Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 04:25 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,829 times

Advertisements

People who use cannabis do not develop cravings for drugs previously unused by them, according to just about anyone who studies this plant. Maybe 1%-2% of cannabis users are into heroin, to some degree, and the cannabis did not tell them to use the heroin. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The fact that almost all heroine users have used pot in the past validates my statement. It doesn't take away the fact that there are still many people that use pot recreationally and have not tried heroine. Heroine is the next level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 05:06 AM

According to pioneer cannabis researcher Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, who has been researching this plant since 1967, rates of schizophrenia were about 1% in 1965 & today, despite the use of cannabis having gone up dramatically in 50 years. So why didn't we see a tenfold increase in schizophrenia?

As for his memory & intelligence, it is like he has to be a genius or next thing to it. He must have a photographic memory or at least an exceptional memory. He is around 85 years old & used cannabis for decades. He was against it & believed govt lies. But his young son Danny got leukemia. No appetite. A friend of his mother suggested trying cannabis, so Danny smoked some. Then he requested food. His dad the doctor said he wanted his son to do it as he watched. Amazed, that got Dr Grinspoon into serious research. Danny being able to eat gave him 1 1/2 years.

He still needed some persuasion from his friend Carl Sagan to join him. Dr Grinspoon is associate professor of psychiatry emeritus, Harvard Medical School. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
No it's not. Repeated studies have linked long term weed use with psychosis and memory problems, even among people who didn't have these things prior to smoking pot. You didn't believe your dealer who told you it's totally harmless did you?

Old 06-12-2015, 05:41 AM

The pill companies have payed Presidents & most Democrats & most Republicans in Congress billions to keep cannabis illegal. Pill companies take in $2 trillion a year just from Americans alone & kill 200,000
Americans a year. Proven my MJ legalization lawyer who did FOIA request. But cannabis is too dangerous, because it doesn't kill, & it threatens profits of many.

Cannabis does not lead to mental illness, but Big Pharmas pills can make it much worse. The pill companies have even admitted this! Psychiatric pills have been designed according to theories for over a half a century, rather than something proven. Cannabis was listed as a good treatment for mental health issues in the US Dispensatory of 1851. That's in the book Licit & Illicit Drugs, published in early '70s by Consumers Union, the Consumer Reports people. Was used as textbook for pharmacy students.

Quote:
http://www.uniad.org.br/desenvolvime..._psychosis.pdf

There's one saying cannabis use is associated with a two-fold risk of mental illness later in life though it does say due to poly-drug abuse the results may be a little skewed. It's not Amerocan though. There's some speculation it's a gateway drug though so that information might not be so irrelevant after all. As for companies fighting it that's comical. Pfizer doesn't care about alcohol companies why would they care about pot. In fact, if it leads to mental illness then Pharma companies might even support legalization.

In all your 44 years of toking up did you ever stop for a year and compare how you feel? I've had friends tell me they quit for good and felt so much less depressed and less foggy headed after about 6 months of complete sobriety. Many of these people are very successful these days personally and professionally, probably more so than if they continued.

I'll agree that the war on drugs is asinine and does nothing to curb usage and personally believe in total drug legalization (with strict limits of course). It's never been proven that legalization over the long term increases usage rates (usually there's a short spike in usage after legalization then then a decline). Also legalization would allow better harm reduction and much of the tax revenue could be used for drug rehabilitation. Portugal did this with decriminalization with modest success.

It still doesn't mean pot is harmless though. And denying the medical facts and legions of burned out hippies as evidence only leads to self harm

Old 06-12-2015, 05:51 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,424,525 times
Its better than cocaine cigarettes!

Old 06-12-2015, 05:52 AM

It rarely if ever causes depression. It just doesn't work for a few with depression. But for those who say they use it for medical purposes, 26% say they use it to control depression (suicide protection).

Old 06-12-2015, 08:53 AM

557 posts, read 810,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post

You read this but somehow completely missed it?

I already posted proof that those prices are very accurate and why someone would smoke that much weed.
You could smoke a bowl every hour on the hour from 6am to 10pm, and MAYBE get through an 1/8. Don't be ridiculous. $500? Nope.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:54 AM

557 posts, read 810,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

This is 2 ounces... There is not enough time in a day to smoke 1 of these, let alone 2!

Obviously you have never smoked marijuana before. I know a chronic user who is retired and smokes all day. He wakes up at 6am and smokes continuously throughout the day. He's been doing this for over 20 years. GUESS WHAT? He barely finishes 1/8th of an ounce (around $40 worth).

Marijuana is not like other drugs in that you have to smoke more and more to get high. There is an receptor specific to canabinoids unlike heroin or cocaine which steals or block receptors.

So yes... I read the post, even the bold part and you are way off.
Hahahaha! I swear to god that I hadn't read your post yet before making the almost exact same comment!!!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:27 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,801 times
People who are intolerant of other peoples choices give the drug a stigma, and cause people to hide or lie about the fact that they use the drug.

I am one for knowing the truth, and I have met many people that use the drug like alcohol. I am about people choosing for themselves, I am not for having some anointed person elected by an esoteric church lobbying group choose for me or anyone else for that matter. And giving someone reasons to not use is far better than criminalizing it.

Marijuana is very inexpensive to grow. Its the cheapest drug.. it really is.......

For a little comedy, take a look at the youtube video!

Walk Hard - Marijuana Warning (HQ)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npWDyxB7d8

Old 06-12-2015, 09:31 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
People who use cannabis do not develop cravings for drugs previously unused by them, according to just about anyone who studies this plant. Maybe 1%-2% of cannabis users are into heroin, to some degree, and the cannabis did not tell them to use the heroin. Best wishes.
Cannabis is tried and true......its funny people think it still needs field studies. Just look around, the amount of cannabis consumption is not small by any means. Look at how much is confiscated every year, and think about how much is not confiscated.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:49 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,474 times
Quote:
http://www.uniad.org.br/desenvolvime..._psychosis.pdf

There's one saying cannabis use is associated with a two-fold risk of mental illness later in life though it does say due to poly-drug abuse the results may be a little skewed. It's not Amerocan though. There's some speculation it's a gateway drug though so that information might not be so irrelevant after all. As for companies fighting it that's comical. Pfizer doesn't care about alcohol companies why would they care about pot. In fact, if it leads to mental illness then Pharma companies might even support legalization.

In all your 44 years of toking up did you ever stop for a year and compare how you feel? I've had friends tell me they quit for good and felt so much less depressed and less foggy headed after about 6 months of complete sobriety. Many of these people are very successful these days personally and professionally, probably more so than if they continued.

I'll agree that the war on drugs is asinine and does nothing to curb usage and personally believe in total drug legalization (with strict limits of course). It's never been proven that legalization over the long term increases usage rates (usually there's a short spike in usage after legalization then then a decline). Also legalization would allow better harm reduction and much of the tax revenue could be used for drug rehabilitation. Portugal did this with decriminalization with modest success.

It still doesn't mean pot is harmless though. And denying the medical facts and legions of burned out hippies as evidence only leads to self harm
MAY BE A LITTLE SKEWED?

Its like looking at the stats on road accidents then comparing them to air crashes!

If said user is using a cocktail of drugs, THE ONLY SAFE ONE WILL BE THE MJ.

The end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates