Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2021, 11:46 AM

511 posts, read 510,926 times

Advertisements

Is Bourbon Bowl open? I drove by several days ago and there were lots of people there. Not sure if it was a soft opening or an employee thing though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 12:06 PM

676 posts, read 494,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Is Bourbon Bowl open? I drove by several days ago and there were lots of people there. Not sure if it was a soft opening or an employee thing though.
I wonder about that myself. I'm sure it will be a popular place once it does officially open. The parking situation is gonna be even more of a nightmare on Friday and Saturday nights.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:17 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
It was indeed a soft opening based on what Bourbon Bowl posted on Facebook. Seems that the actual opening could be any day now.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post
I wonder about that myself. I'm sure it will be a popular place once it does officially open. The parking situation is gonna be even more of a nightmare on Friday and Saturday nights.
There is actually a large city parking lot a block away behind the buildings by Boxcar Barcade, Greensboro Distillery and Fat Tuesday. Also there is on street parking by Bourbon Bowl. I expect because of the popularity, it will be difficult at first getting a lane to bowl. I probably wouldn't try to go during peak hours. I have noticed that there is another small building attached to Bourbon Bowl towards the back along Lewis Street where the patio is located. If tenants move out of that building, I could see it being an expansion of Bourbon Bowl. Maybe it could be used as an area for live music, an additional bar or private rental space for parties. It has a few garage doors which could be opened during nice weather. Similar to a few of the other garage style bar/restaurants downtown.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-13-2021 at 01:33 PM..

Old 06-14-2021, 03:53 PM

Soft opening at Bourbon Bowl

Old 06-15-2021, 07:13 PM

Bourbon Bowl is officially open! Let's Roll! Greensboro becomes the second major NC city to open a new downtown bowling alley. Forget about trying to bowl this weekend lol. You'll have a long wait.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-15-2021 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-17-2021, 11:12 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Bourbon Bowl is officially open! Let's Roll! Greensboro becomes the second major NC city to open a new downtown bowling alley. Forget about trying to bowl this weekend lol. You'll have a long wait.
just some updates for Greensboro Westin, east bailey village, and the A&T research facility.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:18 AM

The new Eugene Street parking deck officially opens.

https://greensboro.com/news/local/ne...57830ebdb.html

Old 06-23-2021, 06:21 PM

676 posts, read 494,521 times
I was driving S.Elm street about 30 minutes ago, and every table outside at the Bourbon Bowl was filled, and looked like the inside was packed as well. Pretty good for 7:15 on Wednesday evening. People across the street dining outside at Lewis & Elm. Sidewalks teeming with people.

On a bit of a down note, this is 1618 downtown's final week, but a new restaurant will take its place in the fall.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/video/news...4-8872ad762983

Old 06-24-2021, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post
I was driving S.Elm street about 30 minutes ago, and every table outside at the Bourbon Bowl was filled, and looked like the inside was packed as well. Pretty good for 7:15 on Wednesday evening. People across the street dining outside at Lewis & Elm. Sidewalks teeming with people.

On a bit of a down note, this is 1618 downtown's final week, but a new restaurant will take its place in the fall.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/video/news...4-8872ad762983
Bourbon Bowl is in such high demand that they put out a message on Facebook that they weren't accepting reservations. Basically you have to take a number. That's great that its a popular destination. Then there is Bearded Goat across Lewis Street with people sitting out on the patio. That section of downtown is indeed alive. However considering the popularity of Bourbon Bowl, it would have been nice if it were larger with at least twice as many lanes to handle the flow. There was a missed opportunity with the Gateway Center (former Blue Bell/Wrangler Jeans Denim mill) at Gate City Blvd and South Elm. Instead of that being renovated for office it should have been turned into an entertainment complex which could have included a larger bowling alley and other entertainment elements such as a comedy club, live music venue etc. But Bourbon Bowl's current location is still very nice especially with the arrangement of the patio. Probably the best time to go is during the beginning of the week early in the day during opening hours. Places like Bourbon Bowl is just what downtown needs creating a vibrant downtown nightlife not just on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We are really starting to see an active downtown every night.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-24-2021 at 05:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point