Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2020, 11:56 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Never accused of being a racist before you say? I guess you missed that whole federal action against him for racial bias in his rental properties. I guess that doesn’t count as an accusation? Hey, why let verifiable facts get in the way of your narrative though. That would be inconvenient.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...160_story.html
The government, using a sample size of 1, shows rental availability different for Blacks and Whites and wants large fines......in 1972.

Of course new 27 year old CEO Trump going to defend his company. You're the CEO of a company. You have to defend it. It's literally your job. However, the company, in business since the 1930's may have been steered a bit more by Trump's father at that point. That's what I suspect. And nobody's going to mistake Trump's father as PC man of the Year. If you look at generational personal growth, there's a whole lot of ground that has been gained.

48 years ago. If your most recent racist charge is presiding over things that he didn't do personally but did defend vigorously 48 years ago, then you missed the chapter on personal growth, as well as Earth Day, Disco, Metal, Alternative, Oil Shock, computers and the last days of investigative journalism by an independent 4th Estate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 06:30 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Is this "Great Debates" or a place for a bunch of people to come and blow a bunch of racist dog whistles?
Just because someone doesn’t agree with someone else’s point of view doesn’t make them racist. But it’s easier to label people racist these days because it brow beats them.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:35 AM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
The government, using a sample size of 1, shows rental availability different for Blacks and Whites and wants large fines......in 1972.

Of course new 27 year old CEO Trump going to defend his company. You're the CEO of a company. You have to defend it. It's literally your job. However, the company, in business since the 1930's may have been steered a bit more by Trump's father at that point. That's what I suspect. And nobody's going to mistake Trump's father as PC man of the Year. If you look at generational personal growth, there's a whole lot of ground that has been gained.

48 years ago. If your most recent racist charge is presiding over things that he didn't do personally but did defend vigorously 48 years ago, then you missed the chapter on personal growth, as well as Earth Day, Disco, Metal, Alternative, Oil Shock, computers and the last days of investigative journalism by an independent 4th Estate.
Facts and logic and common sense.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:07 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Marketing 101. Not sure it is going to work well.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:40 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Donald Trump, his father, and Trump Org. were all sued for housing discrimination in the 1970s. It was DONALD who handled that housing business. He wouldn't rent apts to Af. Americans. The Trumps settled & paid a lot of money. (I worked as a litigation paralegal for decades; I can tell you that that means the Trumps lost, which means the case against them was so good that the Trumps felt compelled to pay millions to settle, w/o admission of guilt.)

Just look at the people in the W.H. Or the Republican part of the Senate. They're almost all white males, most are older. But it's true that they aren't wearing t-shirts that declare "Racist" on them.

Trump definitely is racist. The list of things he's said & done are too long to list here. And you'll never admit it. But I bet David Duke and those so-called "fine people" who marched in Charlottesville with Tiki Torches would say that heck yeah he's racist & should be proud of it.
It’s no use. Most conservatives demand that their racists sign the “I am a racist” affidavit to be considered a racist. Until then, they are just “good people with an opinion.” If you want to know how far you can go before crossing the line, look at what Steve King got away with before he lost his committee assignments.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Marketing 101. Not sure it is going to work well.
Economics 101. They wouldn’t be doing it if there wasn’t a financial reward.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post

You must have missed my other post with more recent events. More important than what he did prior to being president, why don’t you care about all the racist **** he’s done AS PRESIDENT??

Old 06-08-2020, 08:59 AM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Quote:
You must have missed my other post with more recent events. More important than what he did prior to being president, why don’t you care about all the racist **** he’s done AS PRESIDENT??
Maybe because it didn't happen and you're making stuff up.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:15 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Economics 101. They wouldn’t be doing it if there wasn’t a financial reward.
They THINK it will work well. The great unknown is how much of it will backfire and for what duration.

I have no idea. Certain corps like Foot locker will likely work out since they target urban. For companies not heavily marketing to urban... We shall see.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Maybe because it didn't happen and you're making stuff up.
Like I said, plenty of people on the right need someone to don a KKK hood or a Nazi uniform in order to call them a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates