Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 07:21 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times

Advertisements

There is racism for the same reason that over nine million women around the world were killed for being Witches. For over 400 years this belief was held. The period that people believed this nonsense we also associate with Shakespeare, and the printing press and many other advancements that would indicate intellectual progress. But they still believed in witches,

Just like now, for nearly 400 years African Americans are believed to be different at the genetic level. And these genetic differences are believed to cause differences in behavior. Shortcomings of the capitalistic system which were predicted as early as 1853? are blamed on Black people. The parallels between the witch hunts and the persecution of women as witches and racism and the discrimination of Blacks is uncanny.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
There is racism for the same reason that over nine million women around the world were killed for being Witches. For over 400 years this belief was held. The period that people believed this nonsense we also associate with Shakespeare, and the printing press and many other advancements that would indicate intellectual progress. But they still believed in witches,

Just like now, for nearly 400 years African Americans are believed to be different at the genetic level. And these genetic differences are believed to cause differences in behavior. Shortcomings of the capitalistic system which were predicted as early as 1853? are blamed on Black people. The parallels between the witch hunts and the persecution of women as witches and racism and the discrimination of Blacks is uncanny.
So you're comparing Black people to witches?

And by the way, there are still witches today.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So you're comparing Black people to witches?

And by the way, there are still witches today.
No, I am comparing the belief in Witches to the "race science" that minute Genetic differences, causes gross behavior differences in humans ,
And I don't know of any recent burnings at the stake , but if know of any witches for sure , see if you can get one to conjure me up a better job!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:47 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
But they still believed in witches,
. . . . and angels. Go figure.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:50 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,672,422 times
Racism exists because of ignorance, the evolution of mankind depends on the adaptability of the species, our own future depends on knowledge, much more than any change of physical attributes.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 AM

814 posts, read 2,306,401 times
Quote:
No, I am comparing the belief in Witches to the "race science" that minute Genetic differences, causes gross behavior differences in humans ,
And I don't know of any recent burnings at the stake , but if know of any witches for sure , see if you can get one to conjure me up a better job!
there are differences between race but also similarities. this is where it gets tricky and dishonest when it's defined so cut and dry.

if you go to sites like stormfront, you will see a lot of idiots many of whom are white and believe they are very intelligent, think that africans are genetically and morally inferior. this i have never seen. i know they also commit many crimes, i know they have a harder time with self control possibly but 'inherently' morally corrupt than others including whites?? i almost howled with laughter. that's pretty stupid.

there is a difference between outward behavior which is in many cases a sign of self-control than actual moral integrity. someone may have the nastiest and inhumane opinions of others without acting on it. this does not make them morally superior. they just know how to cover their ass better. at the same time, there are those who don't commit crimes because they disagree with those actions or the motivations behind them.

there is a book called 'people of the lie' which shows how this psychiatrist through his practice noticed a lot of people in jail got there because they are more naive or acted out of the moment (of course not all of them, some are evil too) and are not anymore 'evil' than those outside of the criminal system. in open society, you have both as well.

as a matter of fact, there can be those who never go to prison or jail who are even more corrupt and inhumane. they just know how to direct their will in a manner better suited for their objective.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:59 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
I think they specialize primarily in deep-forest kinds of jobs. And you might have to smear cow dung in your hair, but this looks like it might go somewhere.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times
Quote:

Just like now, for nearly 400 years African Americans are believed to be different at the genetic level.
Blacks ARE different at the genetic level, my friend:

Hypertension Genes Found in Black Americans - High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) and Related Information on MedicineNet.com (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=103906 - broken link)

You don't think that being black is a genetically inherited racial trait? If this was not the case, blacks without any whites in their ancestry could well have white offspring. These things are obvious.

I don't understand how so many people can say the kinds of things that you say. This is like an obvious universal truth. What the heck do you think makes black people black if not for genes.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Blacks ARE different at the genetic level, my friend:

Hypertension Genes Found in Black Americans - High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) and Related Information on MedicineNet.com (http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=103906 - broken link)

You don't think that being black is a genetically inherited racial trait? If this was not the case, blacks without any whites in their ancestry could well have white offspring. These things are obvious.

I don't understand how so many people can say the kinds of things that you say. This is like an obvious universal truth. What the heck do you think makes black people black if not for genes.
Why is it that the genes that make black people black , make all black people black? but the genes that cause Hypertension only make some black people hypertensive? And what causes Hypertension in the rest of the non-black population?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:03 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post

I suppose if one's understanding of genetic adaptations to environment is as ignorant as you present, then your observation would be... obvious. However, we do know that "blacks" without white ancestry actually did give birth to "whites" since whiteness is an environmental adaptation, nothing more and nothing less.

Human Biological Adaptability: Skin Color as an Adaptation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates