Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 PM

231 posts, read 576,878 times

Advertisements

Those people who are starting in May must have been people who applied earlier back than October of last year. Because everyone that applied and took their physical after October through present has not heard back, and it's not because they failed any of it. The hiring is on hold and will be until BMW gives the go ahead to MAU. Also, MAU's contract is up for renewal so that may be playing into it. I know two people currently working through MAU at BMW and me and several others who have applied late last year. We're all in the same boat - waiting until the hiring hold is over. They would have notified us soon if we failed some portion of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 PM

271 posts, read 797,501 times
I don't know when the new hires applied and went through the process, and I'm sure you don't either. I do know the hiring is not on hold. MAU people typically find out 2-3 weeks out that they are in, and will start training in 2-3 weeks. That happens when BMW tells MAU they need more people and schedule the training. Then MAU calls in the troops. So this class that is starting in May, found out in early April. That's not a hiring hold. There were at least 2 classes that came in before, in 2012. That's three classes in five months. That's not a hiring hold. They may not be hiring as much as they have in the past, but they are hiring.

I'm not saying that you or anyone else who is still waiting "failed" any portion of the test. I'm saying that MAU has hundreds of people knocking on their door trying to get into BMW. They aren't in any rush, and they have no need to "cut you" if you don't fail the hiring tests. They'll just dangle you along until you finally get called up. Until then, they'll just keeping telling you something each time you call in to check your status, that gets you off the phone happy. If you are no longer available when they finally call you, perhaps you find something else, no harm to them, they'll just call the next person on the list. Personally, I wouldn't be letting MAU dangle me like that...I'd have moved on and found something else, if possible. BMW isn't the only fish in town.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Yes I do know those people starting in May must have applied before Sept/Oct because anyone who applied and went through testing after Sept/Oct has not been contacted. I know someone who started in September and that was the last point in time that they were going by the "2-3 week" time frame. Hiring is on hold in the fact that they are not even actively interviewing at all right now. Last year, they were constantly interviewing, as they were constantly hiring. Now the hiring has slowed down to a near stop. Everyone who passed the written test and APS were given contingent job offers. Meaning, unless they failed the drug test or physical, which they would have known by now, they are in the waiting pool. Obviously there is such an extensive back log of ready employees that they are several months behind. Those people shouldn't "move on" and assume they didn't get the job - they have contingent job offers and will be called once they get caught up to the point that they are hiring people who applied late last year. Since the hiring has slowed so much, they haven't gotten to that point yet. Yes they should not leave their current jobs or should still have been seeking other employment in the mean time, but they should not "forget about" MAU because they are still going to be hired once hiring increases.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 PM

271 posts, read 797,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep8477 View Post
Yes I do know those people starting in May must have applied before Sept/Oct because anyone who applied and went through testing after Sept/Oct has not been contacted. I know someone who started in September and that was the last point in time that they were going by the "2-3 week" time frame. .
Really? Anyone?? You know that applies to ANYONE? You've been in contact with ALL of those people? Large generalization, I think.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiis View Post
Really? Anyone?? You know that applies to ANYONE? You've been in contact with ALL of those people? Large generalization, I think.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
When it's a total of 7 or 8 people in the exact same boat...yes, I think it's more than a coincidence... hiring has just slowed to a point where the number of ready applicants far exceeds the number of openings. But either way, those people will still be hired at a later date.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:38 PM

10 posts, read 70,293 times
Until I find someone that took the physical after me and has been hired, I'll assume everything MAU says is true and that most of us are just waiting in line to be called. I know of 5 ppl that passed all tests, got the contingent job offer, took the physical and heard nothing since. A friend of mine that applied in Feb of 2011 got hired in september of 2011. Just a look on old forum posts similar to this one shows that people have waited at least 6 months or longer in this process before.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 PM

26 posts, read 271,999 times
There is a lot going on at BMW right now. I'm sorry that it's taking so long to hear back, but I have a feeling it's due to all the internal movement in the plant. BMW has been hiring permanent associates from MAU a LOT this past year and almost every person who gets hired on permanent moves (especially if they're on day shift, they go to night shift). We have a pretty weak head count in my area of the body shop right now, if even one person calls out, we go into emergency mode and have to pull people from other departments to cover it. I think they're just being cautious to not overhire.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:51 AM

It looks like MAU is taking applications for BMW positions again. Maybe they will start hiring soon.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:17 PM

3 posts, read 32,396 times
I just got a call from MAU to attend a BMW Info Session. Does anyone know exactly what this involves? The woman at MAU will tell me nothing!! They are so tight lipped about everything!! Does this mean I will possibly be called to work soon or what? Thanks in advance for any comments!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 PM

I got an email to attend as well. The email said this was to "update your file and prepare you for potential positions at BMW." I guess we will find out when we show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area