Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 10:22 PM

57 posts, read 44,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_hotline View Post
Hey OP, to lift your spirits, I found a slightly more intensive map that looks accounts for 'single' status as well.

The New, Interactive Singles Map.

Enjoy

This is awesome and horrible haha. Thanks for the link. I wish I had this two years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Totally disagree back at you. I admitted I was older. You use that keen observation as part of your dating routine? I live in one of those big blue dots. Dating was never a problem. Ever. At a significantly lower income level too. If you need that level of detail for successful dating, then you haven't really figured it out.

I'm thinking the Jersey shore is well suited to you.
Jersey shore is too competitive. You should read Zero to One by Peter Thiel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 10:44 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,977,549 times
I don't recommend this city to everyone because most people aren't discerning enough to appreciate it, but since you seem so secure in your mission and wise beyond your years, I urge you to look into Pine Bluff, Arkansas, one of the great cities of the American South.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:53 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partypartyparty View Post
CITY = UNMATCHED MEN / MORE SINGLE MEN * 100%

NY = 36 / 98658 * 100 = 0.036%
CHI = 46 / 61335 * 100 = 0.074%
SD = 123 / 60766 * 100 = 0.20%

San Diego has 20% more SINGLE MEN than WOMEN. This is NUTS!!!
No wonder women are so stuck up, they have so many more options! (O fensive, but true )

Was the rest of your OP just pretext? It seems like you honed in completely now on where it is the easiest to pick up women.

You're 24 years old, into fitness and make ~140k a year. It should not be that hard for you to attract all type of women. Rather it is for a hookup or something more sincere in virtually any big city in the country.

Seriously dude. What is all this obsessions with these stats?

Last edited by MustermannBB; 12-05-2018 at 11:11 PM..

Old 12-05-2018, 11:35 PM

57 posts, read 44,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Was the rest of your OP just pretext? It seems like you honed in completely now on where it is the easiest to pick up women.

You're 24 years old, into fitness and make ~140k a year. It should not be that hard for you to attract all type of women. Rather it is for a hookup or something more sincere in virtually any big city in the country.

Seriously dude. What is all this obsessions with these stats?
Spending a couple minutes to make an informed decision isn't obsessing. I'm building a skyscraper, not digging a ditch.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:02 AM

481 posts, read 422,982 times
So, have you considered New Orleans?

Old 12-06-2018, 12:49 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Look at a population map of ages between 21-34. Men vastly out number women. It's significantly harder for men to date in 99% of the US. Every little detail counts.

I totally disagree with you. Demographics are a significant contributor of the dating / number game. I feel that you are much older than me, dating is a struggle for 99% of men and was for me until I figured it out. At the moment, I have no interest in committing to a single girl and no interest in competing with a chick texting 10 other guys.

And yes, I did ask this 6mo ago because I do my research.
I’m not quite sure you have figured it out. If you have M/F ratios and asking for advice on CD forums would be the last thing on your mind. The fact you say dating is a struggle is for 99% of men says a lot too, lol.

If you have confidence and personality, and most importantly you’re not a creeper, dating/meeting the opposite sex is very easy regardless of where you live.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:58 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Yes, but isn't that a big one?

After all you stated:

- Maximizing my remote salary (e.g. No taxes, low COL)

That will not be the case in NYC. Your 140K salary will be much less impressive there. But if that no longer is an issue, and of course can make NYC more that work with that salary, then NYC it is.

After all NYC is top dog in the US and among the top cities on the planet. If it is in contention then frankly I'm not sure why you would even consider other locations.

A young single guy making 140k will do great in NYC. In fact, OP I fully encourage you try NYC out. Living here is such a unique experience, and there's a lot of beautiful women. Very diverse too (which for me at least is important when it comes to women, I don't want to only be restricted to white chicks.)

Old 12-06-2018, 10:39 AM

10,066 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
I am:
- 24 year
- Salary >140k on SF tech salary
- Remote employee / running a biz
- Single and like dating

I value the following:
- Dating scene (very important)
- Fitness (very important)
- Events
- Beach (People are just happier, fit, chill when they live near a beach)
- Public transportation (I like walking since I work from home)
- Tech (no so important as I hate techies but I am one)
- Friendly people (After seeing the Seattle Freeze - Seattle was a big NOPE)
- Food (The food in Chiang Mia was soooo good and cheap)

I'm considering the following cities:

- Chicago River North - #1 on my list. I keep looking at condos in River North over looking the river. Probably the BEST city for dating outside NYC. Cold as **** and no beach. I see <300k condos that overlook the river and I predict the property would rise year over year.

- Fort Lauderdale Beach Front or Miami - FtLaud has low COL, FL has no state income. The dating scene does looks bad. I would likely get a beach front condo. And I would have to drive which I'm not a fan.

- Las Vegas Strip - Possibly good dating scene? Cheap COL, 70$ flights anywhere. Infinite entertainment. Hyped. Sketchy outside the strip.

- NYC - Expensive, but I could afford it. Seems like a more expensive version of Chicago that isn't worth the extras.

- LA - Expensive. I don't know much here.

- San Diego - I keep hearing good things about SD. (But that 13% Cali tax)

If there's a city I'm missing, please recommend let me know.

I am open to moving outside the US too. Possibly Chiang Mia, Phuket, Barcelona, Paris.

- Dating scene (very important)
- Fitness (very important)
- Events
- Beach (People are just happier, fit, chill when they live near a beach)
- Public transportation (I like walking since I work from home)
- Tech (no so important as I hate techies but I am one)
- Friendly people (After seeing the Seattle Freeze - Seattle was a big NOPE)
- Food (The food in Chiang Mia was soooo good and cheap)

Midtown Atlanta, Miami, or Nashville could be good spots.

Atlanta has everything but the beach, and you could live in midtown and not need a car. You could fly anywhere fast with the busiest world's airport there.

Miami has everything you want. Unless you aren't a Florida fan-no state income taxes either.

Check out Nashville. Red hot investment city currently, good flights out to many locations, no state income tax, a thriving singles/events/dating scene and lots of good looking people (lol, what I hear and what I've observed after many trips there!)

Old 12-06-2018, 01:16 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
Quote:
Fitness is #1 for sure.

As for your list, I'd never do Seattle or Portland. I gave Seattle a chance because of tech and it was a nightmare.

SD seems awesome, but I don't want to die single.

Denver is def could be good. I'm not sure about Boston or DC.
Take Denver off your list. Its 50% male, has no beach, and while it's an extremely fit and young city with a growing percentage of residents in your age bracket, it may be too aloof overall and the women too judgmental for your tastes. Exercise in Denver consists of strenuous outdoor activities, like hiking up and down 14,000 mountains in a single afternoon or cross country skiing out in the snow and cold for hours. And you had better be good at either one to get more than a casual conversation from any number of women.

Quote:
Jersey shore is too competitive. You should read Zero to One by Peter Thiel
No thanks, prefer Guide to the American Status System by Paul Fussell

Old 12-06-2018, 02:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Portland, Seattle, Austin, Denver, or San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.