Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 07:10 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Elaborate. I highly disagree. Look at the chef and his background credentials. I’m sure you’re one of the people who thought Rick Erwin’s and Soby’s wouldn’t last long either.
I guess I should rephrase that, it looks depressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 08:09 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I guess I should rephrase that, it looks depressing.
Ehhh…every restaurant downtown is overpriced for what you get. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:07 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
But Scoundrel will be distinctly his, he says, and something distinct within Greenville. Cash hopes to present the city with a new taste, one familiar but uplifted with pops and unexpected plays.

“You’ve gotta be able to have things that other people don’t have,” Cash said with a grin. “That’s why we’re here. We’re not here to just do the same things as everybody else. We have to invest where we can and be wise about it.”

“Joe has the two most important characteristics that make a successful chef,” said Rich Torrisi, managing partner with Major Food Group, who worked closely with Cash. “One of them is the discipline and dedication to the craft. Secondly, his enthusiasm for the ingredients and making great cuisine.”

Torrisi knew Cash would one day pursue his own venture.

“I wasn't surprised, I was incredibly excited for him and for his home state of South Carolina,’ he said. “A returning son that honed and refined his talent; Greenville is very lucky to have him back.”

Old 04-01-2022, 05:37 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Elaborate. I highly disagree. Look at the chef and his background credentials. I’m sure you’re one of the people who thought Rick Erwin’s and Soby’s wouldn’t last long either.
I don't think this restaurant is designed for the common folk. Neither is Erwin's or Soby's to be honest. I would go their for a very special occasion I suppose or a business dinner that I'm not paying for.

But if it brings $$$$$ to downtown Greenville, that's good for the common folk to enjoy the free amenities that only get better.

Old 04-01-2022, 05:54 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I don't think this restaurant is designed for the common folk. Neither is Erwin's or Soby's to be honest. I would go their for a very special occasion I suppose or a business dinner that I'm not paying for.

But if it brings $$$$$ to downtown Greenville, that's good for the common folk to enjoy the free amenities that only get better.
Ha! Yeah you have already pared your customer pool way down around these parts when you state "you will not find anything chicken fried or slathered in country gravy on the menu here."

Looks a little too frou- frou for my taste and pocketbook too but to each their own.

Last edited by vistatiger; 04-01-2022 at 06:17 AM..

Old 04-01-2022, 05:55 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

This!

Old 05-03-2022, 09:19 AM

207 posts, read 216,501 times
When did the Firehouse Subs on Pelham @ I85 close? It's a vape and smoke shop now. Was that a franchise store?

Old 05-03-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gville75 View Post
When did the Firehouse Subs on Pelham @ I85 close? It's a vape and smoke shop now. Was that a franchise store?
Not sure. Maybe nearby Schlotsky's and Jimmy John's took their lunch. My two favorites for sandwiches in that area.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:12 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Not sure. Maybe nearby Schlotsky's and Jimmy John's took their lunch. My two favorites for sandwiches in that area.

I wish I knew WTF happened to Schlotzky's around here. There used to be one on every corner it seems. Now, basically the one in Greer.. And the one in Anderson, to be fair.

I remember first being exposed to them via the store on Augusta Rd, which I think was the original one back in the early 90's.

Old 05-03-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I wish I knew WTF happened to Schlotzky's around here. There used to be one on every corner it seems. Now, basically the one in Greer.. And the one in Anderson, to be fair.

I remember first being exposed to them via the store on Augusta Rd, which I think was the original one back in the early 90's.
Yes great question. Good place to eat. I remember the Schlotsky's on Woodruff and Wade Hampton(soon to be Huey Magoo's) and Greenwood had one as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area