Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
People who are inebriated ("I just had a couple of beers...") get loud, obnoxious, and offensive to others. Sure, they might be that way without the alcohol, but it is more likely that the ingestion of alcohol--which is usually a result of fermentation, meaning a sort of "rotting"--lowers their inhibitions and makes them more obnoxious and offensive.
See those people are already buttholes and nothing can fix that. A decent person will remain a decent person with any amount of alcohol.

Also, you have no idea how fermentation or the brewing process works...lol.

I can drink a 12 pack and not become obnoxious or offensive, those that do already know this and love doing this.

I guess what I am saying is that people who can handle their alcohol should drink and those that cant shouldnt.

Blame the person not the drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 PM

32 posts, read 82,098 times
Quote:
It's possible to party without being drunk. It always amazes me when people can't relate to that.
fractured man, I meant to differentiate between "drink" "drunk" and "addict." I don't consider all drinking is bad or wrong or unhealthy.

My comments were to encourage the OP in his awareness that he doesn't care for drink, or those who find drunkenness important to their lifestyle.

We all face challenges that reveal our character. I see the OP as growing in good character and courage, and wish him well.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoYearsMax View Post
fractured man, I meant to differentiate between "drink" "drunk" and "addict." I don't consider all drinking is bad or wrong or unhealthy.

My comments were to encourage the OP in his awareness that he doesn't care for drink, or those who find drunkenness important to their lifestyle.

We all face challenges that reveal our character. I see the OP as growing in good character and courage, and wish him well.

I agree, one should never feel forced to drink. It should be a conscious choice by the individual without outside pressures. If someone pressures you to drink and you dont want to...guess what? you can walk away and never deal with that person again. We are the ones who choose who we surround ourselves with, if you dont like the company you are with, find different company. Just because you dont understand something does not make it bad, or wrong, it just means you dont understand it and probably never will.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
See those people are already buttholes and nothing can fix that. A decent person will remain a decent person with any amount of alcohol.

Also, you have no idea how fermentation or the brewing process works...lol.

I can drink a 12 pack and not become obnoxious or offensive, those that do already know this and love doing this.

I guess what I am saying is that people who can handle their alcohol should drink and those that cant shouldnt.

Blame the person not the drink.
I was considering all forms of alcohol, not just beer. Though I don't doubt that the hops and barley mixture also ferment, or rot, somewhat in the creation of beers, ales, and lagers. I don't eat rotted food. Sauerkraut, sour cream, wine--all the result of fermentation.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:24 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
I don't blame you man. Sour cream gives me some wicked hangovers.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:37 PM

73 posts, read 117,715 times
it's the american religion, particularly beer

Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I was considering all forms of alcohol, not just beer. Though I don't doubt that the hops and barley mixture also ferment, or rot, somewhat in the creation of beers, ales, and lagers. I don't eat rotted food. Sauerkraut, sour cream, wine--all the result of fermentation.
No, you have no idea how fermentation works...it is not rotted anything...it is a process also know as, zymosis: a process in which an agent causes an organic substance to break down into simpler substances; especially, the anaerobic breakdown of sugar into alcohol.

Yes, some processes of fermentation do let the foods rot but not all. And all I have to say about sauerkraut is you are missing out.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I don't blame you man. Sour cream gives me some wicked hangovers.
I know what you mean...it gives me the sour ****ts the day after bonging a whole container. It makes a great mixer, ever had sour cream and coke? ...mmmmm

Old 08-31-2009, 06:32 PM

481 posts, read 943,087 times
Haven't read the other posts, but I say it depends on what circles you are trying to "fit" into. I don't drink and I don't like being around people who think I should. So doesn't bother me much.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:48 PM

52 posts, read 120,546 times
I think drinking is disgusting. I don't mind if other people drink, but it's not for me.
I think it tastes horrible and I hate the idea of drinking to get drunk or even buzzed.
If I ever got to the point where I needed to drink to have a good time, that'd be sad.
I don't think that you need to drink to fit in at all.
I've been to parties and didn't drink and still had a good time. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates