Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2023, 09:13 PM

379 posts, read 207,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The rendering. Pretty cool medical building. I was wondering when medical buildings in that area would start to go vertical. They should have been doing this with expansions at Cone Hospital. You have to walk a mile to get from one end of the hospital to the other.
That is a really nice rendering. Love that it is tall and thin. Good job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 03:56 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
Well it was a year ago today the crane was erected to build the Westin. Construction has been slow as it has been with other downtown projects. But we should finally see construction on the hotel itself above the deck begin early this year. It has been stated that construction won't begin until the deck is complete.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:58 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
I thought I read somewhere that the guy who owns the place next door or something is suing again. Hopefully, its resolved!

Old 01-23-2023, 03:26 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,058,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the guy who owns the place next door or something is suing again. Hopefully, its resolved!
Yeah. Apparently when the actual construction of the parking deck went up, they did not allow the agreed upon width for that back alley.

My question is why it took for the deck itself to top out and be nearly finished before this became an issue. You'd think from the instant concrete went up that there was a problem.

Old 02-05-2023, 07:27 PM

Future Union Square Apartments in downtown Greensboro at Gate City Blvd and South Elm Street.

Here is a rendering of the planned Union Square Apartments next to the Union Square university campus and future downtown Lidl grocery store. A 250 space parking deck will be built behind the complex which also will border the southern leg of the downtown greenway

Old 02-06-2023, 04:05 AM

388 posts, read 291,745 times
Quote:
Future Union Square Apartments in downtown Greensboro at Gate City Blvd and South Elm Street.

Here is a rendering of the planned Union Square Apartments next to the Union Square university campus and future downtown Lidl grocery store. A 250 space parking deck will be built behind the complex which also will border the southern leg of the downtown greenway

Dang, very generic looking, wish they could of come up with something more creative looking. Maybe it's just the side of the building you see in the picture. But to me this has no wow factor or a welcomeing vibe...

Old 02-06-2023, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Dang, very generic looking, wish they could of come up with something more creative looking. Maybe it's just the side of the building you see in the picture. But to me this has no wow factor or a welcomeing vibe...
I'm not gonna lie....it could be a typical suburban hotel with the design. Don't know developers Don't have more imagination when it comes to downtown Greensboro projects

Old 02-06-2023, 05:33 AM

388 posts, read 291,745 times
Yes @gsoboi78 looks like it should have a Hampton Inn sign slapped on it!! City View was the first major apt complex downtown and it was built with character! The colors and the green accents! I really do wonder how all this new competition is going to affect City view... The place is starting to show it's age but it does at least have charm still!!!

Old 02-06-2023, 02:30 PM

113 posts, read 111,151 times
The city has utterly failed to do anything note-worthy with the South Elm redevelopment so this is just par for the course unfortunately.

On the bright side, though, I'd say this probably has about as high a chance of being built as the other 46 proposals we've seen over the last 18 years.

Old 02-06-2023, 03:12 PM

171 posts, read 159,250 times
Quote:

Here is a rendering of the planned Union Square Apartments next to the Union Square university campus and the future downtown Lidl grocery store. A 250-space parking deck will be built behind the complex which also will border the southern leg of the downtown greenway

I think this is better than just the regular Iidl they planned but not as nice as the one rendered in 2017
Attached Thumbnails
Greensboro downtown Development.-screenshot-2023-01-12-165801.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point