably have a load or two to come over here and then several loads to the dump.

Met with a realtor today but it was not good news. The market here is terrible-for sellers anyway. It is truly a buyers market. So, we have decided to rent the house out until the market gets better. We really don't WANT to be landlords again - been there, done that and it was not pretty. We can tell you some horror stories-not having rent paid, evictions, tenants trashing the place, etc. etc. We just need to be more careful and really follow up on references.

Cat

Old 08-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Ugh, Cat, mom rented the house she bought for us and they trashed it after one month.

She's moving into it instead of renting. The closing on her place was today.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:50 PM

It makes me sad to hear bad things about being a landlord...I know for one that I would surely respect someone else's property. But I was raised that you treat others how you want to be treated and all that southern hospitality stuff. Haha. I just hope we find a good landlord!

I also know we won't be broke forever. I am finishing up my degree so crossing my fingers that the degree and 10 plus years of work experience will help me get a great job quickly.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:37 AM

151 posts, read 203,810 times
I'm updating my moving binder so I can keep up with things, initially it was full of information on destinations but now that we've pretty much settled that I am adding tabs with forms to help me keep up with moving (timelines, contact information, quotes, etc).

I'm in the sorting/purging/donating/packing things stage, as I go through each area in our home I am getting rid of things we don't need and am packing what we do need but won't be using immediately. Yesterday I packed up board games, books, and some toys (will keep the boxes that we "might" decide we need something out of in the front, never know then the urge to play Monopoly will strike but I think I'm doing OK w/ what we put up). I am not taping up the boxes because we likely won't move until 2015 and I want access just in case we want something out of them. I also realize I may decide to downsize even further so I don't want these boxes finalized yet. Also made a donation run: donated more than 50 books plus some clothing, fabric shower curtain and odds and ends and recycled a ton of magazines.

I'm smack dab in the "house looks worse before it looks better" phase, I packed 17 boxes this week that are now sitting in our entryway that I need to move to our storage room. Still have quite a few to pack but once we get that done we will add more molding to that room and then paint. Still trying to decide on colors...

I feel like I'm kind of all over the place, some of this, some of that, don't want to be scattered but things are getting done.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:45 AM

labella, I feel your pain; my living room looks like the UPS store, boxes everywhere.....

We are also moving 2015. Tons to get rid of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues