Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2023, 04:02 PM

113 posts, read 111,080 times

Advertisements

Every single revision of the plan has made it lower quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2023, 06:19 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,226,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Yes @gsoboi78 looks like it should have a Hampton Inn sign slapped on it!! City View was the first major apt complex downtown and it was built with character! The colors and the green accents! I really do wonder how all this new competition is going to affect City view... The place is starting to show it's age but it does at least have charm still!!!
The problem is the rising rents which are causing people to move and the apartments are not being replaced quickly with new renters at CityView. A former neighbor of mine was paying about $1,000 a month for a studio unit and when they renewed his lease they bumped him up to $1,300 a month. He had to move.

Old 02-06-2023, 08:18 PM

511 posts, read 511,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Future Union Square Apartments in downtown Greensboro at Gate City Blvd and South Elm Street.

Here is a rendering of the planned Union Square Apartments next to the Union Square university campus and future downtown Lidl grocery store. A 250 space parking deck will be built behind the complex which also will border the southern leg of the downtown greenway

Where did you find out about this? I can’t find any info for it. I can’t figure out exactly where it’s going from the rendering. The way it goes up hill confuses me like we’re looking north. But could it be going along Bragg street/greenway?

Old 02-07-2023, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Where did you find out about this? I can’t find any info for it. I can’t figure out exactly where it’s going from the rendering. The way it goes up hill confuses me like we’re looking north. But could it be going along Bragg street/greenway?
Here is the link

https://www.rhinotimes.com/news/unio...new-developer/

Old 02-07-2023, 10:03 AM

385 posts, read 290,845 times
1300.00 for a studio...yikes.. downtown Greensboro does not warrant those price points yet as I've mentioned before... I'd rather save a few houndred and live 15 away and just drive downtown when I want to venture downtown. Maybe in 2030 it will warrent those price points but as of today it does not in my opinion.. when they have shops that stay open later during wk days then that will be a plus. Right now .. you go out to eat during week and you walk by all the closed stores on ur way to the restaurants.. u can't do anything after your meal but look into the windows of the closed shops

Old 02-07-2023, 05:08 PM

Quote:
1300.00 for a studio...yikes.. downtown Greensboro does not warrant those price points yet as I've mentioned before... I'd rather save a few houndred and live 15 away and just drive downtown when I want to venture downtown. Maybe in 2030 it will warrent those price points but as of today it does not in my opinion.. when they have shops that stay open later during wk days then that will be a plus. Right now .. you go out to eat during week and you walk by all the closed stores on ur way to the restaurants.. u can't do anything after your meal but look into the windows of the closed shops
I agree. Downtown Greensboro is not uptown Charlotte. Not sure why everything is getting expensive in downtown Greensboro. Office leasing rates are more expensive than the rates in downtown Winston-Salem.

Old 02-08-2023, 10:49 AM

385 posts, read 290,845 times
Lol, guess I could always go browse in Lidl when they open after I've had a nice meal downtown on a WK night lol.. I was at friendly center eating at Harpers the other night and finished meal about 800.. most of the stores there closed at 8 it seems . They only place left open I could walk in was Macy's. Then went to Barnes and Nobles . Which I only had 10 minutes to browse in because they closed at 9.... I swore they use to stay open till 10 at least before covid mess started?!? Didn't most stores use to stay open at friendly center till 9 precovid?!? It was such a ghost town if u weren't in resturant.. granted it was a Tuesday night but still...

Old 02-15-2023, 10:42 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times
Quote:
Took the words right out of my mouth. So many curious trajectories this city takes that seem to be counter intuitive and counter productive.

Old 02-15-2023, 04:57 PM

Development plans around ballpark announced.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...c-a86d23f0626b

Old 02-15-2023, 10:22 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,056,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Development plans around ballpark announced.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...c-a86d23f0626b
It has been known there are plans for a while, but still nothing concrete. That said, it sounds like we will have some actual details soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point