Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2023, 01:40 PM

97 posts, read 71,170 times

Advertisements

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...ighlights.html

No major new announcements. Lots of new restaurants coming along, which is great. Mentions of the Westin and the N&R site, but no concrete news. Zack Matheny is still pushing for a small arena downtown (AKA a solution looking for a problem).

A common denominator in delayed projects? City involvement (Westin deck progress is slow, AC Hotel start is waiting on street work to wrap up).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 02:09 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,055,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_thomas View Post

No major new announcements. Lots of new restaurants coming along, which is great. Mentions of the Westin and the N&R site, but no concrete news. Zack Matheny is still pushing for a small arena downtown (AKA a solution looking for a problem).

A common denominator in delayed projects? City involvement (Westin deck progress is slow, AC Hotel start is waiting on street work to wrap up).
The biggest "news" I got out of that is a very small scale food hall coming. Previously announced restaurants are apparently still on the way. Westin, stalled. AC, stalled. Apartments, no progress. Vague arena mention which we've heard before. No mention at all of the Hoppers plan so I'm guessing something got nixed and it's back to the drawing board.

Old 06-06-2023, 02:28 PM

676 posts, read 494,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
The biggest "news" I got out of that is a very small scale food hall coming. Previously announced restaurants are apparently still on the way. Westin, stalled. AC, stalled. Apartments, no progress. Vague arena mention which we've heard before. No mention at all of the Hoppers plan so I'm guessing something got nixed and it's back to the drawing board.

I wonder where the food hall will be. I drive by the former home of Revolution Burger/Bakery/Flock building on Spring Garden and think that you could possibly put a food hall inside. Not sure if the location being in a secondary area of downtown would be a huge detriment or not.

Old 06-06-2023, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
I wonder where the food hall will be. I drive by the former home of Revolution Burger/Bakery/Flock building on Spring Garden and think that you could possibly put a food hall inside. Not sure if the location being in a secondary area of downtown would be a huge detriment or not.
The food hall will be a consolidation of a few shops at 400 E Market St (about a block from The Abbey).

The location to me seems to be a swing and a miss. It's touted as between downtown and A&T... but it's a ways from campus and several blocks from anything downtown.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:05 PM

241 posts, read 237,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
The food hall will be a consolidation of a few shops at 400 E Market St (about a block from The Abbey).

The location to me seems to be a swing and a miss. It's touted as between downtown and A&T... but it's a ways from campus and several blocks from anything downtown.

I disagree. A&T students routinely walk from campus into downtown and these shops are even closer. They'll be a welcome addition to folks living on and around campus. Governor's Court condos are also a short walking distance as is the Bailey Village Development on Market Street.

Old 06-06-2023, 09:00 PM

171 posts, read 159,136 times
I was just about the say the same thing its really close to the collage as well as walking distance to many apartment complexes.

Old 06-06-2023, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
I was just about the say the same thing its really close to the collage as well as walking distance to many apartment complexes.
On second glance, it seems closer than I realized to A&T initially and it is close to Bailey Village. But how's the parking situation by where this is going? I was kind of hoping the Hoppers owners would do a food hall as part of their development, but I guess that's out unless downtown will have two food halls. Not to mention, there's still no public news on how that's even going.

Old 06-07-2023, 04:54 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Possible arena and restaurants coming to downtown Greensboro

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...edium=referral

Old 06-07-2023, 08:16 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Also there is significant interest in the News and Record site. Work on the Westin above the deck will begin after summer and Roy Carroll plans to begin construction on Carroll Ballpark South (10 story AC Hotel and apartments) in 2024.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-07-2023 at 08:24 AM..

Old 06-07-2023, 09:36 AM

385 posts, read 290,474 times
Well... Greensboro has till 2045 to impress me with a vision of a thriving booming forward thinking city. ( That's when my mortage gets paid off). Haaa haaa.. so they got me a a resident at least till then.. hopefully the Westin will at least have a grand opening by 2040 so I can see it in all it's full glory ;p
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point