Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2023, 03:24 PM

32 posts, read 19,428 times

Advertisements

Everywhere I go there's a creepy vibe these days. The evenings are the worst. It's way too quiet. It's as if nobody is moving around, everything is so still you xan hear a pin drop a mile away. What's up with this? Sometimes I feel like there has been alot of death,more than we are aware. There's way less people I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 04:55 PM

409 posts, read 398,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl4life311 View Post
Everywhere I go there's a creepy vibe these days. The evenings are the worst. It's way too quiet. It's as if nobody is moving around, everything is so still you xan hear a pin drop a mile away. What's up with this? Sometimes I feel like there has been alot of death,more than we are aware. There's way less people I believe.
Agreed, even weekends is normally busy places are much quieter than the past

Old 02-17-2023, 08:21 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
New Orleans, LA. Has an energy like no place I've ever been before. You can feel it in the air. It's a dark energy, but not necessarily all bad. There is a sense of excitement and eclecticism that balances out the negativity a bit.
The word you may be thinking of is "brooding". You have the 400-year-old history, the parties, the masses of friendly crowds, the crazy mixed drinks, and the great food. But the gut-level vibe is more like Central Florida than Miami. That is: homey, down-to-earth, and slightly trashy. A place that caters to Nascar fans, but welcomes New York tourists too. And that's not a bad thing. Not all party towns should be all super-flashy.

Old 02-17-2023, 09:01 PM

325 posts, read 203,705 times
Atlantic City
Fort Stockton, TX (tbh anywhere between SA and El Paso)
New Orleans
Gary, IN
Mineral Wells, TX
Cottonwood, AZ
Downtown Los Angeles
Flagstaff, AZ
Wilkes-Barre, PA area

Last edited by yadigggski; 02-17-2023 at 09:12 PM..

Old 02-18-2023, 08:59 AM

409 posts, read 398,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadigggski View Post
Atlantic City
Fort Stockton, TX (tbh anywhere between SA and El Paso)
New Orleans
Gary, IN
Mineral Wells, TX
Cottonwood, AZ
Downtown Los Angeles
Flagstaff, AZ
Wilkes-Barre, PA area
Cottonwood AZ especially in winter, weird vibes

Old 02-19-2023, 06:52 AM

106 posts, read 60,579 times
Riding a public transportation bus through Camden NJ at 10:00 pm and not able too see a lot out the window at night.

Once I made it to Cherry Hill NJ, I felt better.

Old 05-19-2023, 07:28 PM

1,098 posts, read 900,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl4life311 View Post
Millennials refuse to stay out past 6pm now. Gen Z isn't into the bar scene lol. Much more people working from home...am I onto something?

Old 05-19-2023, 09:14 PM

19 posts, read 18,459 times
Welch, WV, and Syracuse, NY. I spent a few days in Welch and have never felt anything like it. The sheer sense of isolation and... I'm not really sure what. Not just poverty; I've lived in and visited many depressed, poverty-stricken areas. And not just isolation; I've been to the rural West and didn't feel that way. It was some special mix of heavy isolation, literal shadow from the mountains (it's in a deep and jagged valley), and despair.

Syracuse because I went for a job interview there and toured the city to see what I thought. What an odd vibe. It felt flat in a way that other upstate NY cities don't feel to me. I rejected the job because I couldn't imagine feeling settled there.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:44 PM

28 posts, read 16,094 times
I agree with Utica, NY

Old 05-20-2023, 04:42 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
Charlottesville VA. Thomas Jefferson is treated as a deity - its really kind of creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.