Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:40 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times

Advertisements

If you are speaking of cities themselves, which the natural backdrop is a part of, but must be measured in connection with the archeticture, etc.- I'd say:
SF (great victorian buildings, and natural location)
NYC (art deco, water surrounding it, central park)
Boston (just a very attractive city and setting)
D.C.- the huge buildings, the architecture, the "mall"

Those are my top picks. SLC and Denver are in incredible locations, but the cities themselves add nothing to the locations and are not very interesting IMO. Seattle is a near miss- not b/c the location isn't stunning, but it isn't the most stunning architecture I've seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 05:41 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
The only rule is that it can't be YOUR town!
Exactly. I live in Houston.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 PM

139 posts, read 451,118 times
Charlottesville, VA - idyllic college town in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains - spectacular scenery, beautiful downtown, amazing architecture, and tons of history

Old 10-22-2008, 08:38 PM

100 posts, read 149,945 times
  1. Chicago - is pretty nice love the beautiful architecture and brilliant skyline
  2. San Francisco - come on it's San Fran what's not beautiful about the Golden Gate and SF skyline
  3. Seattle - a city I dream of living in just beautiful all around
  4. New York City - New York's skyline is breath taking especially if you seen it in 2008; it's skyline has changed immensely
  5. Los Angeles - in it's own way is beautiful; most of you won't agree with me because you might view L.A. in another way

Last edited by OneMetropolis; 10-22-2008 at 08:46 PM..

Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
I say Honolulu is one of the most beautiful city in the country.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,767,890 times
I truly feel Baltimore is one of our most under appreciated beautiful cities. And Its not just the inner harbor or the thousands of rowhomes that are beutiful, some of the mansions and neighborhoods within the city are amazing, but poeple usually just see places like Edmondson Village or a few eastern sections of baltimore...That being said, my list would now go

1. New York, by a landslide
2. San Francisco, the feeling i get there is breathtaking
3. Boston, very high quality to it
4. Charleston, just look at it, so pretty
5. Philly, because its Philly, common, its gorgeous

(haha you guys thought id say baltimore didn't you! hehe, Would be witin my top ten though)

Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 AM

3 posts, read 12,820 times
I respect those top 5, Mine are...

1. NYC ...no brainer
2. Philadelphia Day or night....beautiful!
3. Miami ... Just fantastic!!!
4. Boston...No class but nice
5. San Fran...Just Look at it...You'd have to be gay to think otherwise...LOL!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Pittsburgh! I can't understand why everyone hates it!?
Pittsburgh is the most beautiful city in the U.S. People who don't agree have never been and hate it because of the Steelers. Oh, and I'm from Pittsburgh so it has to be the best.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,582,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I say Honolulu is one of the most beautiful city in the country.
I agree.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:09 PM

419 posts, read 448,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghmack View Post
Pittsburgh is the most beautiful city in the U.S. People who don't agree have never been and hate it because of the Steelers. Oh, and I'm from Pittsburgh so it has to be the best.
I think Pittsburgh is stunning from many view points, and wish many more people around the country knew how scenic it is looking down from Mt. Washington on a summer day. But the most beautiful city in the country? Everybody is allowed their opinion though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.