Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 12:52 PM

32 posts, read 27,856 times

Advertisements

I remember that Roy Carroll said that he had to have an anchor tenant and/or significant commitments before he would begin Project 561. I have not heard what the requirements are before beginning construction of the proposed new tower. I certainly hope that he either has or is able to get the required commitment. Time will tell if the demand is there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 01:26 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
Another interesting thing to report, due to high office demand, Project Slugger is back up to 9 stories according to the business journal.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:54 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,034,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Another interesting thing to report, due to high office demand, Project Slugger is back up to 9 stories according to the business journal.
Idk that adding 3 stories of office space back to a project that was already supposed to have 9 stories originally can be considered "high demand." But it is good to hear.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:14 PM

102 posts, read 121,925 times
I wish Winston could get something like this

Old 05-01-2019, 02:34 PM

275 posts, read 232,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel1999 View Post
I was under the impression Carroll said he wouldn't build anything like this unless he had an anchor tenant for the office space.
Of course he won't...thats why the office tower is "Phase 3". I'm sure it has no real start date.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:38 PM

80 posts, read 69,744 times
Winston is putting the finishing touches on a 384 unit apartment complex with structured parking and ground level retail in the IQ, another 260 unit complex in the West End, and design is complete on another 240 unit complex with ground level retail on Fourth Street. They also have a six story office building being developed by the same group that is doing project slugger that will combine with an existing building at Bailey to create roughly 100k of office and retail. On the hotel front the Kimpton and Indigo have both opened recently (with the Kimpton having another 130 apartments) and a Hampton Inn and Courtyard are both under construction. This is all in the last few years alone and doesn’t take into account multiple other apartment and retail development downtown or the massive investment in the IQ.

Winston is getting something like this except for the office tower and if someone came forward with a proposal to build 180k sf of office space in Winston I’d be just as skeptical of demand.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:42 PM

275 posts, read 232,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamountalum2004 View Post
I wish Winston could get something like this
Well, G'boro doesn't have it yet, either. But I don't understand the reasoning behind your comment. W-S has experienced just as much, if not more, development than G'boro.

https://triad-city-beat.com/winston-...-housing-boom/
https://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...f9efe5624.html
Downtown Winston-Salem Blog
http://www.downtownws.com/wp-content...-2000-2017.pdf

There's nothing to wish for, or be envious of, or be competitive about.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:56 PM

113 posts, read 111,151 times
Wow, I have to say I like this quite a bit more than the original plan even if it's a shorter tower. With all the development going on beside Eugene St. I could see it eventually turning into one of the main drags downtown.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:00 PM

511 posts, read 511,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Idk that adding 3 stories of office space back to a project that was already supposed to have 9 stories originally can be considered "high demand." But it is good to hear.
True. But scaling it down in the first place gave lots of people on here reason to doubt any Greensboro development.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:41 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Wow a lot of good news today that's what I am talking about Triad !! Can't wait to move downtown in January of 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point