Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:20 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,766,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFries View Post
It hasn't even started yet, unless you're talking about the 2014-2015 winter.
I noticed the thread's title got changed after I made this post.

As for the weather in my area. I've only seen a single flurry so far. I'm not one of the Snowbelt Ohioans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 08:23 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,916,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny9manny View Post
Here in the Seattle area it has been cool, with over 4 days(or i should say nights) of freezing temperatures. Seattle on average receives around 25 nights that are freezing per year. Temps have not been reaching over 50; Seattle already feels like January. Which is not that bad considering we and Portland are the only major american cities over the 45th parallel.
That always amazes me as well. They are north of Minneapolis, Chicago, and the NE cities, but have much milder winters. The ocean plays a huge part, no doubt.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:41 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...0-imag1359.jpg

Denver again.

Should look different Thursday and Friday.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:26 AM

593 posts, read 667,463 times
Here in Jacksonville, Florida it has been very hot for November. Yesterday was the first day in the 50s and the first time turning my heat on since March. The 10 day shows all mid 70s from here on out so there's really nothing i can complain about. I am predicting a warm winter with minimal cool days. Due to el nino they say we should have a stormy winter with lots of rain.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:48 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,300,659 times
It's been really, really warm this November. In NYC/JC we haven't had frost yet, I haven't turned on the heat yet, and I'm still sleeping with the windows open. The honey locust trees outside my office window are still green, though most trees around here have already turned.

This morning was the coolest so far this season (low temp was 35, but no frost). Highs will reach 50 today, but will be in the mid 60s Thanksgiving weekend. At this rate we might not get any snow before New Year.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
It's been really, really warm this November. In NYC/JC we haven't had frost yet, I haven't turned on the heat yet, and I'm still sleeping with the windows open. The honey locust trees outside my office window are still green, though most trees around here have already turned.

This morning was the coolest so far this season (low temp was 35, but no frost). Highs will reach 50 today, but will be in the mid 60s Thanksgiving weekend. At this rate we might not get any snow before New Year.
Wow, it's amazing to me that it's already been colder in east Texas than it has gotten in NY! It's been below freezing for two or three nights here already.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:48 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,916,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post

Wow, NYC hasn't had a frost?! I'm shocked. It was 19 degrees in Pittsburgh yesterday morning, but that was our first teen reading this fall. We've had maybe 7 to 8 frosts, which is still low.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:15 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,961,083 times
Warming up nicely in Phoenix today, might hit 80 degrees. A cool down is expected Thursday, high of only 64.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:22 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,300,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow, it's amazing to me that it's already been colder in east Texas than it has gotten in NY! It's been below freezing for two or three nights here already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Wow, NYC hasn't had a frost?! I'm shocked. It was 19 degrees in Pittsburgh yesterday morning, but that was our first teen reading this fall. We've had maybe 7 to 8 frosts, which is still low.
You don't have to go far inland to find places that have had a couple or few freezes already but the combination of proximity to the ocean and "urban heat island" has kept nights quite a bit milder in the city. It was in the mid 20s about 20 miles outside the city this morning and in the upper teens in some of the farther out places in the Hudson Valley. For certain this was the coldest morning so far throughout the region.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:45 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Baltimore suburb had sleet for approximately 6 seconds Sunday. No exaggeration at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.