Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:09 PM

10 posts, read 70,293 times

Advertisements

I took my physical and drug test in October and have not heard from mau. When I call they tell me they are still waiting on my physical results and that I'll be notified when they are available. I was told it could take up to three weeks, it's been three months. Anyone else have any luck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 AM

26 posts, read 271,999 times
ouch. Sounds like some paperwork got mixed up or lost. You should ask them to call the place you took your physical.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 PM

34 posts, read 174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1234k View Post
I took my physical and drug test in October and have not heard from mau. When I call they tell me they are still waiting on my physical results and that I'll be notified when they are available. I was told it could take up to three weeks, it's been three months. Anyone else have any luck?

Its been 3 months since my physical and no word here either. They did verify my employment a month ago, but haven't contacted any of my references. I am assuming the hiring may have slowed and that's why no word on the physical results. I'm guessing they hold off on informing you if you pass, until your inline for the next orientation class. Maybe someone can correct me on this?

Three months seems oddly long just for a straight up answer on the results only.

Have you heard anything John?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM

298 posts, read 687,303 times
This may not apply to the poster's in this thread but my feeling is .... if you don't use drugs you already know the answer to the drug test question don't you?

If you do use drugs, the lack of an answer is probably your answer to the drug test question. Just saying.

The same would apply to a basic pre-employment physical. You already know if you're healthy or not, don't you?

Either way, if the suspense is killing you ..... you probably already know the real answer.

Call me cynical, but an applicant knows deep inside if a drug test/physical is going to be a 'problem' or not.

Now if MAU is saying they don't have results? I guess I would be pressing for action. If they truly don't have the results after 3 months, something is truly screwed up in the machine.

Last edited by Shadetree930; 03-02-2012 at 12:58 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 PM

34 posts, read 174,996 times
I agree on the drug and physical part shade. I am just trying to converse with others that maybe in the same stage of the process.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 PM

10 posts, read 70,293 times
I have not heard anything at this point. It looks like they are not adding any jobs right now. They are not taking interviews for bmw positions at this time on MAU's website.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM

231 posts, read 576,935 times
Hi John,

I took my physical back in November 2011 and haven't heard anything either. I have called several times and while BMW Health Services confirmed at least twice that they have sent my physical results, MAU says they do not have it. However, MAU also said those applicants are "on hold" until they hear further from BMW but they have no time frame for how long it might be. I'm not sure what happened...last year they were hiring and expanding and now everything seems to have come to a halt. Hopefully it will work out for us soon. It has been quite a while, but I would still like to work there ya know? Take care.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 AM

12 posts, read 27,491 times
I don't have any special insight to the employment process at BMW-MAU but I know that BMW was looking to lose I think 300 jobs (contractors) through normal attrition so while that doesn't make since of MAU jerking you around maybe thats why they are being slow

Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 AM

57 posts, read 142,031 times
Maybe your in a hiring pool and don't know it. Maybe MAU is waiting for somebody to quit or get fired before they call you up.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM

271 posts, read 797,501 times
They have 70 MAU temps starting the 2nd shift production lines, in early May. So MAU/BMW IS hiring. As a matter of fact, this is the 3rd "class" to come out on the floor since January. My spouse works the 2nd shift production line, having started with MAU and now a official BMW employee. He's often the one that trains some of the newbies on their new jobs, so this is all straight from someone who is in the building, so to speak. For those that have been waiting for several months, well, honestly, I'd have to say that you may want to move on....it's not looking good for you . Too bad MAU isn't a bit more upfront about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area