Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 10:27 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,226,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Well now that the Arts Center is up and running I guess the next big project for Gso is Westin being completed..after that, does anyone know of any other big plans for Gso in the works..
Well there is talk of a few things but no definite proposal at this point. A small conference/convention center and a small arena.

A convention center now makes sense with the opening of hotels, Tanger Center and other attractions. A convention center could attract even more hotels downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 04:18 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Well there is talk of a few things but no definite proposal at this point. A small conference/convention center and a small arena.

A convention center now makes sense with the opening of hotels, Tanger Center and other attractions. A convention center could attract even more hotels downtown.
New to the area read up on the 2030 plan for GSO. If it all happens be amazing.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:12 AM

385 posts, read 290,845 times
I got to experience Tanger Center last night and saw Wicked . My friend got tickets for her birthday from her parents and her hubby didn't want to go after he found out it was like a 3 hr show. LUCKY ME !!!! Walking up to the building, u feel like ur not in Greensboro anymore, very surreal that this building is downtown it definitely changed the landscape of downtown Greensboro for the good! Inside was a lil chaotic, people here, there, everywhere. And when we went to grab a cocktail at intermission somehow 2 lines got formed at the bar as everyone was rushing, to, down a drink in 20 minutes lol. My poor friend had to Chug her wine due to not being able to carry drinks inside the theater. Watching the show was amazing, the lights, sounds, sets , definitely were top notch.!! I was in row L and had a good view. my only complaint and one I seem to share with others from overhearing, is that the seating was not comfortable.. the seats def could be padded more . And they are shoulder to shoulder so wish they were also spaced out a lil. I wonder if the the seats closer to stage are better or if same style seats???

Old 10-13-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I got to experience Tanger Center last night and saw Wicked . My friend got tickets for her birthday from her parents and her hubby didn't want to go after he found out it was like a 3 hr show. LUCKY ME !!!! Walking up to the building, u feel like ur not in Greensboro anymore, very surreal that this building is downtown it definitely changed the landscape of downtown Greensboro for the good! Inside was a lil chaotic, people here, there, everywhere. And when we went to grab a cocktail at intermission somehow 2 lines got formed at the bar as everyone was rushing, to, down a drink in 20 minutes lol. My poor friend had to Chug her wine due to not being able to carry drinks inside the theater. Watching the show was amazing, the lights, sounds, sets , definitely were top notch.!! I was in row L and had a good view. my only complaint and one I seem to share with others from overhearing, is that the seating was not comfortable.. the seats def could be padded more . And they are shoulder to shoulder so wish they were also spaced out a lil. I wonder if the the seats closer to stage are better or if same style seats???

I plan on going this weekend. Figured the first several shows would be crowded but still may be crowded

Old 10-13-2021, 10:48 AM

Let me know what u think about the seating @gsoboi... really felt like they skimp out I'm that department. Almost felt like the seats that are in the little movie theater at brassfield on new garden.. lol... but anyway I'm just grateful the place is opened!!!

Old 10-13-2021, 11:03 AM

333 posts, read 79,505 times
Quote:

I have tickets for a later show, two questions for you. You said you were in row L which section? My tickets are in the center Lodge row L and I'm worried the seats aren't good. Also did they require vaccine proof or test?

Old 10-13-2021, 06:46 PM

@Turtlemom25...I was in seat 7 of row L .. they required u to wear ur mask the whole time... the ushers were making sure that everyone had their mask on. Let me know what u think about the seating. U will love the show. Crazy how the sets change in a blink of an eye! Also I could see everything that was happening on stage from my seat. I mean I couldn't see the actors blink their eyes lol but I could see and makeout what was going on..

Old 10-14-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
@Turtlemom25...I was in seat 7 of row L .. they required u to wear ur mask the whole time... the ushers were making sure that everyone had their mask on. Let me know what u think about the seating. U will love the show. Crazy how the sets change in a blink of an eye! Also I could see everything that was happening on stage from my seat. I mean I couldn't see the actors blink their eyes lol but I could see and makeout what was going on..
The site lines are great and there is not a bad seat in the house. That's one reason why the Tanger Center is not as tall as some performing arts centers and why it doesn't have more than one main balcony like DPAC and the Blumenthal. They did a great job in the arrangement of the seats to make sure everyone has a great view and still managed to get 3,000 seats in there. You are not stretching your neck down from 2 or 4 balconies to see the show.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:30 AM

333 posts, read 79,505 times
@chadfromnc_2000 and @gsoboi78 that makes me feel better, I was so worried that my seats are horrible and that it would look like ants running around on the stage. I'm excited to go.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:12 PM

Btw. Some of you may be to young to remember but back in the 1980s a Western Auto use to be located on the site of the Tanger Center where the main entrance is located. My dad use to take me when I was a kid when he needed car parts. In fact the parking lot facing the road before the Tanger Center was built was the parking lot for Western Auto. Further back on the site there were doctor offices. I would go there as a kid to see Doctor Rubin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point