Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 01:50 PM
46H

1,652 posts, read 1,400,133 times

Advertisements

It is hard to even consider the Feds point of view as long as they continue to classify MJ as a Schedule 1 drug - the same as heroin and LSD. The Schedule 1 classification makes it almost impossible to do any research on MJ in the US . What a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 02:00 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,322 times
Is GMO harmless?

The natural CBD contents in pot has been proven to be beneficial and heals the body. Children suffering from seizures have shown huge improvements when taking cbd oil.

The threat of pot is not from people using it in any form. It's the medicinal use of pot and the industrial use of hemp that threatens the paper, cotton, and big pharma. Companies that profit from cancer also hate pot. CBD is proven to kill cancer cells. Unlike radiation thàt kills both.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:12 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Cannabis is an expectorant, so lungs can be cleared by coughing while smoking. With tobacco, the lung cleaning muscles (cilia) are paralyzed while smoking, from the poison nicotine, so the stuff sticks to the lungs until not having smoked for some time (like morning), when much coughing may bring up some to spit out. Also, almost all tobacco is grown with toxic treatments, but almost all cannabis is organic.

8 things in cannabis are shown to fight cancer, so it can't cause cancer, but smoking it only reduces the chances of being diagnosed with cancer by 10%-25% (2006 Donald Tashkin UCLA marijuana study). That is because most oil gets burned up before inhaled & it is the oil that can cure many kinds of stage 4 cancers and some other fatal illnesses. New research says it might even cure Ebola.

Funny I've read about 15,000-20,000 pages about cannabis & don't recall pics of a cannabis users lungs looking bad. If they do. it's most likely because they may be current or former tobacco smokers. Many have quit tobacco &/or quit or reduced alcohol use by switching to cannabis. Those who do both may add years or even decades to their lives, with far fewer health problems. About 45 or so years ago, Willie Nelson was smoking a few packs of cigarettes a day & getting drunk frequently. But in early '70s made the switch. Now he's healthy at 82 & working about 5 jobs!

Smoking 1 joint a day can't be equal be equivalent to smoking 20 cigarettes, because there are no verifiable deaths as a direct result of cannabis use. The 1st studying saying cannabis fights cancer was 1974 in Virginia. Now many dozens of studies verify this. Rick Simpson of Canada used cannabis oil to cure nearly 5,000 people of various kinds of cancer & other fatal illnesses. Just look up Rick Simpson. 1 gram a day for 90 days for most. Cannabis oil applied topically can make skin cancer vanish in 4 days. Run From The Cure video. Best wishes!
Oh ok, so applying canabis oil helps a person. I will buy that as many products have amazing uses. Those people were not smoking it though. Sorry not the same.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:18 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
I hear all the time that its not bad for you and you cant get any diseases or anything. But i want to hear any negative input on the subject. Or positive
To date, there is not enough compelling evidence as there is with cigarettes and nicotine to prove that marijuana is harmful or not.

Anything ingested into the system has risks associated with it, anything. But where I feel the arguments of the dangers of marijuana fall short is when I hear it being a gateway drug. I personally, and with so many people I have known to smoke, to find this largely untrue. People had addictive tendencies, and I don't believe marijuana on its own is a cause for those who smoke and decide to go onto harder drugs.

..and to add, show me countless studies that tie marijuana to cancer and death - I know of none, if any truly exist and have merit.

Last edited by metalmancpa; 06-28-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 06:24 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Inhaling any smoke is not good for the respiratory system - regardless of if it is burning wood, paper, cigarettes, marijuana, forest fire, vehicle emissions, etc.

Smoke is smoke.

That said, going to a barbecue now and then probably won't kill you.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:53 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Inhaling any smoke is not good for the respiratory system - regardless of if it is burning wood, paper, cigarettes, marijuana, forest fire, vehicle emissions, etc.

Smoke is smoke.
This!!

Old 06-30-2015, 10:27 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
This!!
Smoking is not the only way to ingest though. Personally I use a vaporizer.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:09 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,997 times
Not all smoke is the same, there is nothing toxic in cannabis that is grown organically. There are people who have smoked it daily since they were teens in the '60s & they still report good health. Cannabis does not cause death, that may be why it is illegal. Remember 94% of the studies had to be approved by the pill companies, since 1976. They only approved researchers that would say bad things about cannabis to get the $500,000 of taxpayers money. Pills kill 265,000 Americans a year, cannabis 0. Alcohol kills almost 100,000 year, tobacco 300,000+ but legal. Cannabis 0 deaths but illegal. Why?

Smoking cannabis is good for treating all mental health issues & physical pain. Preventing suicide is a very good reason to use it. Police terrorists should stop arresting people for using it & stop bribing guvs to veto any degree of cannabis legalization. The other kinds of smoke don't treat mental health issues or physical pain. Cannabis smoke does not cause death or major disability, but cannabis oil is better as it often cures cancer & some other fatal illnesses. Police who block cannabis legalization prevent access to life-saving cannabis oil, but street dealers always have some strain for smoking, at a high price.

Tobacco contains the poison nicotine, that paralyzes the lung cleaning muscles (cilia). Cannabis does not contain nicotine, so any phlegm can be coughed up before it builds up, or it comes up w/out cough.

I've read about 15,000-20,000 pages about cannabis. I didn't get a cent to read it, and I don't charge a cent to tell what I know. Often, "researchers" don't even know what the average person knows, and most don't read much about it. But 96% in the Internet polls say legalize it for all adults, & medical for kids with any condition it is known to help.

Legalization of life-saving cannabis is the #1 issue, as what could be more important than whether you are dead or alive, well or too sick to participate in life? I must rate cannabis as 99% good, as it has been such a big help to so many.

The more people know about it, the more they are likely to favor legalization. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post

Smoke is smoke.

That said, going to a barbecue now and then probably won't kill you.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:23 PM

There's maybe 100 studies that show it does not cause cancer medicalmarijuanadoctors dot org has maybe 22,000 studies about benefits, safety & alleged harms, arranged alphabetically by condition. 94% of studies got funded only because they agreed to say something negative (lies). There is an internet article called "marijuana, the anti-drug" telling how people have used it to get off tobacco, alcohol & other potentially lethal drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
To date, there is not enough compelling evidence as there is with cigarettes and nicotine to prove that marijuana is harmful or not.

Anything ingested into the system has risks associated with it, anything. But where I feel the arguments of the dangers of marijuana fall short is when I hear it being a gateway drug. I personally, and with so many people I have known to smoke, to find this largely untrue. People had addictive tendencies, and I don't believe marijuana on its own is a cause for those who smoke and decide to go onto harder drugs.

..and to add, show me countless studies that tie marijuana to cancer and death - I know of none, if any truly exist and have merit.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:37 PM

Schedule 1 was not even medical opinion, let alone fact. Some police officers went to J. Edgar Hoover (FBI) & complained about war protesters. The police asked Hoover what can be done about the protesters & Hoover suggested if you can't arrest them for peaceful protest, maybe you could arrest them for "marijuana". So crazy man Nixon said we're really going to get those marijuana smokers, & signed Controlled Substances Act of 1970. In book Smoke & Mirrors, Nixon aide admits they wanted to arrest blacks, young & poor, so common pleasure was made illegal. Nixon felt far superior as an alcoholic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
It is hard to even consider the Feds point of view as long as they continue to classify MJ as a Schedule 1 drug - the same as heroin and LSD. The Schedule 1 classification makes it almost impossible to do any research on MJ in the US . What a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates