Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2015, 11:00 PM

707 posts, read 750,610 times

Advertisements

It looks more like Nome, Alaska than Albuquerque right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 11:24 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Well, back in November I told a friend I wanted wind and rain this year. She'd like to kill me right about now, 'cause wind and rain is all we got.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:13 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Pittsburgh may break it's all time December high this weekend. It's supposed to hit 67 tomorrow and 70 sunday...
The all-time record high temperature in Pittsburgh for December is 74°F, set on December 3, 1982. If the high temperature only reaches 70°F in Pittsburgh this weekend, it won't even be the warmest temperature in December this decade. The high temperature reached 72°F on December 22, 2013.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of mild Decembers in the eastern U.S. This makes five in a row. The last actually cold December in the eastern U.S. was December 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yn0hTnA View Post
People in the North now are seeing the real climate of the US. Yes, this "unseasonably" warm weather is the true climate of the Eastern US; this is what you have when the jet-stream is undertaking a proper, zonal flow, without any wild dips in the East that bring out the unnatural arctic cold.
Uh, no. This is how the jet stream is positioned over the U.S. today, December 13, 2015:

It's not zonal in the least. It's highly amplified, with a deep trough over the West, and and strong ridge over the East.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:05 PM

591 posts, read 782,263 times
Feels nothing like winter here, up to 60 degrees... people are running up and down the lakefront shirtless in mid december, wow.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:21 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,628,852 times
It snowed last night and into this morning here in Albuquerque. I got about 4-5 inches at my place. It started out with a freezing rain yesterday morning.

In fact, that was all that was forecast for Albuquerque out of this system, was rain. It had been too warm lately in Albuquerque for snow, or so everybody thought. Highs reached into the low sixties on some days last week, the lows were in the mid to low thirties. The normal temps for this time of year in Albuquerque are highs in the mid to high forties and lows in the mid to low twenties. Today was, and tonight is going to be, exactly in those normal ranges for this time of year. It's supposed to snow again a little tomorrow night and this next system will usher in colder air to keep us below normal, with thirties for highs and the teens for lows the next few days.

I love this sort of weather, it puts me in a good mood and makes me highly anticipatory for Christmas. I put up my lights on Friday morning and my tree on Friday night. I had tamales to eat this weekend as well. I was so thankful it ended up snowing after all. Last night and this morning were just magical to me. It's such a cozy feeling. I watched Christmas and winter-themed movies all weekend. I'm thankful for another year and another pleasant Holiday Season and more wonderful winter/late fall memories to add to all the others over the years that have made me love this kind of weather and time of year so much.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:05 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
It snowed all day yesterday. Had about 3 inches. It's melted off the roads. Still hugging tightly to the grass.

I expect it to be gone tomorrow.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:15 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,583 times
My first winter living in southern Florida, so far it's been around 80 every day.
Lows around 65.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:23 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,092,704 times
Pouring rain again today here in the Twin Cities. Utterly bizarre weather for December!

Old 12-14-2015, 09:09 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
So warm here in Chicago. Was in the 60''s yesterday, 50's the next few days.

Supposed to have highs in the upper 30's for a few days later this week, but then the extended forecast is back to mid 40's to 50's to end December.

Other than two days forecast for later this week, it seems we aren't set to get ANY days with lows below freezing this entire month. If it hadn't been for two cold days about 3 weeks ago all my summer flowers would still be alive in Chicago.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Oh my gosh, the rain, the rain. It rained hard all weekend long here. BLECH. We've also had tornadoes, thunderstorms, high winds, etc. It feels like a Texas spring here instead of winter!

Hang onto your hats, folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.