Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 02:14 PM

113 posts, read 111,151 times

Advertisements

Nice pictures. And yeah, it's a shame everything seems to be on hold from the virus right now but it will bounce back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 04:08 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Lets hope so cant wait to get downtown to explore!

Old 03-20-2020, 04:13 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
Nice pictures. And yeah, it's a shame everything seems to be on hold from the virus right now but it will bounce back.
Tbh I don’t see a hold on construction, during 12pm to 5pm workers are doing what they do then go home to their families. In that type of environment you have so much more to deal with then someone coughing or sneezing.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:23 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
While it is a disappointment to see the vibrancy of downtown come to a temporary halt I understand. Lives do come first and the more I look at the news the scarier it becomes. You see stories like a family in New Jersey who lost 4 people within a week and they were of all ages not just elderly. The sight of a hospital in Italy looks horrifying with dozens of people on ventilators who look like they are on the doorstep of death. As number begin to pick up here in Greensboro, I'm very close to start wearing my face mask in public. I wash my hands frequently and carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere. I dont touch my face before washing my hands.The world hasn't seen an epidemic this bad since the Spanish Flu in the early 20th century. I dont think people realize how bad things are going to get in the United States.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 03-20-2020 at 06:42 PM..

Old 03-21-2020, 10:03 PM

569 posts, read 342,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
While it is a disappointment to see the vibrancy of downtown come to a temporary halt I understand. Lives do come first and the more I look at the news the scarier it becomes. You see stories like a family in New Jersey who lost 4 people within a week and they were of all ages not just elderly. The sight of a hospital in Italy looks horrifying with dozens of people on ventilators who look like they are on the doorstep of death. As number begin to pick up here in Greensboro, I'm very close to start wearing my face mask in public. I wash my hands frequently and carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere. I dont touch my face before washing my hands.The world hasn't seen an epidemic this bad since the Spanish Flu in the early 20th century. I dont think people realize how bad things are going to get in the United States.

Well said.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:34 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
There are people who still don't think this pandemic is any more dangerous than the flu, and that just shows a lack of education. However, for some of those people, I'm starting to hear a different tune from them as confirmed cases and death toll continue to rise. It's a scary time that we are living in, and it's going to become stressful on people. It's a very real possibility that it becomes mandatory that we stay inside our homes for some time. That can become very stressful on some of us. While most of us are comfortable inside our homes, you will eventually get that feeling of being closed in.

But anyway, once it is all finally over, things will bounce back. I do think things will be a bit different, however. Maybe we all start thinking differently about places that allow for large congregation of folks.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:23 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
Im amazed construction crews are still out, does that count as essential work?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
Construction is essential. Some "essential" industries are allowed to operate to protect the economy.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:00 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,646,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
https://files.nc.gov/governor/docume...me-Order-3.pdf

Old 03-30-2020, 06:45 PM

Lettering above the entrance at the Tanger Center has been installed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point