Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2021, 11:54 AM

208 posts, read 216,647 times

Advertisements

Did Tanner's Big Orange close? Noticed today that the outdoor patio cover is coming down, there was a dumpster out front, and did not appear that anyone was inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 01:31 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,986 times
The website is down, too.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:18 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
Did Tanner's Big Orange close? Noticed today that the outdoor patio cover is coming down, there was a dumpster out front, and did not appear that anyone was inside.
Wouldnt surprise me after what happened last year.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:30 AM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
I don't think Tanner's is gone. Probably just maintenance (Needed based on the last time I was there)..

Someone's updated their hours on Facebook showing they're now open until 6pm (They were just open until 4pm).. I think the website was just left to rot years ago.. They still have online ordering available through grubhub.

Old 07-16-2021, 07:22 AM

39 posts, read 73,071 times
Default Not closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
Ate Lunch in the area yesterday and it was packed when I drove by.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:35 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I don't think Tanner's is gone. Probably just maintenance (Needed based on the last time I was there)..

Someone's updated their hours on Facebook showing they're now open until 6pm (They were just open until 4pm).. I think the website was just left to rot years ago.. They still have online ordering available through grubhub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lswrld69 View Post
Ate Lunch in the area yesterday and it was packed when I drove by.
Some of those local chains like Tanner's and Clock still shut down for a week in the summer for a vacation break. Probably what was going on a few weeks ago around the July 4th week.

Shutting down for a week around the 4th is an old school thing that dates back to all the textile mills that were once here. My grandparents used to call it "vacation week". Now you are lucky if you get the day off at many of these companies. lol.

Last edited by vistatiger; 07-16-2021 at 08:45 AM..

Old 07-19-2021, 08:07 AM

145 posts, read 174,685 times
So when did sticky fingers off Woodruff close? I must have missed that one.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:54 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymacbb View Post
Like three years ago. Where have you been? Lol.

Old 07-19-2021, 02:04 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymacbb View Post
For some reason, a lot of popular restaurants in that region of Woodruff Rd. have shut down in the last few years. In addition to Sticky Fingers, Jack in the Box, Bob Evans, Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Applebee's, Bojangle's, and that original Perkin's. And that Hardee's doesn't seem to do much business anymore.

Old 07-19-2021, 03:59 PM

127 posts, read 100,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
For some reason, a lot of popular restaurants in that region of Woodruff Rd. have shut down in the last few years. In addition to Sticky Fingers, Jack in the Box, Bob Evans, Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Applebee's, Bojangle's, and that original Perkin's. And that Hardee's doesn't seem to do much business anymore.
Jack in the Box (1102 Woodruff Road) closed due to financial issues, this was the same wave that closed the Simpsonville Main Street, Haywood, and Laurens Road ones.

While there was a Bob Evans off of Woodruff (1 Market Point Drive), I believe you're referring to Mimi's Cafe, which appears to have closed due to underperformance.

Chili's and Bojangles both relocated, the former to Simpsonville, and the latter further down Woodruff near Five Forks.

Ruby Tuesday has been in financial trouble for years. They've slowly whittled down their locations in the Greenville area over the past few years. That particular location (1113 Woodruff Road) was at one point the auto center for Montgomery Ward at Greenville Mall.

That Applebee's seemed to have really dropped off in business during the years leading up to its closure. Not really surprised to have seen it close.

Perkins, just like Jack in the Box and RT, had financial issues, which led to the closing of their Woodruff Road location several years ago.

Sticky Fingers was a fatality of the pandemic, I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area