Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZetro View Post
The Toys R Us on Woods Crossing AND the Babies R Us on Haywood are closing when the new Toys R Us/Babies R Us is opened on Woodruff Rd by Costco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
DSW and TJ Maxx will be going in the Toys R Us spot once they move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
What will happen to the TJMaxx just a mile or two away on Haywood and Orchard Park? Is that going to close, I'd think so if they are putting another one so close.
TJ Maxx's relocation would result in the old store closing, and a moving sale going on.

Will Toys R Us will be split among TJ Maxx and DSW?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
TJ Maxx's relocation would result in the old store closing, and a moving sale going on.

Will Toys R Us will be split among TJ Maxx and DSW?

Someone had a link to the plans. I remember seeing them. I believe it was split. I think the whole center will be renovated. Hopefully they get an anchor for the old Circuit City (I vote for Nordstrom Rack but doubt it will happen). The plans showed a freestanding Chipotle built in the side parking area beside ToysRUs close to Haywood. I hope all this happens because Haywood needs some good stuff to happen. A redeveloped Gallery shopping center (where Babies R US is now behind Chickfila ) would be nice too.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
BiLo at Richmond Plaza at the intersection of Faris Rd and S Pleasantburg near Greenville Tech is closing Saturday. I stopped in there tonight and about half of the shelves were bare but there were no signs saying they were going out of business. Another customer said that the landlord was going to raise the rent so high that they decided to not to renew their lease. I do most of my shopping at Publix but that BiLo is really convenient to my home and easy to get in and out going in the entrance on McAlister Rd. If that store stays empty it will hurt business at Family Dollar, Lee's Nails, and Chang An. I hope the Bank of America in the same parking lot doesn't close also. It would be really good if a Big Lots would replace BiLo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
It was probably underperforming since it is so close to the S.Pleasantburg store. They have some locations in Greenville that are just too close together IMO. Walmart Markets is scouting around for dark grocery store locations and Big Lots would be a good replacement too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I have to wonder if that's just hearsay... I mean, raising rent significantly would indicate REALLY strong demand. I know that's a busy stretch of road and it's across the street from Greenville Tech, but.... That doesn't seem like a high-demand area from a commercial real estate standpoint IMHO.
The Bi-Lo at South Pleasantburg and West Faris underperformed consistently. Most of its customers resided in government projects blocks away. Theft was not uncommon at this Bi-Lo. With the lease expiring, Bi-Lo wanted to cut its losses and move on. I do not expect major retailers to locate here because of safety reasons.

It will not be surprising to see a few more underperforming Bi-Lo locations close. Several stores have leases coming up also. The Bi-Lo on Wade Hampton Boulevard at Tappan Drive in Taylors, near Walmart, has been in danger of closing for several years.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Bi-Lo at South Pleasantburg and West Faris underperformed consistently. Most of its customers resided in government projects blocks away. Theft was not uncommon at this Bi-Lo. With the lease expiring, Bi-Lo wanted to cut its losses and move on. I do not expect major retailers to locate here because of safety reasons.

It will not be surprising to see a few more underperforming Bi-Lo locations close. Several stores have leases coming up also. The Bi-Lo on Wade Hampton Boulevard at Tappan Drive in Taylors, near Walmart, has been in danger of closing for several years.
One location they should close is that East North location at Howell Commons between the North Hills location on E North and the Brushy Creek store. They have 3 stores within three miles on E North St (Old Spartanburg Rd). Geez close the one in the middle and save on some overhead. They might turn a profit.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
One location they should close is that East North location at Howell Commons between the North Hills location on E North and the Brushy Creek store. They have 3 stores within three miles on E North St (Old Spartanburg Rd). Geez close the one in the middle and save on some overhead. They might turn a profit.
So you're advocating a vacant big box store and more lost jobs then. I think they should keep it open instead.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:34 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,256 times
Quote:
Is that the really rough looking Bi-Lo next to shopping center that is basically empty with a Papa John's in it? That one could definitely go and wouldn't be missed. Either that or completely renovate it.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Is that the really rough looking Bi-Lo next to shopping center that is basically empty with a Papa John's in it? That one could definitely go and wouldn't be missed. Either that or completely renovate it.
It is way past its prime. That piece of probably would be a great place for an infill development like an apartment complex. Its interesting BILO hasn't remodeled it or the North Hills location. They are probably deciding what to do or waiting on expiring leases. In the case of Bilo any lost jobs that occur can probably be absorbed at other locations nearby

Old 02-12-2012, 05:27 PM

176 posts, read 242,710 times
Tomorrow, Feb. 13 is the last day for all closing Food Lions, if they haven't closed already due to lack of inventory. Everything is 75% off (if there's anything left.)

These Food Lions in the Upstate are closing forever tomorrow at 6 PM (if they haven't closed already):
Greer (SC-14)
Anderson (SC-24)
Greenville (Pleasantburg Dr)
Inman (Asheville Hwy)
Laurens (Hillcrest Dr)
Spartanburg (2 locations, Reidville Rd and Cedar Springs Rd)

Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 PM

176 posts, read 242,710 times
Sprint store, Ray E Talley Ct. closed.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
So you're advocating a vacant big box store and more lost jobs then. I think they should keep it open instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Papa John's is in Patchwork Plaza on East North Street past Bi-Lo.

Quote:
It is way past its prime. That piece of probably would be a great place for an infill development like an apartment complex. Its interesting BILO hasn't remodeled it or the North Hills location. They are probably deciding what to do or waiting on expiring leases. In the case of Bilo any lost jobs that occur can probably be absorbed at other locations nearby
Bi-Lo has been at Vaughn's at East North since 1995 when it acquired Sav-A-Center from A&P. (The North Hills store, a relocation, opened in the late 1980s, and Hudson Road store, a new store, opened in 1992.) The area around in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area