Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:21 PM

3 posts, read 32,396 times

Advertisements

I attended the info session to find out that I will be going to orientation and starting night shift July 15th!!! Hopefully everyone here that has been waiting will be starting with me!!! Yaay!! ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM

10 posts, read 70,293 times
I will be starting one week after you. Congrats! You must have went to the 7 or 9 am meeting

Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 32,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1234k View Post
I will be starting one week after you. Congrats! You must have went to the 7 or 9 am meeting

Congrats to you also John!! Yes I went to the 9am meeting!!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:34 PM

26 posts, read 271,999 times
Good to hear. Anyone starting in the body shop? If so I'll be seeing you soon.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:55 PM

3 posts, read 14,586 times
I got a call today to come to MAU for a 30 minute interview this Friday. I first went to MAU back in March, I believe, for the initial 5 or 10 minute interview. This is the first I have heard from them since that March interview. Could someone tell me what this 30 minute interview will be like? This is for the production line, and I haven't taken a physical or drug test yet. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 PM

10 posts, read 70,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easleyshay View Post
I got a call today to come to MAU for a 30 minute interview this Friday. I first went to MAU back in March, I believe, for the initial 5 or 10 minute interview. This is the first I have heard from them since that March interview. Could someone tell me what this 30 minute interview will be like? This is for the production line, and I haven't taken a physical or drug test yet. Thanks!
Hey I'm not sure what the 30 minute interview is. My process went like this: short 5 minute interview. Then went to pass a written test, then physical test, then drugscreen/physical. About 7 months later I got a call to attend and info session where we were given our orientation date as well as scheduling an appointment to take another drug screening. Have you taken any tests so far?

Old 07-11-2012, 10:22 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
I will be starting at BMW with a non-exempt position next Monday. I interviewed and was offered the job the same day. Which was about three weeks ago. The hard part was waiting for my background check to clear. And the reason for the delay was my short hair.

Yes, I said short hair. I had to go in for a Hair Folicle Drug test and my hair (which has been short for over twenty years) was too short on my head. So I had them take hair from my arm and the tech did not take enough. So we didn't know that for almost a week and had to go back in for a second test. This time I had her shave my entire right thigh!!

Results came back today and everything is cool. So I start on Monday, 8-5. Can't wait, very excited.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 13,770 times
Hey guys!! listen up a listen good!!! MAU is the most unorganized company on the planet!! they do not care for you and will lie to you just to lie!! if you tough it out you will get hired to BMW. But trust me it is hard!!! also the insurance is a joke that mau provides!! it cost me right at $500 a month for insurance!!! again think about it before you apply!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:32 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabo1981 View Post
Hey guys!! listen up a listen good!!! MAU is the most unorganized company on the planet!! they do not care for you and will lie to you just to lie!! if you tough it out you will get hired to BMW. But trust me it is hard!!! also the insurance is a joke that mau provides!! it cost me right at $500 a month for insurance!!! again think about it before you apply!!!
I've heard that about MAU. Also someone said that the hourly pay you are quoted is not what you actually get.

Anyway, most of the MAU workers at the plant had the day off today. Not sure if they get paid when the line is stopped. Something you may want to look into if hired by MAU.

Beside the new X4 line that will be starting up soon, there is rumor of a new car line coming in a year or two.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM

26 posts, read 271,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I've heard that about MAU. Also someone said that the hourly pay you are quoted is not what you actually get.

Anyway, most of the MAU workers at the plant had the day off today. Not sure if they get paid when the line is stopped. Something you may want to look into if hired by MAU.

Beside the new X4 line that will be starting up soon, there is rumor of a new car line coming in a year or two.
I can address a few of these issues.

Mau's current pay rates are $15/hr for A-shift and $16/hr for B-shift.

If the line is stopped to the point that they send you home, you DO NOT get paid for the time.

Yes, the X4 is coming, and there are plenty of rumors of another model (possibly a 3 or 5 series) coming in a few years.

Edit: I forgot the main reason for posting. I never had a problem while I worked for MAU, I always clocked in and out on time and did my job and in 1 1/2 years, I would never say they were unorganized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area