Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,397 times

Advertisements

I mean, L.A. has a bad perception as very dirty and ugly, but I found I liked it. You just have to know to avoid the dirty parts and go to the nice beaches.

I also found Chicago's perception as flat/boring geography and high crime to be overblown - you don't really notice how flat it is when you're there. And just stay out of the south side lol.

Most cities' reps are based on overgeneralizing based on one flaw.

Weather in Houston is perfect from about this time until March. Clear days, pleasantly warm to mild, cools off at night. I'll take the hot summers over northern winters ANY day.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:51 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
Have you ever been to Houston? It's downtown is filled with parking lots! not parking garages but ugly flat black parking lots! Houston is like one giant suburb (only in the sense that it revolves around the automobile opposed to public transit). It even has electrical wires above ground to further the ugliness. It has mass potential though...

Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Have you ever been to Houston? It's downtown is filled with parking lots! not parking garages but ugly flat black parking lots! Houston is like one giant suburb (only in the sense that it revolves around the automobile opposed to public transit). It even has electrical wires above ground to further the ugliness. It has mass potential though...
I knew this thread would lead to to people posting stuff like this

Old 11-17-2008, 02:54 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I knew this thread would lead to to people posting stuff like this
I love the eatery and things of that nature in Houston. But do you think Houston has a lot of parking lots? because if i am wrong i will delete my post ASAP! besides, i said it has MASS potential. it's a great city. probably the fastest riser right now in all of America.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I love the eatery and things of that nature in Houston. But do you think Houston has a lot of parking lots? because if i am wrong i will delete my post ASAP! besides, i said it has MASS potential. it's a great city. probably the fastest riser right now in all of America.
I agree with you. I'm just saying that yours will probably be the first of several negative (although true) comments about Houston. The person that started this thread may not have realized that he or she started a thread that is sure to bring out as much negative stuff about Houston as possible.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:52 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
I've never been but of the two people I know who have.

-One went for a business meeting. After flying into town his group went to a restaurant and when they came out their car windows were smashed and all their luggage was gone.
On the upside, they got to wear jeans to the meeting the next day.

-The second told me that Houston was one giant strip mall.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I've never been but of the two people I know who have.

-One went for a business meeting. After flying into town his group went to a restaurant and when they came out their car windows were smashed and all their luggage was gone.
On the upside, they got to wear jeans to the meeting the next day.

-The second told me that Houston was one giant strip mall.
and of course this only happens in Houston.....

how about we rename this thread to "let's bash Houston"

Old 11-17-2008, 04:27 PM

505 posts, read 1,386,769 times
I am jealous of those trains. They look SO new and clean compared to the ones in Boston.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Yes Because Atlanta has little to no parking lots....

Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,767,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanityRules View Post
Houston is great don't know why everyone hates it.
It's skyline is like massive and it has one the most largest medical centers in the world.

Houston

Its skyline is massive, but look at all of the parking lots. I liked Houston, but its downtown left me wanting more. Net time im there ill have to check other parts of the city out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.