Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:53 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,799 times

Advertisements

It also includes religion, and sexual orientation, which some people argue is a choice. At least religion is, and many people have certain diets because of their religion, which are respected because it falls under the umbrella of 'religion' (which is a choice). So anyone's religion or dietary restrictions because of said chosen religion, are not any more legitimate or respectable than someone who chooses to be vegetarian, or any other diet, because of their own independent choice.

And neither do I. What I was talking about was people that make fun of, or even say they "hate" vegetarians, and make other rude, ignorant comments which show that they're either ignorant, or stereotype all vegetarians based off of a few. Which is the same thing people do to other 'groups' of people that they're biased against.

Old 04-29-2017, 02:46 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,125,136 times
Leonardo DiCaprio flies coast to coast, in his own personal jet about 4X a month, and whines about environmentalism every chance he gets.

He says: "do as I say, not as I do, little people!"

Old 04-29-2017, 07:08 AM

749 posts, read 735,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
that's also a good point, and a big reason many bike, walk, or take the bus. not because we think we're "better" than anyone. maybe it would make the OP feel less threatened to know that a lot of those people he sees biking and seemingly assumes are so "sanctimonious," are really just poor.
The bus. The giant, diesel, soot-belching bus.

Hypocrite.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I never have a foul word to say about anyone who chooses to eat differently from how I do, whether they avoid pork, all meat products, all animal products, whatever. What other people choose to put in their mouth is their business, not mine.

Still, comparing vegetarianism to being in a protected class is ridiculous. That's a choice that you made in your life. Protected classes include things like race, disabilities...not the same thing at all.

Some people absolutely do act sanctimonious about things like being vegetarian/vegan, being "green," etc. Non-veggies and non-greenies don't tend to act "sanctimonious" about such matters. They might ask a lot of questions or act as if they don't understand a different way of life, but they are less prone to be "sanctimonious" about it.
You've obviously picked up on the fact that this "bikegall" is the walking epitome of sanctimonious.

And extraordinarily defensive about it - with lots of emoticons.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
The bus. The giant, diesel, soot-belching bus.

Hypocrite.
Again, did I say I ride the bus? Maybe you should go back to first grade, and learn how to read.

Oh, who's calling names again. (oh, right, that's your favorite one.)

Old 04-29-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Bikegall doesn't care at all about how hot/cold she keeps her apartment, whether windows are closed in the winter, or if there is any insulation anywhere.

But she sure is proud of being too poor to do anything but ride her bike around. It makes her better than other people.
More assumptions. Which is all you seem to be full of. Along with name-calling, finger-pointing, and chest-puffing. I'm sorry you're so insecure. I wonder why.

One thing I'm pretty proud of, is not being you.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Again, did I say I ride the bus? Maybe you should go back to first grade, and learn how to read.
This is what you wrote. "...and a big reason many bike, walk, or take the bus. not because we think we're "better" than anyone.

I believe my reading is just fine.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
More assumptions. Which is all you seem to be full of. Along with name-calling, finger-pointing, and chest-puffing. I'm sorry you're so insecure. I wonder why.

One thing I'm pretty proud of, is not being you.
I'm pretty glad you're not me too.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
This is what you wrote. "...and a big reason many bike, walk, or take the bus. not because we think we're "better" than anyone.

I believe my reading is just fine.
I said many. I already mentioned that I walk and bike, and many who do, also ride the bus, so I said we, to include everyone who uses any of those forms of transportation.

your 'beliefs' have proven to be skewed.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty glad you're not me too.
not as glad as I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living