Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:09 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yep...and this nation is going down the tubes because whites are whites own worst enemy as well. Maybe you can go find some other peoples land to steal and peolpe to enslave to pull yourself out of this mess you created like the mess you created in Europe that sent you all to "New Worlds" looking for a better life through the seesaw economics of lifting yourselves up by putting others down! I am sure that it is in the planning stages as I write this. Yep...go ahead and ignore your own history of how you are not only your own worst enemy....but the worst enemy of many others.
YAWN. More hate-filled, racist, BS.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:05 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Who said my goal is for racism to dissapear? To tell you the truth....I don't care if it ever does. What I want is that the black community be strong enough to deal with WHATEVER so that we can rise and be strong and not have massive number of people existing in poverty. If you want to be racist that an issue you will have to deal with with God. I am not out to change whites....I am out to uplift blacks.

I am a peson that reads! I read a lot black publications along with Newsweek, US news, USA today...ect. When studies come out they often appear in publications.....I don't go looking for them.....I hear or read about them in the NORMAL COURSE OF INFORMING MYSELF.

Believe what you want to hold onto your notions. The fact is that there are and have been countless studies done over the years that CLEARLY demonstrate that race is a potent issue in America today...notwithstanding your personal story. Your not racist (you believe) fine. Leave it at that because you don't know that others are not and that its not an issue for them. Those studies merge smoothly with the patterns of racial history in this nation. Its linear.
My goal is that race becomes a non-issue. If you want to perpetuate racism, you are no better than the racist white people you complain about.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BLACKS AND WHITES!

There should be no 'black communities' and 'white communities'. You claim to be informed, when it seems like all you want is more racism. It seems like all you want is for white people to 'get what's coming to them'. You are unbelievably racist and need to seriously re-think how much of an 'expert' you are on this issue. You are no better than the racist white people you complain about in every thread.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
After reading this thread, it is ironic to see so white people defending black people's abilities to succeed and a black man arguing that black people aren't capable of succeeding.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:11 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
After reading this thread, it is ironic to see so white people defending black people's abilities to succeed and a black man arguing that black people aren't capable of succeeding.
How very true. I also will not be participating in any threads by Indentured Servant and I recommend we all boycott his threads, since it seems he is just trying to get under white peoples skin. I for one have had enough!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
My goal is that race becomes a non-issue. If you want to perpetuate racism, you are no better than the racist white people you complain about.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BLACKS AND WHITES!

There should be no 'black communities' and 'white communities'. You claim to be informed, when it seems like all you want is more racism. It seems like all you want is for white people to 'get what's coming to them'. You are unbelievably racist and need to seriously re-think how much of an 'expert' you are on this issue. You are no better than the racist white people you complain about in every thread.
What I am saying to you, as a wise experienced person in my 40’s, is that it is unwise to leave ones fate to whether another or others like you or not. All people need to be strong enough to prosper and survive whether others like them or not. That is why nations have armies. Nations can’t rest their survival on the hope that humanity suddenly stops its evil histories of wars and conquests of others resources and freedom.

If I am strong….anything you can do to me I can do back to you. That will make a person think twice. That’s my goal. That is my sphere of influence. My sphere of influence is not to try to make racist not be racist. My goal is to be impervious to it.

Let me say this to you also. You are 24 years old. You live in a world of people YOUR AGE. That is your circle. You likely spend most of your time texting, listening to I pods, hanging out at bars, chasing women, playing video games…etc. You live in a sheltered electronic world of people your age on a small dot of geography. You are in no way qualified to talk about the experiences of people 40 and over. You are not qualified to tell us race is not a factor anymore, just because race is not an issue in your text massaging, twitting, game playing, no current event conscious world. You attempt to extrapolate from your little cocoon things about the greater world that you have seen little of. You are in the “Earth is flat” school of thought because the ground that you stand on is flat….therefore it must all be flat. You cannot judge the shape of the earth by looking down on the ground beneath your feet. That is what you do. You are too young with too closed a mind. You don’t know or respect history. You take a “snap shot” views of everything….and avoid the video. The video shows you what lead up to events. That is the role of history. Buy you don’t CARE. You just concerned about a one dimension snapshot of a moment in time……which leads to your gross lack of understanding with all the unknown that results from not watching the video, replaced with conjecture born from your own ignorance and PREJUDICE.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
What I am saying to you, as a wise experienced person in my 40’s, is that it is unwise to leave ones fate to whether another or others like you or not. All people need to be strong enough to prosper and survive whether others like them or not. That is why nations have armies. Nations can’t rest their survival on the hope that humanity suddenly stops its evil histories of wars and conquests of others resources and freedom.

If I am strong….anything you can do to me I can do back to you. That will make a person think twice. That’s my goal. That is my sphere of influence. My sphere of influence is not to try to make racist not be racist. My goal is to be impervious to it.

Let me say this to you also. You are 24 years old. You live in a world of people YOUR AGE. That is your circle. You likely spend most of your time texting, listening to I pods, hanging out at bars, chasing women, playing video games…etc. You live in a sheltered electronic world of people your age on a small dot of geography. You are in no way qualified to talk about the experiences of people 40 and over. You are not qualified to tell us race is not a factor anymore, just because race is not an issue in your text massaging, twitting, game playing, no current event conscious world. You attempt to extrapolate from your little cocoon things about the greater world that you have seen little of. You are in the “Earth is flat” school of thought because the ground that you stand on is flat….therefore it must all be flat. You cannot judge the shape of the earth by looking down on the ground beneath your feet. That is what you do. You are too young with too closed a mind. You don’t know or respect history. You take a “snap shot” views of everything….and avoid the video. The video shows you what lead up to events. That is the role of history. Buy you don’t CARE. You just concerned about a one dimension snapshot of a moment in time……which leads to your gross lack of understanding with all the unknown that results from not watching the video, replaced with conjecture born from your own ignorance and PREJUDICE.
Race is not a factor because people like me are the future. People like you (no offense) are the past.

You claim I am in a cocoon, however you know nothing about me. I don't play video games, I don't watch TV. Hell, I listen to the news on the radio more than music when driving to/from work. I read about politics for fun instead of 'listening to I pods' as you so naively put it.

You and your attitude is yesterday's news. But you are right. I am young. I don't care what happened historically. My generation is the future, and we are not racist. We don't understand why people make such a big deal about race, when we grew up in a world that doesn't see a difference between black and white.

I played video games when I was growing up. I would play with people from the inner city in Philadelphia, a kid in India and a teenager in Tokyo all at the same time just as you would play baseball with the neighborhood kids when you were young. You are right, I grew up in a world of technology, a world that is also color blind. The world of technology in which I have been raised is the largest truly color-blind society that exists. I get to know people through medium other than face to face. I don't even know what race someone is until we are good friends. How is that a bad thing? Maybe you 40 year olds have a thing or two to learn from someone as young as me.

How is not understanding why blacks and whites would ever be viewed differently ever a bad thing? Isn't my lack of understanding of this issue a major indicator that we, as a society, are moving in the right direction?

You say I am closed minded? I put no weight on race whatsoever while you cry racism over everything you can. Racism is a thing that simply doesn't exist with my generation. How am I the one who is closed minded?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,857,098 times
Just because you're in your 40's, does not make you wise. Quite to the contrary. You are narrow minded, hate-filled and ignorant to the world around you.

You keep "living the experience" and perpetuating racism through your actions and words, and the world will never improve.

I am 25. My circle consists of people from ages 18-80, white, black, hispanic, asian, etc. My views are far more varied and yet still more consistent than yours. You equate age with knowledge, and race with hatred. You are the one full of hatred and lacking of knowledge. You lack the knowledge to help your race, so you place blame on others, that's normal, people who cannot do, try to undo others.

Your lack of respect for history, and even bigger lack of respect of how to carry on in the present and even future will be the downfall of you, and others that think like you, if you can call it thinking.

You refuse to answer questions pointed at you, you refuse to carry on a real debate, rather just continue your ignorant, hate filled, pedantic diatribe and whining. When you can open your eyes, and remove the shades of grey from your vision, you can see black and white, plain and simple. Until then you are a racist, a bigot and a hate monger who has no validity in any argument of race.

YOU YOU YOU are the one who looks straight down at the earth and assumes it's flat because you don't fall off of it. But I see your european racist comment hiding there too. Closed minds, close doors. When you, and others that operate under the victim mentality open their eyes and minds, only then can they succeed. Until then, they will continue to be victims of their own oppression.

PS, try spell check.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Race is not a factor because people like me are the future. People like you (no offense) are the past.

You claim I am in a cocoon, however you know nothing about me. I don't play video games, I don't watch TV. Hell, I listen to the news on the radio more than music when driving to/from work. I read about politics for fun instead of 'listening to I pods' as you so naively put it.

You and your attitude is yesterday's news. But you are right. I am young. I don't care what happened historically. My generation is the future, and we are not racist. We don't understand why people make such a big deal about race, when we grew up in a world that doesn't see a difference between black and white.

I played video games when I was growing up. I would play with people from the inner city in Philadelphia, a kid in India and a teenager in Tokyo all at the same time just as you would play baseball with the neighborhood kids when you were young. You are right, I grew up in a world of technology, a world that is also color blind. The world of technology in which I have been raised is the largest truly color-blind society that exists. I get to know people through medium other than face to face. I don't even know what race someone is until we are good friends. How is that a bad thing? Maybe you 40 year olds have a thing or two to learn from someone as young as me.

How is not understanding why blacks and whites would ever be viewed differently ever a bad thing? Isn't my lack of understanding of this issue a major indicator that we, as a society, are moving in the right direction?

You say I am closed minded? I put no weight on race whatsoever while you cry racism over everything you can. Racism is a thing that simply doesn't exist with my generation. How am I the one who is closed minded?
You keep saying WE, as if you can assume that what is true for YOU is true for all those your age. How many of the millions of people your age have you met? How many different regions of the country have you lived? How many different cities have you lived? When you listen to radio and news I can guarantee you the vast majority of the talk radio you listen too is other white folks. I can guarantee you that you spend your time with like minded people. That means you shelter yourself from peoples whose views are different from your own. There is a big world of people out there who don’t exist in “your world”. Look at me. There are majority black forums that I participate on from time to time. I know what the mainstream thoughts are. There are liberal forums that I participate on, as well as conservative. I PURPOSELY expose myself to a wide range of view points to I can have a better understanding of what other people think and why they think that. Whites RARELY do this. When was the last time you participated on a forum that was majority black? You don’t have a clue what mainstream young black people are thinking and talking about….and YOU DON”T CARE.

You can’t get to the future unless you survive the present. The world that we all have to deal with is the world that exists NOW. We PLAN for our future but we have to survive our present to get to that future. There are a LOT of racist people 40 and over in America. Young people are the minority. 24 year olds don’t run jack slit…except your mouths. The country is run by people 35 and older and the racism of this demographic has a solid impact upon the lives of black people. A 24 year old black man may be stymied or discriminated by a 60 year old white guy. The fact that a 24 year old white guy is not discriminating and hating on a 24 year old black guy does not mean that 40 and over white people are not exerting racism upon the 24 year old black man. So here you come along to tell the 24 year old black guy that race is not an issue BECAUSE YOU SAID IS NOT, based upon the fact that its not an issue with young whites….as if the only people that a young black man has to deal with in life are young white guys from the same cocoon that you come from. Thus….you immediately disrespect that black guy for hollering racism…not based upon WHAT HE HAS EXPERIENCED AND SEEN, but rather, based upon nothing more than they fact that you feel qualified to know his experience better than he does. That is the type of dangerous ignorance that turn people like you into racist.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 AM

17 posts, read 18,746 times
Quote:

The problem is that you are what our generation has begotten. People who don't understand that it is important to discriminate (in a good way) in order to realize there is bad discrimination. Yes, we must stop seeing everything as being a racial issue. However, we must consider when race actually is playing a factor. If it turns out the qualified black people are not getting a job white people with the same resumes are getting (this would be easily test-able), then you have to recognize that there is a significant racial undercurrent. Do I think that racism is a conscious hate and prejudice? No, I think it has become a subconscious thing. Therefore people like you wouldn't be able to know for sure if they were being discriminatory. This generation's discrimination may be different from a racial issue. It may be much more subtle, something like being angry because the cashier who checked you out talked with a thick Arabian accent that made him hard to understand. This happened to me today. Yeah, I have a right to be frustrated. But its discriminatory all the same, and these types of discrimination aren't likely to go away very soon, even if the most obvious types like racism become much smaller factors in the future.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 AM

177 posts, read 256,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
It has to be earned, just like for whites.
You're kidding... right?

Sometimes I think white people REALLY believe this.

White people are totally delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates