Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:02 PM

591 posts, read 781,418 times

Advertisements

Winter is just about to begin here in Chicago, with our first snow being a winter storm warning with an estimated 8-10 inches in the north suburbs, and 4-6 inches in the south suburbs. I will sadly miss this storm (i love winter) because im visiting family in Indiana, but hopefully i will come home to cozy cold winter Chicago (my favourite chicago) soooo...

Winter predictions for your area this season?
has winter "started" for you yet?
Temp? snow?

Stay warm this winter!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 04:45 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
It came late this year.

We got our first snow about two weeks ago, about 3"-4". Hasn't really been that cold yet, until tonight.

We had a pretty big system come through early this week. Hit the south and east side of the metro really hard, but we only got about 2-3" on my side of town, and it melted quickly. I was down south yesterday, and it still looked like it had snowed a foot the day before.

We just had some flurries. Supposed to get down into the low teens tonight.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:58 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Really? You want me to talk about that thing? Are you serious?

Ough...

Lets just say that me and winter don't really look eye to eye, ok? We have our ups and downs, mostly downs, major downs, almost depression type of downs...

I'm seriously contemplating leaving winter... I don't want to be one of those that leave without notice and dissappears forever, but winter isn't really understanding me. Ough, we have our problems...

Now I'm going to look at pictures of beaches in the Caribbean; you know, to lift my spirit.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:15 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,766,508 times
It hasn't even started yet, unless you're talking about the 2014-2015 winter.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:16 PM

17,780 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Oklahoma has been really mild and nice for the most part. Tomorrow is the first day (maybe second) that the high will not reach 50. Grass is still green and some of the trees are still green. About two weeks later than usual.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:38 PM

448 posts, read 591,583 times
Here in the San Antonio area it's been really nice, I mowed my lawn yesterday and it was perfect. I've used the heater twice already though but the days are nice. Usually in the 70's. Nights are nice and a short sleeve shirt is enough. I hope it snows though this year. I've been here 5 years and only seen a dusting twice.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:42 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,626,089 times
It just snowed here in Albuquerque earlier this week. Before that, we also had been having summer-like weather linger into fall like Denver. In early October it was near eighty degrees on some days. It finally started getting more seasonable around here in late October. For the next few days we are having a cold snap with lower than normal high temps in the high 40s. We should be in the 50s for highs this time of year.

They've been saying most of this week that it may snow again around Thanksgiving, but now they are saying that the system may track further north of us here in Albuquerque and won't produce snow in town.

They are still predicting it to be cold and perhaps cloudy on Thanksgiving, which is enough for me on that day. I hate whenever Thanksgiving is fairly warm, in the 60 degree range. Snow or freezing rain is a plus, but I see them as being more essential to Christmas than Thanksgiving to get into the spirit and mood of the holiday.

Most Thanksgivings I remember as a kid in Albuquerque were very cold but with clear skies, so that is how I think Thanksgiving should be. I love snow and rain, so if it was that way on Thanksgiving it was always just a bonus.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:49 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
South Texas. I haven't closed any of my windows yet.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:32 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
It's too warm, although I live fairly far south. I just turned on my heat yesterday for the first time and only a few nights below freezing so far.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:28 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,390 times
Naples, FL still feels like Summer. Hot, humid, etc. They are saying this is a record breaking year for heat in November down here but it always feels this way to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.