Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,093 times

Advertisements

False advertising is illegal. As such cross dressers & transvestites are breaking the law. No amount of surgery can change X chromosomes to Y & that is the definitive test of biological sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
I don't generally have a problem with public restrooms, and use when necessary. Have found in this area they are generally very clean and properly stocked with the seat covers, etc. Also many unisex type facilities here, so have started using those because noone is ever in there! Nice find.

Personally have no problems with sharing a restroom with a transgendered person. Have worked with several of them, and were very sweet, gentle souls trapped in the wrong body. Tragic for them. But can see an issue for a mother with small children. Mothers who bring in their 12 y/o boys is interesting. That is a little uncomfortable, but moreso for the child who appears very uncomfortable and even frightened to be in there with all those strange women. Why don't parents think?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
False advertising is illegal. As such cross dressers & transvestites are breaking the law. No amount of surgery can change X chromosomes to Y & that is the definitive test of biological sex.
Geeeez! This is a reach isn't it? What about a female who is biologically male? Is that not false advertising?

- Reel

Old 07-24-2009, 07:46 AM

132 posts, read 224,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think you should use that bathroom that has the equipment for your parts. And if you need a tampon that would be the ladies room. If you pee standing up it's the mens room. A toilet is a toilet. There is nothing intrisinclically "feminine" or "masculine" about bathroom facilities so it really doesn't matter WHAT you feel like inside. I have used the mens room in a pinch on more than one occasion and really don't see why this is even an issue.

I totally Agree! =)

Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Oh yeah? My last girlfriend was xxy. Whats she then?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 AM

Look, a passable mtf will use the womens room, and no one will know. A ftm will use the mens room, usually a cubicle, and likewise they pass- no one will know. Unpassable mtf's usually use disabled toilets.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,285 times
Default Transgender or trans-equivocal

The issue isn't really about where you pee, it's about sanctity of womanhood or manhood. Any person electing to have a team of physicians mutilate a perfectly functional reproductive organ in the name of a diseased sense of a sexual identity must come to face the the fact that GENDER is imutable. Shall we "correct" GOD?There is a very preascious set physical ,emotional,and spiritual atrributes that make a woman a woman.How dare we think that the simple consumption of estrogen and reproductive mutilation is all it takes to enter that realm.Men....it's time to pick up your pens and fight.We must provide a place for women to use the restroom where a woman IS a woman.Fact. You can't create an artificial estate of being and confer upon it inaileable rights as you would the original estate without a net sum loss.You can't make room for a transequivocal in the womans bathroom without adulterating that which is woman.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:36 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fact2000 View Post
The issue isn't really about where you pee, it's about sanctity of womanhood or manhood. Any person electing to have a team of physicians mutilate a perfectly functional reproductive organ in the name of a diseased sense of a sexual identity must come to face the the fact that GENDER is imutable. Shall we "correct" GOD?There is a very preascious set physical ,emotional,and spiritual atrributes that make a woman a woman.How dare we think that the simple consumption of estrogen and reproductive mutilation is all it takes to enter that realm.Men....it's time to pick up your pens and fight.We must provide a place for women to use the restroom where a woman IS a woman.Fact. You can't create an artificial estate of being and confer upon it inaileable rights as you would the original estate without a net sum loss.You can't make room for a transequivocal in the womans bathroom without adulterating that which is woman.
I'm sorry but the issue is EVERYTHING to do with urination and bodily functions and individual dignity and NOTHING to do with GOD as far as I'm concerned.
It also has nothing to do with men picking up their pens and fighting. By all means do so if you feel the need to but don't be doing it as some psuedo altruistic defense of women. I don't require your misguided battle, thank you all the same.

I'm more than happy to share a bathroom with whomever may need it REGARDLESS of gender OR gender re-assignment, although I must say I probably wouldn't be all that keen to get trapped in a restroom with a bible thumper with a warped sense of humanity.

I do not share your views on the sanctity of womanhood or manhood.

Perhaps we need bathrooms for those who cannot cope with everybody else and one for those of us who can?

Old 08-03-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fact2000 View Post
I don't usually resort to insults but you're an ignorant idiot. Get your head out of your bible and do some research. Transsexuals are neuroligicaly intersex- they have the neural structures of the opposite sex. Some are biologicaly intersex too.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:23 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I don't usually resort to insults but you're an ignorant idiot. Get your head out of your bible and do some research. Transsexuals are neuroligicaly intersex- they have the neural structures of the opposite sex. Some are biologicaly intersex too.
Rep point!

Transsexuals are transsexual because that IS the way God made them.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates