Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 11:11 AM

102 posts, read 121,925 times

Advertisements

I do wish Winston could draw some places to be built near the ballpark with sights that look into the ballpark. I got excited when I saw they were building something off broad street till i realized it was a storage unit building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 12:23 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
Above Ground layout. 8 story City parking deck in the middle.

Old 05-02-2019, 01:10 PM

32 posts, read 27,856 times
Regarding the overhead view of the project, it looks like a very good utilization of the space. I hope that the office tower can find enough tenants to remain at least 20 stories. I agree with other people’s comments that the final building designs will probably change in the future. I will be satisfied if the project just gets built within 4 - 6 years.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:04 PM

Looky there..demand is there.......when you put a first class urban project together, people want to be a part of it. He just might have 60% of that tower leased pretty quickly. Skeptics and critics need to understand that we didn't get to this point over night. Ever since downtown revitalization started 20 years ago with a plan from Action Greensboro, development has been gradually over time getting larger and taller along with interest in downtown. Forget about the way Greensboro use to be. Times change and the city is changing and growing.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 05-02-2019 at 07:31 PM..

Old 05-02-2019, 07:21 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Demand is there.......
Yes, really exciting news indeed! Hopefully we can have three tower cranes in downtown at the same time which we haven't seen since the early 90s!

Noticed that there is more activity at the Westin site from checking out the WFMY tower cam today

Old 05-02-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
Yes, really exciting news indeed! Hopefully we can have three tower cranes in downtown at the same time which we haven't seen since the early 90s!

Noticed that there is more activity at the Westin site from checking out the WFMY tower cam today
I have noticed site work being done on the Westin site the past few weeks

Old 05-02-2019, 08:39 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,058,104 times
Quote:
Looky there..demand is there.......when you put a first class urban project together, people want to be a part of it. He just might have 60% of that tower leased pretty quickly. Skeptics and critics need to understand that we didn't get to this point over night. Ever since downtown revitalization started 20 years ago with a plan from Action Greensboro, development has been gradually over time getting larger and taller along with interest in downtown. Forget about the way Greensboro use to be. Times change and the city is changing and growing.
While it may be true that there's demand for the office tower (how much is the question), Carroll's tweet means absolute nothing. It's an extremely common sales tactic to talk up the demand for what you have to sell.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
While it may be true that there's demand for the office tower (how much is the question), Carroll's tweet means absolute nothing. It's an extremely common sales tactic to talk up the demand for what you have to sell.
I think in this case its probably enough. This is not a 561 ft tall tower so its much more modest in terms of office space.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:47 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,058,104 times
Quote:
I think in this case its probably enough. This is not a 561 ft tall tower so its much more modest in terms of office space.
For what it's worth, it's probably not relevant about what the demand is now (the tower is "Phase 3" and doesn't have to be built soon). Though I would guess that should there be some ready-to-go tenants, it'll be go time on the tower.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:30 PM

Greensboro's projects are gradually growing in size. Very impressed in what has and is happening. A number of midrise and highrise projects.

Cleary the slope on the Carroll tower is suppose to compliment the slope on the Project Slugger building across the street creating that connection to the ballpark.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 05-02-2019 at 10:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point