Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 11:45 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Troll harder.

I don't need to show you "the book", it's common sense to anyone that has experience with cannabis or access to google.

Instead of my trying to change your mind, how about YOU try to validate your point that there are people who have never been the same after consuming cannabis. Also, you don't go on a "trip" when you consume cannabis. Are you confusing cannabis with LSD?
You're trolling me. This isn't your thread and I wasn't typing to you. A trip can happen with any illegal drug. What do you mean you don't have weed trips? Then why do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 11:47 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfLights View Post
I know a family members who spends a few hours daily in the bathroom smoking Marijuana. It's a waste of money and a complete waste of time. Smoking weed alters your brain in such a way that you become "open" to external influences.

Guess what this family member of mine complains about ? Hearing voices inside his head right after smoking.
Yes, I agree totally. I don't know why these stoners are attacking me for talking about it.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,300,819 times
Default Another one who doesn't know and apparently doesn't feel they need to do research

Quote:
I know a family members who spends a few hours daily in the bathroom smoking Marijuana. It's a waste of money and a complete waste of time. Smoking weed alters your brain in such a way that you become "open" to external influences.

Guess what this family member of mine complains about ? Hearing voices inside his head right after smoking.
YOU may think that your family member is wasting THEIR time and THEIR money, but THEY obviously don't. I think people that buy and play video games are wasting their time and money, but I'm not for telling them that they can't.

On the other hand, I'd be really concerned that a family member is hearing voices, whether using cannabis or not, because THAT is not a normal reaction.

Hopefully this is just a result of their enhanced sense of hearing when using cannabis, and not imaginary voices. If they are hearing imaginary voices I'd want them to get counseling, because they may be using cannabis to self medicate a mental health problem.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:25 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
For what it's worth I don't drink...use any drugs....smoke any weed etc while on some occasions I here music or a person talking as if it were coming from a radio. Am I Nuts?....NOPE but at times does bother me a wee bit. I would never divulge what I am experiencing as it might put me in the Loony farm.....top that of I will be 84 next month and time for me is short.

On another note when in business decades ago did have a real nice guy working for me part time that admitted to smoking MJ then and for what it's worth I did notice his speech and working habits had slowed down at different times...maybe due to his usage off and on.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:35 PM

508 posts, read 663,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If marijuana causes memory loss then why is it considered a good therapy for Alzheimer?
Source

If marijuana causes depression then why is it considered a good treatment for depression?
Source

"We know that people who have symptoms of psychosis are more likely to use marijuana, but we don’t know which comes first, marijuana use or psychotic symptoms."
Source
Actually, we DO know which comes first. There are countless studies showing that people with psychosis are highly likely to self-medicate, with a wide variety of substances - of which marijuana is only one, and the least likely to come with negative consequences.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:53 PM

508 posts, read 663,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
I've always wondered about the veracity of this image: http://i.stack.imgur.com/QtL28m.jpg
It's a total fake.

1) Cannabis doesn't have a tar component
2) Even if it did, and even if it had "4x the tar" of tobacco - people smoke far less pot than do habitual cigarette smokers. A cigarrete smoker is likely to smoke 1, 2, or even 3 packs - 60 cigarettes - per day.

Pot smokers generally smoke one or at most 2 joints, or equivalent (say in a pipe instead of rolled)

Personally I can't make it through more than about a half a joint before I'm done with it. Any more than that is just superfluous.

snopes.com: Does Marijuana Contain More Tar Than Cigarettes?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:45 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojj View Post
It's a total fake.

1) Cannabis doesn't have a tar component
2) Even if it did, and even if it had "4x the tar" of tobacco - people smoke far less pot than do habitual cigarette smokers. A cigarrete smoker is likely to smoke 1, 2, or even 3 packs - 60 cigarettes - per day.

Pot smokers generally smoke one or at most 2 joints, or equivalent (say in a pipe instead of rolled)

Personally I can't make it through more than about a half a joint before I'm done with it. Any more than that is just superfluous.

snopes.com: Does Marijuana Contain More Tar Than Cigarettes?

I personally like to pace myself as well. Unless of course there are a bunch of us smoking together. I usually take a hit or two off of my bowl from time to time, and if I do in fact roll myself a joint I usually end up putting it out almost halfway through, and save it for another time.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:

That's saaaaad. What else does he take...what (probably prescribed) pharmaceutical is he taking that makes him hear voices in his head?
By the way....most people don't smoke their MG in the bathroom..(gross).....wasting their time.
If you grow your own you don't "waste" money.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
I hear all the time that its not bad for you and you cant get any diseases or anything. But i want to hear any negative input on the subject. Or positive

You likely hear from potheads themselves and the uniformed repeating false or agenda driven nonsense.

Anything you smoke will not be good for your lungs, period. Just because dope may not be as bad as cigarettes, it still is not good either.
Furthermore anything that alters your awareness can have lethal consequences, not to mention the general negative effect it has on ambition and the like.
Also some people not only become addicted to it, some react very differently than the stereotypical mellow yellow TV/movie image.
Of course the current and former dopers will say it is not addictive, but their brain chemistry and will power might be very different than others who have addictive personalities and/or chemistry that causes them to become dependent on it.
Heck , I knew a guy who was a doper, got kicked out of the house because of it, couldn't hold a job because of it, and started breaking into cars and eventually houses to pay for it. He almost got killed by a homeowner, and was in prison last I heard of him.
There are of course many stories of people being high on dope while driving or at work with tragic consequences.

The bottom line is that pot has ills, despite what the dopers try to convince you of otherwise.

`

Old 07-25-2015, 07:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

You likely hear from potheads themselves and the uniformed repeating false or agenda driven nonsense.

Anything you smoke will not be good for your lungs, period. Just because dope may not be as bad as cigarettes, it still is not good either.
Furthermore anything that alters your awareness can have lethal consequences, not to mention the general negative effect it has on ambition and the like.
Also some people not only become addicted to it, some react very differently than the stereotypical mellow yellow TV/movie image.
Of course the current and former dopers will say it is not addictive, but their brain chemistry and will power might be very different than others who have addictive personalities and/or chemistry that causes them to become dependent on it.
Heck , I knew a guy who was a doper, got kicked out of the house because of it, couldn't hold a job because of it, and started breaking into cars and eventually houses to pay for it. He almost got killed by a homeowner, and was in prison last I heard of him.
There are of course many stories of people being high on dope while driving or at work with tragic consequences.

The bottom line is that pot has ills, despite what the dopers try to convince you of otherwise.

`
I agree that anything smoked can't be good for the lungs...course we all know that marijuana doesn't have to be smoked to be of aid.
I find it curious that you use the word "doper" for people who partake of the fine weed".
I'm wondering what name you have for the millions of people who take their doctor prescribed meds every morning.
Are they dopers too?...or is that saved for the wiser ones who medicate without paying for some synthetic pharmaceutical and it's host of detrimental side effects?
Which would you figure is best for someone fighting pain every day.....fentanyl?...maybe morphine?...maybe some nice synthetic tramadol?.....or some all natural cannabis.

Would you rather someone drive around while on fentanyl and hydromorphone?
Do you really think that there aren't ever "tragic consequences" from doctor prescribed pharmaceutical drugs?...or the very legal alcohol?
The bottom line IS...marijuana has great anti-inflammatory properties, neuroprotectant properties, creates an appetite (for those in need) is calming..etc etc

As for dependance...you can quit smoking or ingesting marijuana at any time and you won't go through the horrendous sickness and withdrawels that you do on any of the other drugs I've mentioned.

ALL drugs alter our awareness (even if we don't think they do)...isn't that why we take them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates