Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 04:00 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,438,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Face Nelson View Post
The overwhelming majority of White Americans are not "half breeds".

Only 30% of White Americans are not genetically pure European, while the other 70% of White Americans have absolutely no Indian or African ancestors what so ever.
White American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And among that 30%, the overwhelming majority do not have enough Indian ancestry to be legally be considered Native American, since the average Indian admixture is only a mere 2%.

So there is absolutely no comparison to Mexicans, because the overwhelming majority of Mexicans have a heck of alot more than just 2% Indian ancestry.
----------

Anyways, who knows!!!
What about black or chinese blood?
The fact is that the entire group is suspect unless they can trace all their lineage to Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM

814 posts, read 2,309,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I notice a lot of white people point out MJ wanting to be white because he didn't like his skin color.

I notice people talking about a product called Nur76 that apparently some hispanics use to lighten there skin.

I notice people talking about blacks straightening there hair, etc, trying to be white.

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who use spray tans to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who lay out in the sun all day to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the hordes of whites who pay expensive prices for tanning beds to be dark?

Why don't we ever talk about the most popular form of plastic surgery for white females, lip injections, a black facial feature?

Why do only minorities want to be white, when white people do the same thing?
really the interpretation and spin on 'wanting to be white' is about power and influence.

whites have the most power and influence in the modern world today and have for awhile. i very much doubt this idea of wanting to look white was as prevalent in the psyches of past peoples. times change.

there is a segment of white society that does perpetuate the idea that nonwhites want to be white to be more beautiful, that nonwhites are not as beautiful etc. what is true is some nonwhites believe this as well. what is not true is it's not as inherently these features as they assume but they've projected their comfort, acceptance and confidence of their looks onto others as a universal standard through power. in fact, if whites had never gained power or influence, most of the world would not perceive whites as attractive as we do today even if they ran into one. they may note they look different but those other spins would not even be a conscious recognition.

now to the technical part. despite personal preferences, and despite those who may in fact be motivated to look like another race there are beauty standards that many cultures share. health produces more pleasant characteristics such as clear skin, healthy weight, shiny hair etc. these qualities have been pretty much valued naturally within most cultures as signs of vitality and fertility.

i will use my own race as an example. there are many asians that actually might see a white person in a magazine or meet a white person and want to have some or all thier physical characteristics. i don't know why totally but i guess they are really unhappy with their looks. but equally there are asians that want to have lighter skin or be a certain weight or even color thier hair just as any other woman would and that is experimentation with different looks and style and an obsession with fashion. even some asians get eyelid surgery not to look like whites but to look like the asians who naturally do have eyelids. some look beautiful with their epicanthic fold anyways because they are just beautiful people period and don't have a problem with it. also there are erroneous stereotypes that float around that are self-serving/mocking using only the most unattractive stereotype of another race to represent them while ignoring the 'ugly' people of thier own race or even their negative characteristics are not even noted as such because they are the ones calling the shots and dictating because, again, they are the ones with the most power. i see the cognitive disassociation very common in white people's opinion often in this regard. essentially, it's ethnocentric or racist views construed to define beauty as a fact rather than an opinion.

how you can snap out of this brainwashing is observing and seeing what is rather than "how" you've been programmed to.

let me illustrate a funny example of the absurdity and blindness. whites walk around all day looking at other whites who are average or actually unattractive in both face and body. though they may know they are not as attractive in comparison to more attractive members of their race, however, this registers in their head that this is not the case in COMPARISON to another race because they are defining their racial features as the ruler or standard. what this means is you will see a bunch of pasty, average to ugly faced whites in groups where if they came upon an average asian may even wince at them because they have brainwashed even themselves that these extremely different features constitutes they are 'less' attractive when in reality they themselves are as ugly or perhaps even more unattractive. they are essentially confusing the tendency to be comforted by familiar features or similar faces to actual interpretation of beauty. this brainwashing can be as ludicrous and extreme as ANY white person deeming or believing they are more attractive or desirable in comparison to an attractive asian model simply because they have the 'round eyes' and the other has the 'almond or slanted eyes' or whatever racial rules they've been conditioned to believe. this is what racism can do, it skews and tricks the mind.

