Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
The problem is people on here believe that if a black person or an African American person uses a relaxer, or dies their hair, or gets contacts, that it means they are trying to be white.
It is a pretty lame assertion. What about punks that dye their hair green or purple-intense desire to be martian? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:26 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It is a pretty lame assertion. What about punks that dye their hair green or purple-intense desire to be martian? lol
I agree fully, but, if you even look through the posts in this thread, you see people think that way.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:11 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,692 times
Kids struggle with self awareness, and identity. they out grow it. Nothin different here.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 AM

10 posts, read 12,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I notice a lot of white people point out MJ wanting to be white because he didn't like his skin color.

I notice people talking about a product called Nur76 that apparently some hispanics use to lighten there skin.

I notice people talking about blacks straightening there hair, etc, trying to be white.

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who use spray tans to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who lay out in the sun all day to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who pay expensive prices for tanning beds to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the most popular form of plastic surgery for white females, lip injections, a black facial feature?

Why do only minorities want to be white, when white people do the same thing?
Yeah, but I can truely tell you that I've seen old photos of M J where he really did have a skin disease call vitlligo, (it may be spelled wrong), but there are photos of where the skin around his fingers started turning white due to the lack of his melanin around his fingers. I belive that was around the early eighties. That's when he started wearing the one glove on his hand. Before he passed away he was being treated for Vitilligo. I also know of several african americans that has that disorder where the condition would leave the skin with pale pink blotches on the skin. But, as far as him wanting to be white I don't believe that he wanted to be white. I believe that he just wanted to get away from having any connecting identity with his father Joe Jackson. I've also read that the his doctors had told him that in order for him to not have the blothes and to at least have an een complexion that would have to treat him in a way to get rid of most of the color in his skin. Sad , sad, sad.P.S. and you where talkin about the cometic thing. And have you heard that can even give women and men fake booties?! Called the Brazillian but lift. Craaazzzy! But, this month a woman died from the proceedure. Something that they injected during the operation went to her lungs instead of her behind. You gotta be happy with what you got...or not!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:27 AM

10 posts, read 12,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I notice a lot of white people point out MJ wanting to be white because he didn't like his skin color.

I notice people talking about a product called Nur76 that apparently some hispanics use to lighten there skin.

I notice people talking about blacks straightening there hair, etc, trying to be white.

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who use spray tans to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who lay out in the sun all day to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who pay expensive prices for tanning beds to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the most popular form of plastic surgery for white females, lip injections, a black facial feature?

Why do only minorities want to be white, when white people do the same thing?
Paul Mooney, a black comedic emphasized it best, "Everbody wants to be black, but nobody want to be black! other races want to act like thy're black, with the street slang, the hip hop wear, the features and ect. but, no one wants the hardships that most African Americans go through!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,692 times
Since I was born White, I'm just fine with that. If I were born some other color, I would be fine with that too. To me, Skin color means little. It's what's inside that counts. And I got great insides, they are pink, just like yours!!! Merry Christmas Neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates