Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
News: Arctic Warmest Since 1 B.C.

Based upon lake sediment cores and, get this, tree cores!! I want to see one of those 2000-year-old Arctic trees!!
Actually, I've been personally researching those trees for the past couple of years and they are not 2000 year old trees, they are 7000 to 10,000 year old trees. Would you like to see some pics ??? (Tuesday - as I'm at another conference this weekend)

They were NOT destroyed as a result of an Ice Age, all the scientists (Palealentologists - Paleobotanists - Paleoclimatologists) agree that it was some type of mega-flood. In fact both poles had the same identical phenomena. There is no fossilized petrified wood. However, thanks to Global Warming, a kool side effect has been to reveal over 10,000 of these frozen tree stumps and their burried frozen logs. The wood is real and still burns if you want to make a camp fire.

Not only logs, but also branches, twigs, leaves, cones and other fresh looking forest floor debri have been found everywhere. Even an entire beaver pond has been unearthed. Many animal bones as well, including the beaver of that pond, but also crocodiles.

I've never been so excited over over the effects of Global Warming before in all my life!!!

I'll post some links and pics tomorrow.

For a quick heads up, I forgot I had some of this in my blog posts, so here are some of the links. The actual trees were a variety of Dawn Redwood which was thought to be extinct until it was found still in existance in 1945 China. The beauty of this find is that unlike other fossil finds, this was real honest to goodness wood cellulose for which isotope studies could be contucted to study the ancient climate that existed. Here are the links:

https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog6...ent-world.html

https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog6...troboides.html

Last edited by bluepacific; 09-05-2009 at 11:46 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 PM

3,778 posts, read 5,325,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Actually, I've been personally researching those trees for the past couple of years and they are not 2000 year old trees, they are 7000 to 10,000 year old trees. Would you like to see some pics ??? (Tuesday - as I'm at another conference this weekend)

They were NOT destroyed as a result of an Ice Age, all the scientists (Palealentologists - Paleobotanists - Paleoclimatologists) agree that it was some type of mega-flood. In fact both poles had the same identical phenomena.
I'll post some links and pics tomorrow.

https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog6...ent-world.html

https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog6...troboides.html
Thanks for the links. Your photo resembles that of a US comedian named Jay Leno!

Mega-flood around 10,000 years ago? Past worldwide climate more tropical? Taller trees than could be expected at the polar regions?

I suggest that some scientists start taking this idea into consideration: rather than assuming that the atmosphere has been building up from the beginning of the earth -volcanoes spewing gases into an thin atmosphere- why not start with the idea that the atmosphere was thicker, with a higher pressure, say 2-atm (~200 kPa), rather than 1-atm (101 kPa)? That might explain how those pterodactyls got airborne. It could also help explain how there was a tropical climate worldwide (thicker atmosphere holds heat in, i.e. greenhouse effect).

Now, instead of looking at the globe as warming, maybe we could say that it is re-warming?

Global Rewarming!

Old 09-06-2009, 07:45 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
They were NOT destroyed as a result of an Ice Age, all the scientists (Palealentologists - Paleobotanists - Paleoclimatologists) agree that it was some type of mega-flood.
That sounds like you're talking about something from the Bible.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
That sounds like you're talking about something from the Bible.
That's exactly what I'm talking about, but it is the scientists who are the ones that admitted it. I havew spent the last 20 years researching this event. What I am most fascinated with is the ancient hydrological cycle briefly touched on at Genesis 2:6. This is the verse involving the creation account that is most made fun of and yet it is actually one of the more brilliant pieces of info ever recorded. Scientists are discovering that such an ancient climate and hydrological system did indeed exist. It's really kool and we have the beautiful side effects of Global Warming or whatever phenomena is melting those glaciers and permafrost.

You should have seen the faces and reaction to several of the scientists and researchers when I explained many of these findings last weekend at the conference. They were stunned , shocked, excited, etc. Many wanted me to create a paper on this. Tomorrow I'll be back home and will have more time to explain in more detail. But the Earth is an amazing put together machine. The components are all still there. It's mankind's Marxist approach to science and inventions that work against Earth rather than guiding it. Much the way water works.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Thanks for the links. Your photo resembles that of a US comedian named Jay Leno!
Actually that is Jay Leno, but I am continually joked with on how much I look like him. When I drive down from the mountains to Palm desert or Palm Springs I'd get inquiries and jokes from folks.

Even over here in Sweden I get little kids thinking I'm Jay Leno. So I though whatever. Just stick a pic there as a sort of joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak
Mega-flood around 10,000 years ago? Past worldwide climate more tropical? Taller trees than could be expected at the polar regions?

I suggest that some scientists start taking this idea into consideration: rather than assuming that the atmosphere has been building up from the beginning of the earth -volcanoes spewing gases into an thin atmosphere- why not start with the idea that the atmosphere was thicker, with a higher pressure, say 2-atm (~200 kPa), rather than 1-atm (101 kPa)? That might explain how those pterodactyls got airborne. It could also help explain how there was a tropical climate worldwide (thicker atmosphere holds heat in, i.e. greenhouse effect).

Now, instead of looking at the globe as warming, maybe we could say that it is re-warming?

Global Rewarming!
Actually it's more complicated then that. Butn actually they say that the arctic was more of a mild temperate climate like Vancouver, Canada. Average temp was almost always around 55 degees F. I'll have to gat back tomorrow with more.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,198 times
Earth approaching low sunspot records; Solar activity linked to cooler temps...Try telling that to the Al Gore Global Warming Zombies...

http://cjonline.com/news/local/2009-...unspot_records

Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 AM

Global Warming....lol...lol...lol...where are you AL...this is better than Saturday Nite Live....what a joke....lol..lol...lol...

what happened to global warming

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | What happened to global warming?

Western Montana could hit record low temperatures,

Western MT cold breaks records - Montana's News Station - Fair. Accurate. To the Point. - (http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=11295113 - broken link)#

US CHILL MAP

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

Record cold threaten seed potatoe

Cold temperatures threaten seed potato crop

Austria: earliest snowfall in history

Early snow records set to be broken – General News – Austrian Times#

Old 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Calendar year 2008 was the coolest year since 2000, according to the Goddard Institute for Space Studies analysis [see ref. 1] of surface air temperature measurements. In our analysis, 2008 is the ninth warmest year in the period of instrumental measurements, which extends back to 1880 (left panel of Fig. 1). The ten warmest years all occur within the 12-year period 1997-2008. The two-standard-deviation (95% confidence) uncertainty in comparing recent years is estimated as 0.05°C [ref. 2], so we can only conclude with confidence that 2008 was somewhere within the range from 7th to 10th warmest year in the record.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 AM

Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 PM

All,

If interested.. tonite..October 18, 8pm EST, the premiere of Not Evil Just Wrong

The true cost of Global Warming Hysteria

Help Us Make History!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living