the most heinously racist belief in regarding vanity i've come across in 'white is beauty' standard are racist whites who deem any nonwhite with even a hint of similar features noticed in other races as being 'white' features. this is narcissism to an inordinate and complete degree. not all asians have extremely close set eyes or 'yellow (derogatory coined term)' skin. many asians are pink or white, actually when asians are white, they have the best skin tone of all races imo. it's pearlescent. actually the "average" among the asian population is almond eyes with quite a lot having small eyelids naturally. it's not large like whites or blacks but it's proportional to their size and there are plenty of tall asians and shapely asians as well. the evil part to protect the ego of any race, is to pick out a perceived less physically blessed person and use that to derogatorily insinuate or even claim that they represent a certain race while equally ugly features can be picked out of all races(even whites) and be construed as being signature to that race. ex: pasty skin, large or hooked nose, protruding browbone, freckles, pale eyelashes, hairy, more sweatglands (bo), thin lips, bulky build. these CAN be spun to make it perceived as some caricature as whites have done to other races.

Last edited by leaana; 07-24-2009 at 06:26 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 02:11 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,288,029 times
I don't know about you guys but I have white skin and I like women with white skin. Nothing wrong with being who you are. If other people don't like you for who you are then that's their problem and their issue.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:28 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,233,257 times
The truth is, whites are almost the minority in the US today, and will certainly be in another twenty years. Another truth, I am white and really wish I could tan a little better. I just burn, blister and peel. OK, my freckles do get darker but that's about it. My wife is Asian and wants to be lighter. We are never satisfied with our lot in life are we?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,593,257 times
Whites are still something like 66% of the US. The US is not expected to become majority non-white until, I think, 2030. Even then the US will likely remain plurality white for many years afterward.

There are many smaller cities, small towns, and some suburbs in this country that are "very white." Even a few medium-cities are 70% white or more. (The cities I'm going to name would be large from my vantage point, but maybe not even medium to some here)

Portland, Oregon - 75.5% white
Omaha, Nebraska - 75.4% white
Colorado Springs, Colorado - 75.3% white
Wichita, Kansas - 71.7% white

Scottsdale, Arizona is the largest town to be nearly 90% white.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Scottsdale-Arizona.html

Old 07-25-2009, 04:35 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,438,407 times
Caucasoids will disappear from the Americas in no time.
In less than a century, the whole continent will be brown.
Not their turf, really.
The same thing will happen in all territories colonized when Europe had a tremendous birth rate.
Caucasoids will also become a minority in Western Europe in no time.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:23 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,233,257 times
"Caucasoids"? You make us sound like extraterrestrials. Caucasian is better sounding.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:54 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,299,075 times
We are all African...our DNA says so. So how about we get on with the business of building a better America and world and leave the race-based paradigms behind with all the other failed theories, myths and superstitions?

S.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 AM

8 posts, read 14,430 times
No,I think you are having illusions about minorities wanting to be white. I am a minority and I have no bloody desire at all to become white, especially looking at what 'white people' have done to other races OK! There is nothing that they have that I envy, although I'm not a racist or white-hater for that matter. However, I know that in countries where it was more profitable to be white in order to get a decent job, or just a decent house, some minorities might thought to be white, not because they like the skin color, but because it will most likely will change their status in the society where they were oppressed,see! For example, in North America, person if you had a pale skin,fair hair and blue eyes no matter how stupid or ignorant a person you could be,you could always have a better job than a minority, about 40 years ago! In that light a minority might have thought of being white to avoid being stopped by the police when driving a luxurious car at night every day,see!Every single human is proud of himself somewhere. Note,well,there are many white people in the summer,who lay in the sun everyday at the beach to catch a tan(in other words trying to get a darker skin right!).

Old 11-10-2009, 12:58 PM

341 posts, read 903,354 times
Simply put, without white racism and white privilege, no minority would want to be White. Hell, even many Whites themselves wouldn't want to be White either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates