Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:18 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,138 times

Advertisements

ok, after re-reading, as per. your prompt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
So why are some (so many?) "self-proclaimed environmentalists" so condescending, and also so hypocritical? I really don't understand the mindset.
Quote:
Even so, I consider myself an environmentalist, because I care about (and for) the environment.
so, you do call yourself an environmentalist. And yet, walking or biking half a mile is too inconvenient?

Yeah, I guess you were right, self-proclaimed environmentalists are all hypocrites.

(and condescending, of course. guess you WERE right after all. my bad)

Last edited by bikegal; 04-27-2017 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: .

Old 04-27-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Obviously. And maybe that should tell you something.
that you have no argument.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:30 PM

749 posts, read 734,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
that you have no argument.
No, bikegal, here's the deal: Every post you make - every comment you make - only reinforces the OP. A snotty, argumentative, holier-than-thou greenie. You major in minors. You don't own a car, so you're better than people who do. You would ride your bike half-mile to work, so you're better than the middle-aged woman who drives a car to work because she typically has both boxes, a laptop, and an attache case she carries. Yes, we get it. You're better than the rest of us.

What you don't get is that you make yourself a laughingstock. And that's kind of the whole point.

By the way, when was the last time you gutted and renovated a house, using the very best "green" technology? My guess is that you never have - and that makes me 100x better than you. So there.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
No, bikegal, here's the deal: Every post you make - every comment you make - only reinforces the OP. A snotty, argumentative, holier-than-thou greenie. You major in minors. You don't own a car, so you're better than people who do. You would ride your bike half-mile to work, so you're better than the middle-aged woman who drives a car to work because she typically has both boxes, a laptop, and an attache case she carries. Yes, we get it. You're better than the rest of us.

What you don't get is that you make yourself a laughingstock. And that's kind of the whole point.

By the way, when was the last time you gutted and renovated a house, using the very best "green" technology? My guess is that you never have - and that makes me 100x better than you. So there.
every post you make, also reinforces that your "attacks" on "environmentalists" (of which you also call yourself, making you one of the hypocrites you're complaining about) are all based on assumptions, insecurities, and defensiveness. where did I mention that I'm better than anyone? I mentioned that I don't drive, after a page full of people talking about prius's, and they're hypocrits if they drive, blah blah. I merely pointed out that, there are people who actually walk the walk, and are usually too busy doing so (or biking in the rain), to worry about what other people are doing, or bother creating posts to talk about how hypocritical people are. your post and attitude just reinforces my point, that such sentiments are usually from people that feel threatened because someone is not like them. because they see them doing this or that, they assume they must be like this or that. again, you just reinforce your own heir of insecurity and ignorance.

the only one saying "I'm better than you" around here, is you.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
every post you make, also reinforces that your "attacks" on "environmentalists" (of which you also call yourself, making you one of the hypocrites you're complaining about) are all based on assumptions, insecurities, and defensiveness. where did I mention that I'm better than anyone? I mentioned that I don't drive, after a page full of people talking about prius's, and they're hypocrits if they drive, blah blah. I merely pointed out that, there are people who actually walk the walk, and are usually too busy doing so (or biking in the rain), to worry about what other people are doing, or bother creating posts to talk about how hypocritical people are. your post and attitude just reinforces my point, that such sentiments are usually from people that feel threatened because someone is not like them. because they see them doing this or that, they assume they must be like this or that. again, you just reinforce your own heir of insecurity and ignorance.

the only one saying "I'm better than you" around here, is you.
Please tell me about the extensive energy audits and "green" renovations you do on houses. Surely you care about the environment, right

Also, you failed to leave instructions how my wife is supposed to balance about 50 lbs of work material on her bike she would sanctimoniously ride to work.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
You would ride your bike half-mile to work, so you're better than the middle-aged woman who drives a car to work because she typically has both boxes, a laptop, and an attache case she carries. Yes, we get it. You're better than the rest of us.
I'm practically middle-aged myself, and I routinely bike across town, in the rain, with bags of groceries. Oh, but I guess I shouldn't mention that, because that makes me holier-than-thou.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I'm practically middle-aged myself, and I routinely bike across town, in the rain, with bags of groceries. Oh, but I guess I shouldn't mention that, because that makes me holier-than-thou.
Bags of groceries are easy.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Please tell me about the extensive energy audits and "green" renovations you do on houses. Surely you care about the environment, right?
funny how you really have no rebuttal. which only reinforces the fact that the only hypocritical, condescending 'environmentalist' around here, is you.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Bags of groceries are easy.
so are excuses.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
funny how how really have no rebuttal. which only reinforces the fact that the only hypocritical, condescending 'environmentalist' around here, is you.
I asked you a question. I don't need to rebut my question. You should simply answer it.

But you won't. And the reason why is obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living